• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shout Factory launches Shout Factory TV - MST3K, Reboot, Home Movies, more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/

http://variety.com/2015/digital/new...vice-with-classic-tv-shows-movies-1201424810/

Shout! Factory, a multiplatform entertainment company, has launched a free, ad-supported video-streaming service stocked initially with 1,000 hours of TV shows — including episodes of cult classic “Mystery Science Theater 3000″ — movies, comedy specials and other programming.

The new service, Shout! Factory TV, has a business model similar to Sony’s Crackle and the free version of Hulu’s service. It’s available on the Web at ShoutFactoryTV.com as well as on Roku set-tops; the company said it plans to expand to additional connected devices soon.

The programming on the Internet-video service is culled from Shout’s library of entertainment licensed from major studios, indie producers and others including Westchester Films, Timeless Media Group and Scream Factory.

Shout president and co-founder Garson Foos said the new service is aimed at diversifying the company’s revenue so that it’s not as reliant on DVD sales of its library.

DVDs are “still a good business for us, but digital growth is undeniable, and erosion of DVD sales is accepted,” he said. “We’ve been succeeding in acquiring digital rights on a lot of content… but the big household-name providers like Netflix and Hulu are not as interested in niche, library content, which is where we focus.”

Content in the initial lineup includes 30-plus episodes of “Mystery Science Theater 3000″; animated comedy series “Home Movies” from Adult Swim; “It’s Garry Shandling’s Show”; “Father Knows Best”; “Dennis the Menace”; “The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis”; and “The Ernie Kovacs Show.”

Specials include Steve Martin’s “Comedy Is Not Pretty” and “Steve Martin: Wild and Crazy Guy,” as well as “Mel Brooks: Make a Noise.” Films include 16 titles from Werner Herzog, a selection of Roger Corman movies, the Marx Brothers’ “A Night in Casablanca,” “A Room With a View,” “Hoop Dreams” and Volker Schlondorff’s 1985 “Death of a Salesman,” starring Dustin Hoffman.

Holy shit, this is amazing. MST3K, Garry Shandling's Show (though sadly only season 1), Home Movies, Reboot, tons of good movies, all free (with ads). I can finally start watching Garry Shandling's Show without paying the absurd price the DVD set commands. Anyone's who's a fan of classic/cult TV shows/movies needs to get on this.

Tizoc

Sigh, this content isn't available in my region =/ I don't live in the US to view any of it, but I hope this'll do well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, that's pretty sweet for the mst3k catalog.

Oh wow, I had no idea they had Mary Tyler Moore or Newheart.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
How much of Reboot is up there? Does it include the movies as well?

Edit; ugh. Interface sorta lacking. It's just built on Wordpress. Only seems like the first two seasons

Snaku

Banned
I just watched all of MST3K The Blood Waters of Dr. Z and didn't hit a single commercial. I like Shout's version of Crackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom