• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I get a DELL computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
I'm looking for a cheaper desktop that is up to date and allows me to do average tasks like internet and word processing, and maybe photoshop or something. Nothing top-of-the-line, just basic. I saw an ad for an entry-level DELL for $449-$50 mail-in rebate. Sounds good to me, but are these computers crap? Anyone own one?

I own a Dell XPS Laptop and love it.

When I ordered my laptop there was a promotion going on for a free printer. For me to finally get that thing it took about 4 phone calls, much bitching and then a couple months later it shows up. Other then this I was happy with the service dell provided.

DMczaf

Nightbreeze said:
I own a Dell XPS Laptop and love it.

When I ordered my laptop there was a promotion going on for a free printer. For me to finally get that thing it took about 4 phone calls, much bitching and then a couple months later it shows up. Other then this I was happy with the service dell provided.

My sister ordered a laptop over the holidays from Dell with free 2 day shipping and free printer, she had some problems with their service (I don't know what) and they gave her a $200 gift card.

Ugh, now I wish I have problems with ordering things.

I hear a lot of crap from "leet" computer nerds that Dell is shit. But from my own experience and the exerience of friends and family it's a great buy. The service you get through them is much better than you would get anywhere else.

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
Yeah, it's all those negative vibes from techies that is making this a harder decision than it should be.

DaveH

Main reason to buy a cheap Dell desktop is that they come preloaded with everything working and, hardware-wise, usually have relatively quiet/cool components for the price (sure, you can try to build a quieter system with ducting, no screw mounts rubber vibration-dampening mounts, and one button opening case... but it's going to be a PITA compared to getting a cheap Dell).

xsarien

daedsiluap
Outcast2004 said:
I hear a lot of crap from "leet" computer nerds that Dell is shit.

Most DIYers will tell you any company is shit. Except for Alienware, because OMG COOL CASES!

Dell is fine if you just need an all-purpose computer. I'm not too sure on what's going on with their "gaming" PCs, but I'm sure they're probably pricier than they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom