• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2008 edition

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I figure it's about time to start a new topic so some of us can pimp our gaming setup. Not that mine is anything extraordinary like some others here, but I'm still starting to be quite happy with it :)

So share your gaming setups everyone!

Mine (picture not too good, only have my parents old camera available):
set080101.jpg

TV is a Samsung LE52M86BD
For left to right, top to bottom:
Right under the TV is the component/optical switcher/splitter (CSM42), the USB IR receiver for the HTPC, and on the right is the freebox HD receiver (french ADSL TV, not used)
HTPC with blu-ray drive in the case, and the 360 HD-DVD Addon. Plays everything under the sun while being perfectly quiet
PAL 360 (was the JP one, but it died), JP PS3, PStwo / DVD Drive (not used anymore) / scart switcher (not used anymore)
Yamaha RX-V1500 receiver, still going strong / Debug 360 / Dead JP 360 / Dead JP PS3
Everything else is from IKEA :D
On the screen is the Planet Earth Blu-Ray running from the HTPC. Here is a zoom on the actual picture http://images.gamersyde.com/misc/setup/screen080101_1080p.jpg

3a.jpg

Bigger
The main place where i sit 70% of the time. PC, hooked up to 360, PSP and DS lite on the desk, Zen Vision M. It's my happy desk.

4a.jpg

Bigger
PS3 and Wii hooked up to this nice samsung i got for £250. Nothing much to say else.

1a.jpg

Bigger
All my games, gaming related figures, DVDs etc, signed stuff etc etc.

2a.jpg

Bigger

Gaming related magazines and other random crap.

NekoFever

This is how my setup stands at the beginning of 2008:

82crnfn.jpg

The TV is a Samsung LE26R41B, the sound system is a Logitech Z-5400, on the left is a modded slim PAL PS2 on top of a Topfield TF5800 Freeview PVR (160GB), and to the right below the sound receiver there's a Toshiba HD-E1 HD DVD player (playing Blade Runner). My games for the consoles that I have connected at the moment (minus DC) are all on the shelf above.

Off to the right of the frame there's a Japanese Dreamcast (VGA), US Wii (component), US PS3 (HDMI), and PAL Xbox 360 (VGA) all hooked up.

The nice thing is that it's all at the foot of my bed with the 5.1 speakers arranged around it :D

Since I've got a proper job now I plan to buy a better TV. My one's been great but I've had it for two years and it's starting to show its age compared to newer sets.

8172m2c.jpg

89htr8x.jpg

Only got a cellphone(SLVR). Will take better pics later.

26" Samsung
Antec P182 case
Edifier 2.1 Sound(PC)
OCZ Equalizer Mouse

Tobor

ChrushDance, it might be time to take a break from buying electronics and switch to furniture. That TV on a chair is a disaster waiting to happen.

StranGER

will take a shot of the bedroom later this month, in the middle of painting it at the moment.
that's where the 360 and HDTV is at.

Still got this tv in the main room but got the wii and ps2 hooked up.
i unhooked the 64 and genisis.
gamesetuptv-1.jpg

Blimblim

The Inside Track
oo Kosma oo said:
Blim you think 3 360's are enough?
PAL / JP / Debug. It's not like I have 3 360s just for the heck of it ;)
Hopefully I'll have a debug PS3 joining the club soon :)

Tobor said:
ChrushDance, it might be time to take a break from buying electronics and switch to furniture. That TV on a chair is a disaster waiting to happen.
Nope. It's actually wider in the back hehe:D And yeah I know :( I'm trying to get money for so many things(Not for entertainment) that it's not really a priority. It's very stable, especially thanks to the TV base.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway :p Oh yeah. My Wii is under my sisters bed in the box x_x didn't want to put it on the floor.

JavaMava

StranGER said:
will take a shot of the bedroom later this month, in the middle of painting it at the moment.
that's where the 360 and HDTV is at.

Still got this tv in the main room but got the wii and ps2 hooked up.
i unhooked the 64 and genisis.
gamesetuptv-1.jpg

Hey look a midget.

Tobor

CrushDance said:
Nope. It's actually wider in the back hehe:D And yeah I know :( I'm trying to get money for so many things(Not for entertainment) that it's not really a priority. It's very stable, especially thanks to the TV base.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway :p Oh yeah. My Wii is under my sisters bed in the box x_x didn't want to put it on the floor.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to put you down, I just don't want to see the thread on GAF where you're looking for a new TV. :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you wanna see more pictures, look for my page.

Edit: Some move arounds.

setup.jpg

Edit2: Here are each one in their respective shot.

6uy.jpg
9uk-1.jpg

77u-1.jpg
Dell19.jpg

DellW3.jpg
Philips.jpg

pio-1.jpg
SonyKP.jpg

XBr3-1.jpg

-=Primary gaming TV=
-=Panasonic TH42PZ77U=-
-=Secondary gaming TVs=-
-=Pioneer PDP-4280HD =-
-=Panasonic TH-42PH9UK=-
-=Panasonic TH-42PHD6UY=-
-=Sony KP-65WV700=-
-=Philips Magnavox 9P5531C=-
-=Dell LCD W1900=-
-=Dell W3706MC times two=-
-=Sony KDL-40XBR3=-

Tobor said:
Yeah, I wasn't trying to put you down, I just don't want to see the thread on GAF where you're looking for a new TV. :p
My monitor is on top of my drawer I took one of my drawing boards and wedged it in between the standoffs and placed the monitor/speakers on it.

Nothing can beat my decor skills. All my furniture is self made lmao.
Kadey said:
If you wanna see more pictures, look for my page.

99 screens
I saw your post a while back with that. How much energy does that all consume at once?:lol

Tobor

CrushDance said:
My monitor is on top of my drawer:lol. I took one of my drawing boards and wedged it in between the standoffs and placed the monitor/speakers on it.

Nothing can beat my decor skills. All my furniture is self made lmao.

/looks at picture again. /blinks.

One last question? Why is your PC tower facing the wrong way?

Tobor said:
/looks at picture again. /blinks.

One last question? Why is your PC tower facing the wrong way?
It has a wireless connection. It does look so much cleaner, especially with the gunmetal black/gloss but if I face it forwards then the connection drops severely :S
justjohn said:
does everyone on this forum own a samsung? i'm probably the only bravia owner in here
I wanted a Bravia but it was to expensive. The glass bezel they have is very stylish, yet I got my Samsung for $499 and the bravia was $700.

Tobor

justjohn said:
does everyone on this forum own a samsung? i'm probably the only bravia owner in here

Mine is an LG. I wanted a CRT HDTV, and the LG was higher rated than the similar Samsung.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
apt01.jpg

apt02.jpg

apt03.jpg

Nothing much has changed, but the apartment is currently in a state of disarray with holiday time visitors around, so I'm posting old pics.

TV is a Hitachi WOOO H8000, 36" 720p HDTV.

The JP PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and N64 are currently connected.

The godsent this holiday was having my parents taking about half the games I've accumulated in Japan back to America to keep with the collection I left in storage before moving away. The apartment looks slightly less out of control, now.

NekoFever

justjohn said:
Samsung win for being the first to really make affordable LCD HDTVs right when the 360 came out.

Zaptruder

Banned
I love image threads. And I love gaming. Ergo this is probably my favorite thread on this forum.

That said, although I've since upgraded my setup a bunch since I last showed it (still have my trusty Jerker table though!), I don't have a decent enough camera to show it off!

I'll also have to clean up the wires. Even if you can't see them, I'd rather not photograph it while wires are everywhere. That would make me... hypocritical!

Raist

Banned
justjohn said:

Philips here. Only 26" tho, don't have enough room for a bigger one anyway :p

Blimblim

The Inside Track
justjohn said:
I'd have gotten a Bravia if it wasn't more than 1000 euros more for the exact same LCD panel. I've been a Sony TV owner for a long time (loved my KV32FX60), but the Bravia line is simply way too expensive.
Looking back, I'm very happy with the Samsung, though I had one hell of a time getting it calibrated to my taste.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Blimblim said:
I'd have gotten a Bravia if it wasn't more than 1000 euros more for the exact same LCD panel. I've been a Sony TV owner for a long time (loved my KV32FX60), but the Bravia line is simply way too expensive.
Looking back, I'm very happy with the Samsung, though I had one hell of a time getting it calibrated to my taste.

Ive got the same samsung as you, only the 40" version :)
pics later

phalestine

aka iby.h
The Wii and Ps2 are in the living room ill probably bring the wii back from smash bros.

Image136.jpg

Image138.jpg

Image137.jpg

Image140.jpg

Sorry about the quality, had to take it with the phone since I cant find my camera.

Sylar

Banned
I don't have a digital camera or a cell phone, so you get EyeToy snaps!

Here is my TV, 360, HDDVD Add-On, and PS2 (I don't think you can see it). It's a big wirey mess, and the TV is a like...2000 JVC SDTV but it has componenet so it's pretty boss! Can you see the hidden item in the picture?!
72sths1.jpg

Here's right next to the TV, on the left is my stack of Christmas Presents that you can read about here! Then you have my laptop and a Arizona bottle.
85ymnog.jpg

Here's the messiest part of my room, the corridoor of Games, Movies, Action Figures, Peripherals, clothes, books, you name it it's likely there.
85llrtu.jpg

Here's to the left of that! More games and movies, and all the rock band peripherals, plus a comfortable chair that I use for Mass Effect!
85c2gl2.jpg

And for shits and giggles, heres the view outside my window!
6jx9suc.jpg

jan2008setup.jpg

Things of note:
-The PC doesn't quiiite fit under the desk. As in, it sticks out way too much.
-I need to fix the paint job in the corner of the room. It's okay when the sliding mirror doors to my wardrobe are closed, but its an eyesore if I leave them open a bit like that.
-New calendar! Futurama 2008 :D I had Disgaea last year.
-Yotsuba sits atop my 26" Acer telly, which displays my Wii, PC, 360 and PS3 games :p
-My Wii is glowing. I haven't actually turned it on as such since I saw the ending of Mario Galaxy.
-Firefly DVD boxset. I'm loving it.
-PSP Slim and Lite. Sexxiest handheld evar.
-DS and FF7 boxes hidden near PS3 :p Can't really see em. Right next to the Sawachika Eri figure :p

Eiji

Android18a said:
http://www.silentdream.co.uk/jan2008setup.jpg

Hey, you have the same PC case as me, the Asus TA-211. Has the power button on your case broken yet or has it been stiff since you bought it? Mine broke not too long ago. Nice case but cheaply built.

BeeDog

Too much anime/manga/hentai stuff in the GAFfer rooms. :p

Btw blimblim, I have the exact same IKEA furniture as you! I've decided to actually try to modify it since I have an LCD TV now: I'll try to cut it in half to preserve more space in the room.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Cool to see people with models and action figures, now I don't feel alone in this hobby:D

DSC01445.jpg

DSC01451.jpg

Before someone asks, the fat PS2 is my JPN one and the slim on is my US one.

DSC01454.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

manzo

Pretty much the final form in this current house. Going to buy a new house this spring.

Living room: current-gen consoles. GC, DC, Xbox, PSone and N64 not visible, they're packed in boxes near the white shelf.

new_consoles1.jpg

TV: 55" Sony Bravia SXRD KDS-55A2000, calibrated.
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR605
Consoles: Japanese PStwo (modded with a DMS4 to play US and PAL games), US Wii, PAL 60gb PS3, JP Xbox360 near the TV and PAL Xbox360 on the floor.
The DVD player is a region free LG, not currently connected.

Bedroom: older consoles.

old_consoles.jpg

TV: 21" Philips-knockoff, BEKO (some lousy Turkish brand) IN FULL HD! Also showing something nice: DeJap-translated Star Ocean running on the real hardware. :)
Consoles: US SNES with a GDSF7, JP PC Engine DUO, PAL Saturn (modded to run US and JP imports), PAL MegaDrive 2 (modded to play imports and 60hz) with an US SegaCD, Famicom Twin with a working floppy drive, JP PC-FX.

Game collection: (click links for pics)

Older games 1
Older games 2
New games

kylej

Banned
welp, I guess I'll repost this here as well

8436IMG_0110.jpg

99% finished now at the start of 2008. Spent all last year working on this setup. It's such a great feeling to have it done and enjoy it.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I'm jealous of all these white ps2s. I think I might have to buy a Jpn white Ps2 (new model) and sell my old fat Jpn PS2.

JB1981

kylej said:
welp, I guess I'll repost this here as well

8436IMG_0110.jpg

99% finished now at the start of 2008. Spent all last year working on this setup. It's such a great feeling to have it done and enjoy it.
very nice and clean, how do you hide the wires so well?

Tieno

dark10x said:
Kind of a dark picture, but it works...

[IG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/dark1x/DSC02257.jpg[/IMG]
Awful blacklevels dark10x, is that an LCD TV?

Top Bottom