• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sheriff David A. Clarke, a strong candidate for Sec. of Homeland Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is David Clarke?

Meet Sheriff David A. Clarke, better known as the "People's Sheriff." He's a registered Democrat but you wouldnt know it by the way he talks. Hes praised in conservative circles for his unabashedly hostile views on BLM, Islam, and progressive politics.

pic_giant_042715_SM_David-Clarke.jpg

Here's a collection of some of Sheriff Clarke's greatest hits.
On domestic terrorism:
"I suggest that our commander in chief ought to utilize Article I, Section 9 and take all of these individuals that are suspected, these ones on the internet spewing jihadi rhetoric…to scoop them up, charge them with treason and, under habeas corpus, detain them indefinitely at Gitmo,"
"We have no idea how many people out there have pledged allegiance or are supporting ISIS, giving aid and comfort, but I would suggest hundreds of thousands, I would suggest maybe a million," Clarke said. "It's just a guess. And then you take the known terrorists that are here, and you think we're going to arrest all these people and put them in jails and then sentence them to prison? It's idiotic. [Take them to] Gitmo and hold them indefinitely under a suspension of habeas corpus. We're at war. This is a time of war. Bold and aggressive action is needed."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/11/sheriff-clarke-trump-terrorists-guantanamo-bay

On Black Lives Matter:

The violence and hate-filled messages pouring out of Black Lives Matter seek [a] kind of bloody resolution, or revolution, though they cannot admit it in polite society. Even as celebrities clamor over themselves to demonstrate their fealty to the hate group, they align themselves with one of the most destructive groups to the well-being and justice for black Americans that exist today.....
White America needs to be brave, they need to stand up against this latest attack on the Black community by the likes of Black Lives Matter – to be unafraid to face the condemnation of the powerful but morally reprehensible liberal elites and mainstream media pushing these lies. Stand by the side of law enforcement, the men and women who are often the only semblance of hope and justice in the crime-ridden inner cities.
It's time to stand up to Black Lives Matter

On racism & policing:

"First off, there is no police brutality in America. We ended that back in the '60s," Clarke told co-host Brian Kilmeade earlier this week. He continued, "There's a new Harvard study out that shows that there is no racism in the hearts of police officers. They go about their daily duty, if you will, to keep communities safe."

Sheriff David Clarke says police brutality and racism have ended

On Black American poverty:
"Let me tell you why blacks sell drugs and involve themselves in criminal behavior instead of a more socially acceptable lifestyle — because they're uneducated, they're lazy, and they're morally bankrupt," Clarke said. "That's why."

What about the jail the People's Sheriff runs in Milwaukee County?

Milwaukee County Jail...has seen four deaths since April under [Clarke's] watch, and about which the sheriff and the sheriff’s office have been shamefully silent. Not even the families of those who died have been told much about what happened......
The Sheriff’s Office has not publicly released any information about what factors contributed to the deaths of Kristina Fiebrink and Michael Madden. Their family members told the Journal Sentinel they have held funerals and grieved for weeks while knowing few details about why their loved ones died. The others who died were Terrill Thomas, a 38-year-old inmate who died of profound dehyrdation, and a baby who died after an inmate gave birth unnoticed in her cell.
Editorial: Conduct outside investigation into jail deaths

RPGCrazied

Yuck. This guy was calling for marital law on the Trump protestors and calling for a curfew and asking for the national guard to interfere.

Please tell me this has to go through congress.

Blader

Probably the most dangerous cabinet choice named alongside Giuliani, Bolton, and Sessions.

No police brutality in America, Jesus Christ... even police officers admit there are bad police offers out there!

Yuck. This guy was calling for marital law on the Trump protestors and calling for a curfew and asking for the national guard to interfere.

Please tell me this has to go through congress.

It's a position that has to be confirmed by the Senate, but again, Republicans control the Senate and are total cowards, so they will no doubt rubber stamp any cabinet nominee Trump puts through.

Maybe Rand Paul might take a stand on a guy like Clarke, but who knows.

White America needs to be brave, they need to stand up against this latest attack on the Black community by the likes of Black Lives Matter – to be unafraid to face the condemnation of the powerful but morally reprehensible liberal elites and mainstream media pushing these lies.
This dude is legit scary.

RPGCrazied

Probably the most dangerous cabinet choice named alongside Giuliani, Bolton, and Sessions.

No police brutality in America, Jesus Christ... even police officers admit there are bad police offers out there!

It's a position that has to be confirmed by the Senate, but again, Republicans control the Senate and are total cowards, so they will no doubt rubber stamp any cabinet nominee Trump puts through.

Maybe Rand Paul might take a stand on a guy like Clarke, but who knows.

There are quite a few Never Trumpers in the senate, which I'm hoping blocks most of his crazier picks like this guy.

zethren

Banned
So once again we just have Trump pulling everyone from Fox News/who is within arm's reach of himself.

The others who died were Terrill Thomas, a 38-year-old inmate who died of profound dehyrdation, and a baby who died after an inmate gave birth unnoticed in her cell.

What the fuck.

I knew this guy was an idiot, but I never knew this.

robochimp

This dude is legit scary.

That garbage was all just part of his audition monologue. He was a sherif with jurisdiction over a jail and county parks. He's never actually had to do anything in a position of power, the realities of which are going to catch up with him really quickly.

Akainu

I believe some people got after me for using coon to describe kanye, I take that back. But this man right here is straight coonery at it's finest. This is uncle ruckus played painful straight. Such a shit this man is.

I believe some people got after me for using coon to describe kanye, I take that back. But this man right here is straight coonery at it's finest. This is uncle ruckus played painful straight. Stuck a shit this man is.

A white supremacist cabinet with the token minorities sprinkled in makes this the complete nightmare

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This dude is one of the legit scariest people Trump could nominate. I fear for what kind of crazy shit he would try an enact.

TheFuzz

All these comments and no one asks the OP for a source on him being a "strong" candidate?

Just jump straight into commentary on Trumps appointments as if this guy has the job.

This dude is one of the legit scariest people Trump could nominate. I fear for what kind of crazy shit he would try an enact.
He seems to have serious anger management problems. The man seems to walk around with barely controlled rage & when he speaks its like he's almost choking with rage.

I never want a black person to experience that 100% all concentrate no preservatives added type of racism that scars your soul...but I really want this dude to experience it. Like nothing physical, just enough of an experience for him to realize...he still just a black guy when all is said and done.

NastyBook

I never want a black person to experience that 100% all concentrate no preservatives added type of racism that scars your soul...but I really want this dude to experience it. Like nothing physical, just enough of an experience for him to realize...he still just a black guy when all is said and done.
The experience should leave him in tears in front of his oppressors, as well. Really bring home that "you ain't shit, boy" narrative.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
The guy sounds like a legit lunatic.

He'll fit right into a Trump administration.

Jesus fucking christ this election. Fuck everyone who sat it out because "they're both the same".

commedieu

Banned

he'd likely insult himself to join in. Leaving his tormentors utterly confused.

Acosta

Black and democrat, a sign of the will of President Trump to unify the country and work with everyone. Aren't you happy?

We just need Giuliani a SoS and Skeletor as Secretary of Defense.

ChouGoku

Lool Coon Clarke, the man who defended a white supremacist by saying he refers to himself as "boy" and said its torches and pitchfork time. This guy surely will handle internal and external problems with level headedness

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'm sorry America... but I am fine with this. The further from my city/county this man is the better my immediate life will be.

Good fucking riddance fuckstick.

Again, sorry rest of america.

Thank God, that guy will finally be out of Milwaukee.

Seriously. This guy is a piece of shit and has done nothing but divide my city even further than it already is. Get him the fuck out for good.
yeah.. I mean I hate to think of the damage he'll do as DHS head, but I'd imagine it will be less damage to America then this fucking moron has enacted directly on the people of Milwaukee county. Fuck him.

FWIW, a number of sheriff deputies that I am friends with personally reacted with "good riddance". No one wants him here... yet he runs as democrat every election and people just blindly vote party down the ballot.. I honestly don't even understand how the WI Democrat committee allows him to run as democrat.

Madness

Alright, America. I'm done. I want off.

Trump is a genius. It wasn't Make America Great Again. But Make America So Shitty that no one but white Americans and poor African-Americans stuck here stay in the country. Why need a border wall when Latin Americans would rather choose not to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom