• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shiina Ringo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikeme

'Honnou' is brilliant. I don't like many other songs though. Maybe I've listened to the wrong ones. Does she sing/scream in that hot/aggressive way in any other songs? I don't like her when she's being meek or when the music overshadows her voice. I don't 'feel' her slow songs at all. Background stuff. Scream bitch!

ilikeme said:
'Honnou' is brilliant. I don't like many other songs though. Maybe I've listened to the wrong ones. Does she sing/scream in that hot/aggressive way in any other songs? I don't like her when she's being meek or when the music overshadows her voice. I don't 'feel' her slow songs at all. Background stuff. Scream bitch!

You might try Tsumi To Batsu.

I've already stated my favorites in an earlier post, but learning to play Toki ga Bousou Suru has just made me love the song even more. Anyone else get the book of sheet music that came out last year?

I find it kind of curious that most of the talk in this thread, and in other j-pop/rock threads, is of songs rather than albums. Western music discussion (here and elsewhere) tends to be the other way around.

Anyways, Shoso Strip was the shit for me when I discovered it last year. She's pretty much the only non-noise/hc Japanese artist that I can stand.

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
clockradiospeakers said:
I find it kind of curious that most of the talk in this thread, and in other j-pop/rock threads, is of songs rather than albums. Western music discussion (here and elsewhere) tends to be the other way around.

Probably because most Japanese music is released as singles / mini albums. It's not unheard of for a band to have 5 or 6 singles / minis before they have their first proper full length album.

Ferrio said:
ino1024.jpg
Mind Blown.

Scribble

The new single is out, guys. Listen to the B-Side. It's great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NokqYzmG1Xo

clockradiospeakers said:

That's not the case with SR -- if we're talking about her Western fanbase, that is. People usually refer to her albums, Muzai Moratorium, Shouso Strip and Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana -- especially since they all showcase different styles.

ilikeme said:

Try Morphine and Onaji Yoru. You could have been listening to the wrong ones, because she has so many different kinds of slow songs. Jazzy slow songs, J-Poppy slow songs, 'crazy' slow songs, etc. For the aggressive mad singing, try these songs:

1. Tsumi to Batsu
2. Koufukuron (album version)
3. Identity
4. OSCA

Bah, just listen to Shouso Strip.

I advise people to listen to her albums instead of random tracks. And listen to them in order MM -SS - KZK. Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana is her magnum opus but is kinda avant garde, and probably won't have much instant appeal as Shouso Strip. It's also not as in your face as her earlier two albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom