• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

DukeBobby

Abyss is done

Done. I am done guys. It took around 15:55 or something like that. Need to sleep now. After I wake up I have really nice surprises to people who are curious. Huge surprises.

Xg8sTod.gif

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
what does that even mean yo

probably a good twist I assume he said I think it was around ch 7 or 9 I believe where things really picked up and surprised him, he said it was some mindfuck stuff, cant wait to see what it is when i play

fart town usa

Gold Member
so, RE3 is bad?)

Not at all.

Played through it a few months back. Still holds up. Added quite a number of features and items that were never seen in other classic RE titles.

Also, I feel like Nemesis perfected the blending of action and survival horror, it's definitely better than Code: Veronica, which was a step back in gameplay and design IMO.

So yeah, now that the PS360 versions have leaked, be careful out there as spoilers can and will be randomly popping up any and everywhere.

But I'm sure people will be posting their own reviews as they're not part of any embargo.

20 seconds to reload after dying in the same room he started in is "great"?

Please.

The load screens look pretty cool, at least.

What video did you watch?! Granted I only saw bits of it (the video is dead now by the way X_X) but when a death happened it took 12 seconds to load.

That's exactly in line with what Slasher has said, and considering at one point the loading times were 40 seconds, 12 seconds is completely acceptable.

So here is an example of the intro and outro of my walkthrough videos. It's going to be a pain in the ass to put every annotation at the start and end of the videos but it will help people navigate through the series. Unless others think only a one time at the start is necessary? Face cam will disappear throughout most the episodes, but will fade in and out at moments of interest. Then outro video and face came will return for end of videos. Commentary is kept at sane levels and no cracking jokes, being youtube stupid every five seconds either.

MBCXQlI.png

Not at all.

Played through it a few months back. Still holds up. Added quite a number of features and items that were never seen in other classic RE titles.

Also, I feel like Nemesis perfected the blending of action and survival horror, it's definitely better than Code: Veronica, which was definitely a step back in gameplay and design IMO.

I played RE 1 - 3 2 / 3 years ago and Code veronica two months or so ago. Really enjoyed them alot, as well as Code Veronica, particularly the second half. I felt that they put a unique take at backtracking especially since at the time we haven't had anything quite like it.
When playing as Chris, i loved how you went through familiar environments yet they felt new at the same time, as well as reaching places you didn't do so when playing as Claire. Not only that but because of the explosion, the environment changed abit. It was interesting because at the time we never had such a drastic character change especially in the middle of the game, certainly gave the game a much bigger scope, imo. Gave it the feeling of we are far from done yet.
It is also by no means an easy game, which is good.

For me though, the most disappointing thing about CV: X were the boss battles but aside from that, it's a fantastic game and it proved that Capcom could make a 3D RE game that is still within the roots of the series. Also, the story was crazy as shit but I loved it.

Lucent

So here is an example of the intro and outro of my walkthrough videos. It's going to be a pain in the ass to put every annotation at the start and end of the videos but it will help people navigate through the series. Unless others think only a one time at the start is necessary? Face cam will disappear throughout most the episodes, but will fade in and out at moments of interest. Then outro video and face came will return for end of videos. Commentary is kept at sane levels and no cracking jokes, being youtube stupid every five seconds either.

MBCXQlI.png

Not gonna be watching this (cuz I'll be playing it myself), but looking cool.

But what are you meaning by using annotations to help people navigate? Like getting from one chapter to the next or previous? I usually see people use annotations for previous and next episodes and throw them all in a playlist that plays in order.

-MD-

They changed it? What is it like now?

The camera is tighter when you're aiming and only shows your hand/gun rather than your whole character.

MBCXQlI.png

I too won't be checking this out right away but a week or two after launch I'll watch it.

Not gonna be watching this (cuz I'll be playing it myself), but looking cool.

But what are you meaning by using annotations to help people navigate? Like getting from one chapter to the next or previous? I usually see people use annotations for previous and next episodes and throw them all in a playlist that plays in order.

See all those chapter numbers at the top? They will all be clickable with links to the video for said chapter. Screw breaking down chapters I say.

Does this game play in a 2.35:1 aspect ratio? That could be a deal-killer for me... I don't want to play a game that doesn't fill my tv screen.

Lucent

See all those chapter numbers at the top? They will all be clickable with links to the video for said chapter. Screw breaking down chapters I say.

Yeah I thought so. I think that might be too much work. Why would someone want to jump from Chapter 1 to Chapter 15 or anything like that? =P

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GIF pros, find me that gif of the zombie getting her head blown off in half and still running towards the dude, and I shall give you an imaginary chocolate chip cookie

Yeah I thought so. I think that might be too much work. Why would someone want to jump from Chapter 1 to Chapter 15 or anything like that? =P

It's more about people clicking perhaps on one chapter for help and easily navigating to another one. Not skipping like that persay. I might just remove the selection from the end portion and leave it at the start in future videos I create. Debating still.

antitrop

That's.....worrying..

For anyone that might know, if I pre-order this on Bestbuy and use a few gift certificates, do I get those back if I decide to cancel it?
Eh, Wolfenstein had the same embargo and it's my GOTY.

It means nothing, to me. That's just the way Bethesda does business, I don't think it necessarily reflects lack of confidence in their products.

antitrop

Is this the PS4 version? Looks much nicer than previously. Haven't seen the motion blur before. Been a while since I watched anything since I wanted to go in fresh.
That was from the very recent Adam Sessler interviews, which is the final build, I believe. PS4 probably. I dunno.

Top Bottom