• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking Gaming Confessions: The thread

shuri

Banned
Last night, it was pretty late. I tried Kameo and.. I liked it. A lot. I played for like a hour, and I was taken by the fun gameplay mechanics and awesome music. today I might go buy it.

:(

So what are your deep, disturbing secrets?

You bastard!

I bought DOAX the day it came out through a trade-in deal at Gamestop...

I'm redeemed, though, as I returned it two days later and got Ghost Recon for Xbox instead. :D

womp

Back in the day as a teen the Bob-omb explosions in the original SMB2 for NES would make me nauseated. As soon as the screen would flash/flicker from their explosion I would feel sick and would have to anticipate when to close my eyes at the time they would go off. It was freaky stuff.

Thank goodness the DS has that health warning screen for people like myself.

Thank you Nintendo for not making another game that did that...Oh wait...Zelda II's death scene did it too. :(

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I think Kenetica is a great game....

And I'm enjoying SOCOM 3 more then SOCOM 1 and 2.

hanks.jpg

"Secrets"

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
when DMC2 launched I loved it. to this date, that is my only fan-boy moment. :(

I sold it off cus I couldn't live with the shame.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I got a review copy of Enter The Matrix yet I bought a retail one because I wanted it with a pretty box and its manual.

Try to surpass that.

I also happen to think that Metroid Prime is the best game ever made.

As such, I am highly anticipating the launch of Wii and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

--

I actually think, at this point, that even the single-player campaign of Chromehounds is great. Haven't tried Multiplayer yet.

womp

Forceatowulf said:
whoa, I didn't even know people were eligible to post on this forum until they've played it.

Get it ASAP.

I'm on the tenth colossus myself and the camera/bow&arrow/aiming from behind while riding the horse combo is really pissing me off. I don't care what everyone says, its a beautiful game but the camera is just terrible. I hold the colossus camera lock and the damn thing aims to the ground. :p

TheMan

I've played literally hundreds of games, but I've probably beaten less that 20. I guess i just get bored or frustrated and move on.

Also, I dont' like SMT:Nocturne - the lack of focus on the story combined with npc's who say very little make this game a snoozefest for me.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
womp said:
I'm on the tenth colossus myself and the camera/bow&arrow/aiming from behind while riding the horse combo is really pissing me off. I don't care what everyone says, its a beautiful game but the camera is just terrible. I hold the colossus camera lock and the damn thing aims to the ground. :p
The camera can be a bitch at times. But if you know how to control it well it's not a problem. It took me an hour to get the horse riding down to a T and I gradually adpated to the camera and how it worked through out the course of the game.

If I were you I'd also tinker with the camera control options in the menu. It may make things a bit easier.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
TheMan said:
I've played literally hundreds of games, but I've probably beaten less that 20. I guess i just get bored or frustrated and move on.

Me too :(

I can only think of 30/25 games I've beaten...

womp

Forceatowulf said:
The camera can be a bitch at times. But if you know how to control it well it's not a problem. It took me an hour to get the horse riding down to a T and I gradually adpated to the camera and how it worked through out the course of the game.

If I were you I'd also tinker with the camera control options in the menu. It may make things a bit easier.

Oh trust me, I have...I'm one of those freaks of nature that the first thing done when I get a new game is to make sure the camera (In games that have them) are on "Inverted" mode. My brother thinks I am nuts but I can't play it otherwise.

I blame my flight sim days on the C64 and TIE Fighter on the PC. :)

I got a review copy of Enter The Matrix yet I bought a retail one because I wanted it with a pretty box and its manual.

Try to surpass that.

I can beat that........

I actually
ENJOYED
Enter the Matrix.

Now top THAT! :lol

Zapages

I don't own Xbox, Gamecube, PS2... But I still have my Dreamcast which I got for 50 bucks with Marvel vs Capcom 2(which I think sucks) and Shenmue 1(which I haven't played).

OatmealMu

I have a bad habit of getting stuck on a game's final boss, calling it quits for the night, and never picking up the game again. If i get stuck earlier in the game, I'll persevere. But when the final boss is involved... Meh. I don't know why I do it. I just do.

OatmealMu said:
I have a bad habit of getting stuck on a game's final boss, calling it quits for the night, and never picking up the game again. If i get stuck earlier in the game, I'll persevere. But when the final boss is involved... Meh. I don't know why I do it. I just do.

Yeah, I have a habit of getting up the final dungeon in an RPG and then quitting, since there's nothing left to explore :p

Also, I liked FF Tactics a lot more than Tactics Ogre :| ... although IMO I like to think that one's at least sorta defensible.

Greenpanda said:
Also, I liked FF Tactics a lot more than Tactics Ogre :| ... although IMO I like to think that one's at least sorta defensible.

I liked Vandal Hearts better than both of them, actually.

This is more of a shocking gaming-related confession (and certainly a disturbing one), but, um...... I once dreamt I had sex with a video game character. And it was
Hamm from Bust A Move/Groove.

Yep.

CheapyD

The only Final Fantasy game I've ever played is FFX.

I played all the way through, got to the final boss battle and couldn't beat him, no matter what I did...so I used an Action Replay.

Variable

- I can't for the life of me beat the last boss in Metroid Prime.

- I can not rocket jump to the last boss in Super Mario Sunshine.

- I've only finished Ace Combat 4 on very easy mode.

I've never beat Final Fantasy IX..

And Final Fantasy is literally the backbone of my gaming hobby. It's a tradition and my most beloves series.

I think I rushed the last few hours too much and died on the final boss. I had been rushing because I wanted to concentrate on Diablo II, and I never bothered leveling-up to try beat the game.

That file was erased, though I have no idea, and I've never made it that far in the game again. I've tried numerous times. I love the landscaping and terrain of the game; it's very beautiful. I love Vivi as well. Yet I still get immensely bored with the plot and I always give up.

If I still had my end-game FF IX file, I know I'd of beat it long ago. But I just don't have the interest to force myself through the entire game again. I wish I did...

I have never played a single Zelda game (well played OoT on emulator but the controls sucked)
Before buying a PSX in 1998 I owned NES and basically skipped SNES and all Sega consoles.

Animal

Banned
I pre-ordered The Bouncer and payed it 93$ canadian tax in the day it came out.

I've played mayby 45min (cumulative) of any Resdient Evil game. I just dont like them.
I've never finished an FF game. I usually quit for all kinds of reasons just before the end boss (usually cauz my characters arn't developped enough and i hate the grind).
Deep down inside, the little gamer in me is a sonybot. I am doing a good job of keeping him in control.

more to come for sure...

genjiZERO

When Doom first came out I thought it was boring and rubbishy. I still do.

Edit: I feel the same way about all the Zelda games past Ocarina, but I loved Minish Cap!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i bought dragon quest viii just because it came in a cardboard box that looked cool ($10).
i think console gaming is superior in almost every way to pc gaming.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
womp said:
Oh trust me, I have...I'm one of those freaks of nature that the first thing done when I get a new game is to make sure the camera (In games that have them) are on "Inverted" mode. My brother thinks I am nuts but I can't play it otherwise.
lol I am the exact same way. :D

Animal said:
I pre-ordered The Bouncer and payed it 93$ canadian tax in the day it came out.
OUCH!

Azazela

Banned
I bought an XBox for 460 euros at launch to play Jet Set Radio Future... Don't know how much of a confession that is.

I also bought Halo and didn't like it :lol

Top Bottom