• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2014 Edition

Ivan

A quick snap from our old place...

DSC_0761.jpg

I have more (including the basement I finished), but I have to dig them up. I'll also update you guys with pictures of our new place now that we've settled in.

Wow, nice!

Omega

Banned

sorry for shit quality. my setup. nothing impressive, but I'm mainly posting this too see how much I improve it by years end.

I'm gonna ditch the Steelseries and go with a headphone and a Blue Snowball mic instead. I plan on adding a shelf above my desk for my 3DS games, and whatever console I plan on getting.

baby steps. I'm coming for you Tabris (the real winner of best setup)

plasmasd

I have an impressive display that I can't see half of because I'm sitting one foot from it.

Yes. Just like you can't see half of an Imax screen because it's too large. I sit about 36" away and it took about a week to get used to coming from a 42". Ends up not really feeling all that large. More like a physical stationanry Occulus Rift at less than 3ft.

xJavonta

Banned
Yeah looking at it I wouldn't consider it a winner at all -- nice looking couches and apartment, but the screen is tiny and his PC setup is a single monitor?! :(

EDIT: And it's a Mac.. Seriously, what the fuck? Not a Mac hater but that's not made for gaming at all.

What is this shit? I hope it's a joke

leng jai

Have to say the PS4 looks pretty average placed horizontal. Vertically it looks fantastic - too bad it covers some vents and increases fan noise.

This is how it looks like behind the screen. 2 subwoofers left, 2 subwoofers right.

b9oyza7o.jpg

Don't be deceived by the size of the NuVero 7 speakers. They upstage much bigger speakers too.

ViciousDS

Banned
That looks way smaller than 65"

nah it looks 65, I only can tell because of the relative size of the chair and the fact I own a 60 and my screen in photo's actually looks really tiny....despite the fact in my small room your engulfed in the screen when playing any video game.....nba 2k14 next gen mmmmm so good, I'll have to post pictures when I get home.

The screen always looks smaller on photos than in reality. My screen is 3 meters wide (135 inch diagonal). It's huge when you sit in front of it. No comparison to the photos.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Here are some pics I posted last year. I'm in the process of moving out to my new summer house, so I have boxes everywhere. My current loft items will be in my house. I also bought a new two storey historical penthouse/loft which is still under construction.

Current place that is sold :
9Pazp7El.jpg

A6hA3yjl.jpg

KXLz3Axl.jpg

jx9B6CXl.jpg

sKKJnLPl.jpg

zo4C9K6l.jpg

xipNoB1l.jpg

7l8Y6YVl.jpg

ebFGgivl.jpg

WkL7aBJl.jpg

hwv7X9Gl.jpg

I bought a new Yamaha 11.2 Avantage receiver and BD player for my house. For my penthouse I bought a 7.1 sound bar :

(funny story, I dropped the box in the escalator, so that's why the marks on the box, no damage at least)
BQbHQMRl.jpg

1HiOkhkl.jpg

BFlood

Banned
The 2013 thread is why I joined GAF after lurking for I'm sure @ least 10 years. Lol.

Anyway, I live in downtown Chicago somewhere around here:
ovLTUXEl.jpg

I use this laptop for EMUs (and OTA TV, Netflix, Hulu and streaming. I'm a chord cutter...). Which sits next to my Wii U currently.

exd92FZl.jpg

They connect to this projector:
fRDawsEl.jpg

Which projects TV, games, web, ect. To this 100 inch screen:

NQskzisl.jpg

My games and handhelds are concealed in these bins as I have a 2 year old ...
rfs4GeZl.jpg

And the sound comes from this simple sound bar:
h8ac6n5l.jpg

80% discount? That sure shows what kind of markup is involved!

For sure, I got a similar discount from a friend in the company.

It's definitely "art" in the sense that you are paying for something more than just the function. I'm a big fan of Eames furniture, but I never pay full price.

Here are some pics I posted last year. I'm in the process of moving out to my new summer house, so I have boxes everywhere. My current loft items will be in my house. I also bought a new two storey historical penthouse/loft which is still under construction....]

I really dig the feel of this place. Looking to do some renovation the bathrooms/kitchen of our home and will be saving these as some inspiration.

Mesoian

Some people making me jelly in this thread. I'll post pictures tonight. We've made great strides in our apartment, but there's stuff missing. It's interesting as I opted to not have my figures out anymore in order to have a cleaner look to the place, but there's so much empty space now. And I need a ton more art. What little I have just doesn't do the space justice.

where did you get that painting on the left? can we get close up

Sure that's not a problem...

IMG_2554_zps5bb78e74.jpg

Excuse the brightness at the top. I haven't installed a dimmer, since we are planning to install pot lighting (so I'll do so then). We bought the painting from Urban Barn 2 years ago...

Top Bottom