• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shop With GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Say, that's a spiffy, yellow link you guys have got up there next to the "Search" button (which I used, by the way, so feh.)

So what's the story behind the new "Shop With GAF" button? I know that plans were in the works to get some kind of affiliate program running so GA can get a small cut of whatever I buy at Amazon, and that's groovy.

But does this mean it's live now? Will my near-future purchase of the collector's edition of Amazon Women on the Mo^H^H^H^H^H Sealab 2021, Season 2 contribute to GAF?

goodcow

Yes, they'll get up to 12% depending on volume of sales/link type. I bought a cow pillow with the link!

xsarien

daedsiluap
goodcow said:
Yes, they'll get up to 12% depending on volume of sales/link type. I bought a cow pillow with the link!

That's...a mighty big slice. I've noticed that the price isn't any different from a normal search directly through Amazon, so I'm guessing they make up for the loss on either shipping or the fact that they're getting free advertising on affiliate sites?

(I apologize for the questions, apparently I missed the memo on this one.)

Azih

xsarien said:
That's...a mighty big slice. I've noticed that the price isn't any different from a normal search directly through Amazon, so I'm guessing they make up for the loss on either shipping or the fact that they're getting free advertising on affiliate sites?

(I apologize for the questions, apparently I missed the memo on this one.)

It's a comission thing, Amazon makes less money because some of the cash is diverted to GAF. But Amazon is happy nonetheless because GAF is sending a whole lot of business their way.

Edit: Plus I think the volume of sales needed to get 12% is really really high.

calder

Was anyone else disappointed that when you click on the "Shop with GAF" link it doesn't take you to an Amazon search page filled with pop-up windows deriding your purchasing habits and taste? To me, that was a given.

goodcow

Azih said:
It's a comission thing, Amazon makes less money because some of the cash is diverted to GAF. But Amazon is happy nonetheless because GAF is sending a whole lot of business their way.

Edit: Plus I think the volume of sales needed to get 12% is really really high.

Without logging into my affiliate program to double check, I think you need to do 250,000 items and up in a quarter for 12%.

xsarien

daedsiluap
calder said:
Was anyone else disappointed that when you click on the "Shop with GAF" link it doesn't take you to an Amazon search page filled with pop-up windows deriding your purchasing habits and taste? To me, that was a given.

An embedded WAV file that says "DUDE EA TOTALLY SUX!!!" should so play whenever you order an EA game through that link. :p

Tarazet

I heard through the grapevine that OA will be introducing a similar program through HotTrannies.com. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom