• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

antitrop

Can Someone The Evil Within my Avatar too Please?

AGyx3vO.png

ilMikhail

Can wait for this gameee ¡¡ pre ordered for xbone ¡¡¡

Please somebody can change my Avatar with The Evil Within style, thanks

Sadly I already bought the game on GMG for $37 so I can't get that deal.

This is my first game at launch for GMG, when do they typically give you the Steam key?

th4tguy

Any news on when reviews drop? I'm waiting to get either this or Alien as my horror game for Oct. Hoping to get the 15$ back via the psn promotion and the discounted ps+ price for the game.

xezuru

Luminaire

Not sure if DLC will be any good.

Play two story-driven add-ons as Juli Kidman, Sebastian's mysterious partner

Encounter unthinkable enemies and new areas that reveal hidden motives and harrowing evil

A third add-on puts you in control of The Keeper (aka Boxman) in a fun collection of mission-based maps

Sounds good to me, depending on how long the add-ons are.

AsfaeksBR

Is the Juli DLC a story or just waves of enemies that you have to survive?
I have no idea what comes in the Season Pass

____Edit___

Trulyworth answered my question before I asked.
Yeah, the Season Pass looks like a good deal. But I won't bite before finishing the main story

komplanen

I'm excited for this game because of how long it's been (and how little overall) I've last played a survival horror game but I have this odd feeling the game might be reviewed poorly by gamers and journalists alike. Call it a bad feeling without any foothold in reality but it still won't go away.

Czigga

Wait there's no limited/collector's edition available in the US? Wtf kind of heresy is this.

Great OT btw nice work

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So more details from a user who is playing the PS3 version of the game.

Player says Chapter 6 is quite a bit longer than the previous 5 chapters. Currently their playtime is a little over 6 hours. Suspects the game may be 12-15 hours long but will keep up updated.

They really like it so far, says the game is getting better and better as it goes along and keeps on introducing new things. It started off pretty easy, but says where they are it's getting more challenging. Says it's not too hard yet though, wishes hard difficulty was unlocked from the start.

Player says atmosphere wise and art direction wise the game is much better than RE4, and much more natural and serious than all the past RE games. There is some "cheekiness" he isn't big on, but it doesn't disrupt the flow of things. Says the game is avoiding hollywood action stuff like RE4, except one section in chapter 2 so far.

Says the game is very high quality, and will say if it keeps it up or not.

I also regret reading this slightly, but some enemies that haven't been shown before at all he mentioned that are in the first 6 chapters of the game:

-Some enemies that were connected to a machine through some tubes that you were trapped in a room with, would have to shoot off their tub life support, as even if you destroyed their head or burned them they would keep on coming back to life until the tubes were removed from them.
-Fought two giant enemies that were twice as tall as Sebastian with maces.
-The regular Haunted have been replaced in the newest chapter with cult-type Haunted who are tougher and creepier.
-There are some kamikazee Haunted who rush you with explosives.

Dusk Golem

what difficulty is he playing at?

He said Survival earlier. The game has two difficulty levels unlocked at the start, Casual & Survival. There are two harder difficulty levels than that, but they're unlockable. Nightmare & Akumu. Nightmare is the 'hard' difficulty, Akumu is supposed to be for players who want a real challenge, and been hinted it may change the game in some major ways to make it harder and Mikami says he wants beating it to be a bragging right.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So more details from a user who is playing the PS3 version of the game.

Player says Chapter 6 is quite a bit longer than the previous 5 chapters. Currently their playtime is a little over 6 hours. Suspects the game may be 12-15 hours long but will keep up updated.

They really like it so far, says the game is getting better and better as it goes along and keeps on introducing new things. It started off pretty easy, but says where they are it's getting more challenging. Says it's not too hard yet though, wishes hard difficulty was unlocked from the start.

Player says atmosphere wise and art direction wise the game is much better than RE4, and much more natural and serious than all the past RE games. There is some "cheekiness" he isn't big on, but it doesn't disrupt the flow of things. Says the game is avoiding hollywood action stuff like RE4, except one section in chapter 2 so far.

Says the game is very high quality, and will say if it keeps it up or not.

I also regret reading this slightly, but some enemies that haven't been shown before at all he mentioned that are in the first 6 chapters of the game:

-Some enemies that were connected to a machine through some tubes that you were trapped in a room with, would have to shoot off their tub life support, as even if you destroyed their head or burned them they would keep on coming back to life until the tubes were removed from them.
-The regular Haunted have been replaced in the newest chapter with cult-type Haunted who are tougher and creepier.

Has he mentioned load times? I'm more interested in that info for PS4, but I'll take anything.

Thanks for the info! Yeah there is already a trophy/achievement for that, so i suspect it's related to that and it's a boss?

Dusk Golem

Exact time on the clock after beating Chapter 6 is 6:06:27 for the player. Chapter 6 for him was about two hours long since he had 4 hours on the clock after completing chapter 5.

Thanks for the info! Yeah there is already a trophy/achievement for that, so i suspect it's related to that and it's a boss?

Yup, apparently the game has a lot of boss/mini-boss encounters. or sections where you meet a boss monster and you can either run or flee.

So far, from what he's said for bosses in the first 6 acts:

-He's encountered The Sadist (chainsaw guy) three times, once at the very beginning, he's the first mini-boss later in the village, and he encountered him again recently.
-He's encountered Laura once when he had to beat her to progress. Other times with her has been fight or flee.
-He's encountered the two giant mace guys.
-He's met the giant dog, but he suspects he'll have to fight her later. She was taking a lot of crossbows and wouldn't die so he evaded her and got away.

Though I won't be reading anymore of the enemy spoilers, I will keep up to date with the impression going.

komplanen

So PC is still unknown as far as 60 fps?

Most people have fallen into the mindset of "if it was 60fps, they would have said it by now". I kinda gree. With all the questions thrown at them and all the discussions on forums it's pretty unlikely they would keep their mouths shut unless they were afraid to say the truth.

Also CBOAT "confirmed" it's locked 30fps so take that as you will.

Dusk Golem

What's the word on loading times in the current gen version?

That we will have to see as we get more impressions. Next-Gen version should be in the wild now though as there are at least two shops in Europe who are selling the game early.

Top Bottom