• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should the WiiU have at trophy/achievement system?

BasilZero

Yes and it should be badges.

Amazing how slow nintendo is when it comes to implementing anything related to online infrastructure.

sector4

I'd rather they left them out, but I wouldn't have a problem if they did put them in, as long as there's an option to disable the notifications.

I think Nintendo's achievement system souls be stamps, but you should have to find them in-game just like you find them in SM3DW for EVERY GAME.

Mario Kart, have to go under water somewhere of to the side into a cave to find a certain stamp...
Pikmin, throw a yellow Pikmin high on top of a leave to grab the stamp...
ZombiU, go through the sewer and kill the something something which is normally or if you're way to get the stamp...

Not just: play multiplayer 50 times.

I think Nintendo's achievement system souls be stamps, but you should have to find them in-game just like you find them in SM3DW for EVERY GAME.

Mario Kart, have to go under water somewhere of to the side into a cave to find a certain stamp...
ZombiU, go through the sewer and kill the something something which is normally or if you're way to get the stamp...

Good idea.

Josh5890

Nintendo already offers many different ways to earn that 100% in their game. Their platformers have collectables like letters in Donkey Kong Country. Games like Smash have challenges. Mario Kart has 3 stars in their Grand Prix that you can accomplish. Legend of Zelda has side quests. Pikmin with collecting all of the fruit.

I don't see Nintendo needing a trophy system when their games already offer that 100% feeling. If anything they could give you a little emblem or something on Miiverse when 100%ing a game.

DJ_Lae

Absolutely, I like having a little record of what I've done in my games that I can peek at.

I would settle for game stats that aren't utter shit, though. The 3DS is better at that than the WiiU.

Lijik

I dont really mind either way, but the "its too late" responses are baffling to me since it took the PS3 two years to implement trophies.

Should they? Yes. Will they? Never.

I'm still dreaming for a Nintendo equivalent of Steam's trading cards.
Never happening

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

So every game becomes a collect-a-thon? Mario 3D World worked because it was a way to test your platforming skills. Hunting around a Mario Kart track doesn't test your driving skills. Having them tied to time trials was far more appropriate and getting them all proved you beat all the staff ghosts.

ramparter

Banned

I like the idea but forcing the developers would be wrong. Nintendo could just show the way with their games. What you described for MK would be really cool. Perhaps in DKR2...

Top Bottom