• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

show me the absolute WORST character design you can think of

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
holy shit that art style is so bad

edit : or just the proportions, really

Nah, it's bad:

vandal-hearts-flames-of-judgment-20090602064735911_1264034753.jpg

10.161.22.82-image69.jpg

I've posted twice. I haven't posted about it much at all. And I haven't called anyone a homophobe at all, so stop with the shitty straw manning and irrational argument.

My point is quite simple. This is a thread about the worse possible character designs in gaming. Now, even if you don't appreciate new Dante's appearance or find him attractive (which as I said lots of people won't!) there is absolutely no possible way that as objective character design he belongs in the same category as the giant titted anime girls, nomura's outfits of a thousand belts or the pizza cutter guy.

I get it people don't like it. I think a lot of that comes from the controversy over the redesign, or some of the imagery they released first (note, not the final design used in game). But there is no objective way you can describe a fairly bland, standard boy-band designed character wearing normal clothing as one of the worse designs in gaming. That's my point. Someone who could happily front a teen pop magazine in the real world is objectively not anywhere near the same league as most of the characters here.

Fairly certain Donte is bad in the same way Bomberman Act Zero is bad.
250px-BombActZerobox.jpg

An unnecessarily edgy reimagining of a much more likable, and better character is essentially an affront simply by existing. Especially when they totally abandon what was good about the base character. If Donte existed in a vacuum he'd just be an annoying, vulgar, teen protagonists. Seeing that he's supposed to be replacing Dante in a way that aggressively disrespected the original and his fans makes him insufferable.

Fairly certain Donte is bad in the same way Bomberman Act Zero is bad.
250px-BombActZerobox.jpg

An unnecessarily edgy reimagining of a much more likable, and better character is essentially an affront simply by existing. Especially when they totally abandon what was good about the base character. If Donte existed in a vacuum he'd just be an annoying, vulgar, teen protagonists. Seeing that he's supposed to be replacing Dante in a way that aggressively disrespected the original and his fans makes him insufferable.

The difference between Bomberman and Bomberman Zero is without a doubt more drastic. Reaper from Overreach would not look out of place alongside original Dante.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
With the exception of Witcher 3, I find Western RPG char design to be unbearably hideous (though I quite like the last 2 games here):

2567.jpg

latest

latest

anac.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

gfxtwin

Come at me bros

Link-zelda-wind-waker-14446803-444-500.jpg

And most recently, this:

darksiders-3-first-hands-on-preview-ign-first_73u9.1920.jpg

And even though the game never got made, here is what Vectorman from Vectorman on the PS2 was gonna look like:

vectorman_050703_1.jpg

But the absolute WORST of any game that ever went into production? Primal Rage 2:

primrag2.png

Primal_Rage_2_-_1996_-_Atari.0.jpg

malyssa_zpsa23d62df.jpg

They went from those stylish, memorable Ray Harryhausen-esque beasts to that.

A.J.

Banned
Alice from VLR. There are a few others in this game that don't mesh with me, but Alice sticks out the most. The charcter designs in 999 were way better
pvET2wc.jpgm

Top Bottom