• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

should I get the lastest Wii update or not?

SumGamer

keanerie said:
In Soviet Russia, system updates you!
:lol :lol

If you are thinking of the PSP case I dont really think its gonna happen anytime soon. Just update it and buy R-Type.

BTW, when you say "new" you mean 2.0? or is european 2.1 is available for US now?

Fio

I updated few minutes ago. Now i'm posting this message from Opera browser, everything seems alri

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yamaha98 said:
Just about complete the update, about 95% done & waiting.......

End transmission.....

:lol

You still have time to back out...shut your Wii before it hits 100%!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Update!! You'll be able to DL Earthbound on the VC by inputing the Konami code on the VC main page!

Tadaima

It probably took more effort to make this thread than it would have done to download the system update. Which you will need to do in the future anyway, if you want your Wii News channel.

Eddz said:
It probably took more effort to make this thread than it would have done to download the system update. Which you will need to do in the future anyway, if you want your Wii News channel.

forgot about the News Channel :) heck, i will just wait for that. i'll skip this update.

Bildi

TheIkariWarrior said:
thanks for the warnings guys, i didn't get the update.

Phew! I thought I might not have got here it time. You would not believe the problems I've gone through since I got the last update.

Rotanibor

I just heard that the update isn't causing any problems now. You should be okay to download it. Its a pretty neat update.

Pellham said:
er what exactly does the update do? besides remove AR support (I could care less)
Just tweaks some stuff. Add's more Mii Slots, channel slots, and 3d projection.

You should be fine to download.

Pellham

Banned
Buttonbasher said:

are you serious?

edit: you bastards, there isn't an update, at least not for me

Bildi

Buttonbasher said:

Seriously dude, it is just not worth it. The new additions are cool, but there are just too many bugs with it. Definitely avoid it, in my opinion.

Bildi said:
Seriously dude, it is just not worth it. The new additions are cool, but there are just too many bugs with it. Definitely avoid it, in my opinion.
My thoughts exactly. I tested it on my other Wii first. Totally bricked it. Good thing that I didn't ever not download it on it.

xabi

In all seriousness...is there supposed to be an update for the US? I just checked and it says I am already up to date. The last time it told me to update was when I got the system over a week ago.

Bildi

Buttonbasher said:
My thoughts exactly. I tested it on my other Wii first. Totally bricked it. Good thing that I didn't ever not download it on it.

Damn, I wish I would have had another Wii to test on. It was smart of you to try another Wii first after all these reports we've been having.

Everyone take note!

Paid In Full said:
You are really out of date. I like the fact that the Mii's now tallk to you through the wiimote speaker.

This update: 8.8
The better feature is when they dive in front of your pointer when you try to play Red Steel. They die so you don't have to. Bless them.

I hear 8.9 will add a whore house to the Mii plaza. It was only a matter of time.

Bildi

Buttonbasher said:
I hear 8.9 will add a whore house to the Mii plaza. It was only a matter of time.

I believe it will use your friends' Miis for the whores. But I believe Nintendo are only allowing MF action. So no MM, FF, or FFFFFFFM action to speak of.

Bildi said:
I believe it will use your friends' Miis for the whores. But I believe Nintendo are only allowing MF action. So no MM, FF, or FFFFFFFM action to speak of.
Yeah, you should still make sure to delete the Mii's your Mom made when you brought your Wii to thanksgiving. No one wants to see that.

Well I don't.

Bildi

Buttonbasher said:
Yeah, you should still make sure to delete the Mii's your Mom made when you brought your Wii to thanksgiving. No one wants to see that.

Well I don't.

Jebus. Here's hoping they add a substantial update to the parental controls. I don't want to see it either.

Pud

Banned
Buttonbasher said:
Including you?

No, he was looking for a way to troll the wii somehow, and couldn't find anything in this thread. Though, I do concur that the thread has run its course.

Bildi

Christopher said:
Ouch too many people are trying to be funny in this thread and aren't.

As far as I can tell, this thread is dead so if we want to have a discussion for our own amusement that's our business, and 'we' does not have to include 'you'. Forums are kind of neat like that.

Top Bottom