• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

show me the absolute BEST character design you can think of

latest

Lasty95

Although the Guardians themselves are pretty uninspiring, I reckon the enemies in Destiny are pretty awesome.

Distinct and interesting, every one.

468px-Enemies.png

Jeiiya

This might be cheating, but I'm a huge fan of cadet Ramza from chapter 1 and then Ramza in chapter 2, and then finally his costume after chapter 3. I think the costume change reflects a lot of Ramza's growth.

Chapter 1 Ramza
fLrywzG.jpg

Chapter 2 Ramza
XYprWZ0.jpg

Mista Koo

Hfe53p3.jpg

Rhyme from TWEWY. The simplest Nomura design? I hate how she wasn't playable. I can't choose one, so I went with the first thing that popped into my mind that wasn't already posted to avoid repetition.

Other notes:
  • Sonic characters are probably the most underrated. Rule 34 doesn't make a design bad.
  • SF2 characters are probably the most overrated. Iconic doesn't always mean good.
  • Shout out to Zelda for their great fictional races design, especially the Zoras they finally nailed in BotW.

Fritz

A personal favorite are the original Crystal Chronicles designs, especially the human male's main variety.

ffccteam.gif

I wish a mainline FF would go back to this elaborate, whimsical fantasy theme.

Zarya from Overwatch

350px-Zarya-portrait.png

Sad that theres not many of these badass kind of designs. Fortunately I think soon enough there will be more Zaryas rathen than 2Bs the way gaming industry has progressed.

Phazon_Chaos

Neo Member
A few personal favourites:

The Drifter - Hyper Light Drifter

Guillo - Baten Kaitos Origins

Skull Kid - The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask

K - Virtue's Last Reward

I... huh. There's a very obvious trend here that I didn't even realize I liked until I saw all of these next to each other. I'm also generally a fan of bird-like heads/faces, so I like the Yukes from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and characters with plague masks, like Eileen the Crow or Plague Knight, as well as very clean-looking mechanical things with lots of moving parts (think Atlas and P-Body from Portal 2, or Sam Gideon from Vanquish).

Top Bottom