• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKRT00

Xbone is not in the stretch goals, which probably mean that Sony is funding it partially, which seems logical, because $2m is way not enough for this kind of game.

Good luck for them. I actually though that it will start at $5m at least, but $2m they should achieve their goal.

Zukuu

Banned
I see a problem with this. There are only 2 10k slots. Even if some enthusiasts want want to spend thousands of dollars on this, they simply can't. 500$ is the max. Should have included way more.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this is the greatest day this century.

even kickstarter has guru meditation. shenmue sends its regards.

jph139

The Last Guardian was news.

Final Fantasy VII shocked me.

Earthbound Beginnings gave me chills.

But fucking Shenmue III out of nowhere blew my mind. I sat up. The impossible just became real. God. Damn.

jett

D-Member
Kinda sad Sony put Yu Suzuki on stage just to make him grovel and panhandle to a worldwide audience instead of funding the thing LOL.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
x2KixYX.jpg

Now your turn.

That video on the Kickstarter shows new voices for the characters. Let's hope that that isn't Ryo's final voice, its worse than Shenmue I :p

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
They are going to build a Shenmue game with 2 million?

Of course not the kickstarter is to gauge potential market interesting, if it's successful either Sony or Sega will put down more money. Of course i could be wrong but 2 million doesn't fund anything more than a pretty shenmue adventure game.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Shenmue 3?

Is this real? Kickstarter is kind of lame, but I will take what I can get. Down for 175 I think.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The Kickstarters only for 2 mill.

Sony is definitely fronting some of the money.

Yeah, definitely. The Kickstarter is just being used the way Chris Roberts originally was going to use it: Proof that there's demand so he can go back to investors and secure enough money.

Once this raises $2 million (and surely more), Sony will agree to put up the rest of the cash.

I said we will not see Shenmue 3 at E3, I was wrong, but at the same time the game only needs 2 million to be made and nobody funded it? Really disappointing, and I don't think the game will be made the way fans expect it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom