• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
No English voices, no English subtitles.
But wait have you bought the Austria version?
PEGI?
No, I bought the French version from Amazon.fr on PS4.

for all the drama queens in here, lol
It's not funny. The European version does not contain any languages I can use. I can speak French but not well enough to play this game and enjoy it. It would be ruined for me. That's bullshit as there isn't a single other PS4 game available at retail that doesn't support English.

-MD-

It's not funny. The European version does not contain any languages I can use. I can speak French but not well enough to play this game and enjoy it. It would be ruined for me. That's bullshit as there isn't a single other PS4 game available at retail that doesn't support English.

He's not mocking that problem, language issues are an actual reason to be concerned.

I just found out that the game is called Psycho Break in Japan.

Total deal breaker

Pre-order cancelled.

I mean, if they're changing the name of the game, who knows what else the team decided to change last minute.

;), for all the drama queens in here, lol

I would have preferred Psycho break tbh. I am one of those guys that thinks Biohazard makes more sense than Resident Evil!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I keep on secretly hoping with the game shipping early to so many people who ordered that Bethesda may release the game on Steam early.

I know it's not going to happen, but gaaaah these next four days are going to be terrible.

antitrop

No one is trying to make light of the language issue, that's pretty fucked up from Bethesda. A bit different from a minor camera tweak.

-MD-

I would have preferred Psycho break tbh. I am one of those guys that thinks Biohazard makes more sense than Resident Evil!

I prefer both Resident Evil and The Evil Within myself.

Though if I had my way I'd drop the "the" and just call it Evil Within.

dark10x

Okay, but as far I am informed, it has the PEGI logo, and it has only 4 languages on it.
Not even the PS4 version has English in Europe.
Afaik you have to order it from UK to get English definitely.
That's what I thought. So I have to return this copy, wait, and then pay whole lot more fucking money to get an English copy.

Won't do it. Not supporting it.

I'll wait until Christmas and buy it used in the US. Not supporting these practices.

That's what I thought. So I have to return this copy, wait, and then pay whole lot more fucking money to get an English copy.

Won't do it. Not supporting it.

I'll wait until Christmas and buy it used in the US. Not supporting these practices.

I feel you man, never thought this shit would come up...I wouldn't support this policy either.

Jingo

Two quick things from the guy on PS3 who's finished the game;

In New Game+, there is a chapter select.

Akumu Difficulty description reveals one of the reasons why the difficulty is so difficult.... In Akumu difficulty, one hit from anything will kill you.

In other words, welcome to the 80´s and 90´s gaming.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Mikami said even in regard to Resident Evil, he finds that name totally dumb.
I like the name Biohazard more too as well.

Steam has Residen Evil / BioHazard as the Library title, which is nice. I like saying BioHazard. I think if you say it-you'll know who truly understands the games. Most people who've played quite a few REs know it's BioHazard elsewhere.

That's because Resident Evil doesn't make sense to begin with. I get what it means, but it's grammatically fucked.

Well Resident Evil can only be applied to RE1 because it is in an mansion, gets more difficult to make sense when you look at RE2 or RE3, no mansion anymore.

@North
Yeah I know I have RE4 on steam, they use both names because you can play it also in Japanese.

Dusk Golem

Steam has Residen Evil / BioHazard as the Library title, which is nice.

It's a nice touch, I agree. Though Resident Evil 4 bothers me. Mainly because it's all lower-cased.

resident evil 4 / biohazard 4

I understand the title screen of Resident Evil 4 is lower-cased, but who at Capcom thought that was a good idea? Especially as every other RE game is capitalized.

It's a minor thing, but yai.

Bastos

Well Resident Evil can only be applied to RE1 because it is in an mansion, gets more difficult to make sense when you look at RE2 or RE3, no mansion anymore.

@North
Yeah I know I have RE4 on steam, they use both names because you can play it also in Japanese.
I always thought that "Resident" was about the "Evil" that resides within the zombies, the T-Virus in this case. =/

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's a nice touch, I agree. Though Resident Evil 4 bothers me. Mainly because it's all lower-cased.

resident evil 4 / biohazard 4

I understand the title screen of Resident Evil 4 is lower-cased, but who at Capcom thought that was a good idea? Especially as every other RE game is capitalized.

That's a good question. I think maybe because it's generally speaking a classic game and they just lower cased it making it unique for the fans. It's a cool thing.

dark10x

I feel you man, never thought this shit would come up...I wouldn't support this policy either.
I just wish I had found out for certain earlier so I could have cancelled the game. Now I have to deal Amazon France to return the damn thing and I won't be able to enjoy the game as I had hoped.

antitrop

Can I get evil within avatar too? Mac was a former American sailor.

WFNYnnL.png

Dusk Golem

Also while I like the name Resident Evil, it is silly, especially with games like Resident Evil 6 that take place globally.

I've thought it was humorous the RE has basically been globe trotting since Code Veronica, and yet it's still called Resident Evil. Not bad, but humorous.

Any german GAFfers here? Is the german voice cast already known? If they don't feature any high profile voice actors I'm going to play it with english audio.

I just wish I had found out for certain earlier so I could have cancelled the game. Now I have to deal Amazon France to return the damn thing and I won't be able to enjoy the game as I had hoped.

Damn, that sounds like trouble :/, and yeah I knew something was fishy about all that, but why with this game especially...seems like a curse for a decent game...

-MD-

What about the puzzles? Does this game has any besides that brain operation thing?

Yes the game has more than 1 puzzle. I think there were 2 or 3 just in the demo footage alone. They also scale with difficulty settings.

dark10x

Couldn't you just buy the PC version?
Well, yes, but this is a game I *REALLY* wanted to own physically on a console. I don't want a digital copy for PS4 or the PC. I know, it seems like a ridiculous stance but that's how it is.

I'm not going to turn around and give them money again after this shit anyways.

Dusk Golem

What about the puzzles? Does this game has any besides that brain operation thing?

Game has several puzzles, and the puzzles difficulty are scaled to gameplay difficulty, but on normal difficulty the PS3 player said none of the puzzles were too challenging.

dark10x

He's more angry about that he has pre ordered it and it doesn't have English content at all.

If he had known before he would have bought it for PC or imported it right away from the UK.
Looks like it would cost me basically $30 USD extra to buy it from the UK. Nope.

fart town usa

Gold Member
No, I bought the French version from Amazon.fr on PS4.

Oh come on, of course I didn't direct it at that, that is a deal breaker.

I mostly meant people who are seemingly coming up with anything to nitpick about, camera changes, auto aim on easy mode, the aspect ratio, etc. I mean, let's play the game at least for a bit before we jump to such drastic conclusions.

The lack of english dialogue truly makes no sense and I feel for my euro brethren.

Well, yes, but this is a game I *REALLY* wanted to own physically on a console. I don't want a digital copy for PS4 or the PC. I know, it seems like a ridiculous stance but that's how it is.

I'm not going to turn around and give them money again after this shit anyways.
I can respect that stance. I enjoy my physical boxes too and will be sure to rebuy this once I get a PS4 or X1. Bethesda really dropped the PR ball on this game. I guess for future reference, Bethesda only gives language options for PC players :/
He's more angry about that he has pre ordered it and it doesn't have English content at all.

If he had known before he would have bought it for PC or imported it right away from the UK.

Fucking Bethesda.

eshwaaz

Yes the game has more than 1 puzzle. I think there were 2 or 3 just in the demo footage alone. They also scale with difficulty settings.
Ugh. I wish the puzzles had a separate difficulty setting. I'll likely play on easy, but I don't want the puzzles gimped.

Top Bottom