• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
KAWPXXZ.jpg

Pretty dope if i may say .
It even includes climate controls
And i can easily wash my stuff

Last edited:

Deanington

UJjffV1.jpg
qjWGb86.jpg

Sonny x900e

Nintendo Switch
Xbox One

Corsair 460x Crystal
MSI gaming m5 z270 motherboard
Windows 10 Pro
Intel i7-7700k 4.2
Noctua nh-u14s cooler
Corsair Vengeance ddr4 16gb 3200
EVGA 1080ti ftw 3
Samsung 960 evo m.2 500gb
EVGA G2 650 watt psu
Noctua Chromax case fans (4)
Corsair k70 rgb mx cherry rapid fires
Corsair scimitar pro mouse
Corsair extended mm300 mouse pad
Yeti blue mic
Wireless Xbox controller

Da Coach

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
UJjffV1.jpg
qjWGb86.jpg

Sonny x900e

Nintendo Switch
Xbox One

Corsair 460x Crystal
MSI gaming m5 z270 motherboard
Windows 10 Pro
Intel i7-7700k 4.2
Noctua nh-u14s cooler
Corsair Vengeance ddr4 16gb 3200
EVGA 1080ti ftw 3
Samsung 960 evo m.2 500gb
EVGA G2 650 watt psu
Noctua Chromax case fans (4)
Corsair k70 rgb mx cherry rapid fires
Corsair scimitar pro mouse
Corsair extended mm300 mouse pad
Yeti blue mic
Wireless Xbox controller

Da Coach
I’ve always wondered what it is like to play PC games that close to such a large screen. What’re your impressions?

Deanington

I’ve always wondered what it is like to play PC games that close to such a large screen. What’re your impressions?

I really don't know how to articulate the experience. Umm, the action/horizon is still at eye level. I like that games are more in my field of vision and I am not looking at bezels. It doesn't bother my eyes at all. Textures still look good. I do most of my gaming this way, but I can also move back and game wirelessly with a controller. Which I do from time to time. Especially with the Switch because being up close the textures do not look good. Anyways, I hope that answered your question. Feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I really don't know how to articulate the experience. Umm, the action/horizon is still at eye level. I like that games are more in my field of vision and I am not looking at bezels. It doesn't bother my eyes at all. Textures still look good. I do most of my gaming this way, but I can also move back and game wirelessly with a controller. Which I do from time to time. Especially with the Switch because being up close the textures do not look good. Anyways, I hope that answered your question. Feel free to ask more questions if you have them.
Thanks. Do you find fast-paced FPS’s hard to play at that size and distance or is there little difference?

Deanington

Thanks. Do you find fast-paced FPS’s hard to play at that size and distance or is there little difference?

I don't play a lot of fps games. I mostly play rpg or mmos. I will say that there shouldn't be a difference though. There isn't any head movement to see what is going on the screen. I feel like I can sit center of the TV and see everything. On the other hand I can also recognize that it at times feels a little zoomed in with games like Skyrim. The hands just look huge. I wish I could give you a better answer with how fps play. I am curious myself. Might have to get Doom or something just to see how it is.

I don't play a lot of fps games. I mostly play rpg or mmos. I will say that there shouldn't be a difference though. There isn't any head movement to see what is going on the screen. I feel like I can sit center of the TV and see everything. On the other hand I can also recognize that it at times feels a little zoomed in with games like Skyrim. The hands just look huge. I wish I could give you a better answer with how fps play. I am curious myself. Might have to get Doom or something just to see how it is.
Problem with TVs and FPS games is that they TVs tends to have huge input lag. That is why I do my FPS games on monitor and anything else on console/TV

Spheyr

Banned
oXrbnsH.jpg

My Logitech G920 came today. Still need to play with the settings in Forza 3 but stock is entertaining enough, if a little too jerky on dirt, where I spend most of my time hooning

Spukc

haha its like a garage amazing that made me laugh great set up man love it.

i use a Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

denon avr x2400H
2 x kef q300
4 x jbl satellite
1 x front jbl
1 x jamo sub

sony ubp x700 (dolby vision enabled)
a optoma beamer + reflecta 200 inch screen
and a lg c7 55 inch

Mozza

haha its like a garage amazing that made me laugh great set up man love it.

i use a Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

denon avr x2400H
2 x kef q300
4 x jbl satellite
1 x front jbl
1 x jamo sub

sony ubp x700 (dolby vision enabled)
a optoma beamer + reflecta 200 inch screen
and a lg c7 55 inch

I used to have a Denon avr it was pretty awesome,and have had Kef speakers too.

Spukc

aww so cool to have fellow kef fans.
i used to sell speakers as a student and somehow the kef q series always amazed me

I've been meaning to take some proper pictures for this thread this year with a proper camera and today was that day. A few additions since last year, I've tried to add as many collectors editions as I can in these pics and theres pics of both my main setup in the living room and the retro setup in the spare room.

0V45PxC.jpg

jvkXD2X.jpg

cRnAU3X.jpg

FvJceIM.jpg

hgoj82G.jpg

uomuYKe.jpg

AIoWQ3k.jpg

90NeB7k.jpg

hAYBYth.jpg

25wkaBi.jpg

YzzslOI.jpg

ChNgHNs.jpg

scczdJt.jpg

ZorGWrP.jpg

7vHUw5o.jpg

hioKT2R.jpg

5c0hiDX.jpg

fmIIQ60.jpg

KwEIEZS.jpg

Z9OfmWR.jpg

Dkz4Qfm.jpg

7u1V6Ti.jpg

uqWAOfR.jpg

P3wMMlL.jpg

ZaYovJe.jpg

wSjLpla.jpg

StmD9Mk.jpg

0tPkKAt.jpg

DaPjvfb.jpg

v4SiCt3.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Thanks! Ikea, Ikea is pretty much the entire setup. Glass ones are DETOLF shelves and the ones that hold all the games are now GNEDBY, formerly BENNO.

Detolf, okay! I don't have an Ikea around me just yet - but I am hoping to get some good shelves when I move to a new city. Hopefully one of them will have an Ikea. Tried looking it up, but shipping was nearly 200 dollars for just across state lines (in land locked states no less!).

Detolf, okay! I don't have an Ikea around me just yet - but I am hoping to get some good shelves when I move to a new city. Hopefully one of them will have an Ikea. Tried looking it up, but shipping was nearly 200 dollars for just across state lines (in land locked states no less!).

Gezzsus thats insane, the price of the DETOLF Shelves are usually around $59.99 CAD, they're not the easiest things to move either, awkward and heavy its best to take them apart and they're not overly tough to put together. Ikea is definitely your friend if you've got a growing collection.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Gezzsus thats insane, the price of the DETOLF Shelves are usually around $59.99 CAD, they're not the easiest things to move either, awkward and heavy its best to take them apart and they're not overly tough to put together. Ikea is definitely your friend if you've got a growing collection.

Haha, I have more than a growing collection. I currently have over 5000 physical titles that I own, but due to where I currently live I lack the space to showcase them. Hoping that changes soon. I miss being able to see a nice, organized collection of my games on shelves.

Haha, I have more than a growing collection. I currently have over 5000 physical titles that I own, but due to where I currently live I lack the space to showcase them. Hoping that changes soon. I miss being able to see a nice, organized collection of my games on shelves.

Haha thats going to be alot shelves man! this is already insane to keep organized, makes me happy other people do this stuff too.

I recently bought a Dell 24" Ultrasharp monitor, on the right, for $10 at a yard sale! Love having a two monitor setup!

ydF95Zb.jpg

Looks a lot like my current setup and we share a lot of the same gear. I love the M-Audio and hooking up phones to it. Such a nice setup. My cans are open ear so I get less bass. I bet your's sounds fantastic!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have a thing about playing while sitting on the floor. I also have nothing for my consoles to sit on (at the moment) and in general I'm use to playing games on the floor. I'm good at dusting and cleaning screens (no one else in the family feels like it's important). I dust my consoles each week because dust can kill a console (and electronics). I also have an IKEA cabinet.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/21on2ixw2/

Last edited:
I've been meaning to take some proper pictures for this thread this year with a proper camera and today was that day. A few additions since last year, I've tried to add as many collectors editions as I can in these pics and theres pics of both my main setup in the living room and the retro setup in the spare room.
*SNIP*
Helluva lot of stuff... i'm jealous! XD

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Jesus Christ! I thought I had a decent collection. I’m guessing you have completed sets?

Damn! I have 2064 and even I have trouble showcasing them. Is your collection curated to what you like or just a lot of everything?

BANGS

Banned

0V45PxC.jpg

jvkXD2X.jpg

cRnAU3X.jpg

FvJceIM.jpg

hgoj82G.jpg

uomuYKe.jpg

AIoWQ3k.jpg

90NeB7k.jpg

hAYBYth.jpg

25wkaBi.jpg

YzzslOI.jpg

ChNgHNs.jpg

scczdJt.jpg

ZorGWrP.jpg

7vHUw5o.jpg

hioKT2R.jpg

5c0hiDX.jpg

fmIIQ60.jpg

KwEIEZS.jpg

Z9OfmWR.jpg

Dkz4Qfm.jpg

7u1V6Ti.jpg

uqWAOfR.jpg

P3wMMlL.jpg

ZaYovJe.jpg

wSjLpla.jpg

StmD9Mk.jpg

0tPkKAt.jpg

DaPjvfb.jpg

v4SiCt3.jpg
I didn't realize we were allowed to post cool non-gaming stuff... I got some cool stuff to show you guys...

20171219_181730.jpg
20171229_193010.jpg
20171229_212434.jpg
20171229_212443.jpg
20171229_212452.jpg
20171229_212458.jpg

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Jesus Christ! I thought I had a decent collection. I’m guessing you have completed sets?

Surprisingly, no! I do not have a single set of completed titles. I am close with a few, such as the Virtual Boy - but I tend to buy games that I have either heard are good/great, fit my interests, ones that had a strong impact on the industry at its time, or ones that have developed a cult following.

So basically, they are mostly well known titles like Contra, Final Fantasy, Castlevania and other such. I have a lot of re-releases such as FInal Fantasy 1 and 2 that were released on multiple platforms, sometimes updated (PSP, PS1, GBA, NES, Famicom, etc). So it tends to pad out my collection quite a bit.

Damn! I have 2064 and even I have trouble showcasing them. Is your collection curated to what you like or just a lot of everything?

Mostly curated to what I like. I have picked up some titles that were recommended, but I ultimately didn't like. Some of those games are 2064: Read Only Memories, The Last of Us, and Chrono Cross.

Surprisingly, no! I do not have a single set of completed titles. I am close with a few, such as the Virtual Boy - but I tend to buy games that I have either heard are good/great, fit my interests, ones that had a strong impact on the industry at its time, or ones that have developed a cult following.

So basically, they are mostly well known titles like Contra, Final Fantasy, Castlevania and other such. I have a lot of re-releases such as FInal Fantasy 1 and 2 that were released on multiple platforms, sometimes updated (PSP, PS1, GBA, NES, Famicom, etc). So it tends to pad out my collection quite a bit.

Mostly curated to what I like. I have picked up some titles that were recommended, but I ultimately didn't like. Some of those games are 2064: Read Only Memories, The Last of Us, and Chrono Cross.

Do you have a CLZ game collectors page by any chance. Would love to peruse your collection.

https://cloud.collectorz.com/Nemesis2K/games

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

0V45PxC.jpg

jvkXD2X.jpg

cRnAU3X.jpg

FvJceIM.jpg

hgoj82G.jpg

uomuYKe.jpg

AIoWQ3k.jpg

90NeB7k.jpg

hAYBYth.jpg

25wkaBi.jpg

YzzslOI.jpg

ChNgHNs.jpg

scczdJt.jpg

ZorGWrP.jpg

7vHUw5o.jpg

hioKT2R.jpg

5c0hiDX.jpg

fmIIQ60.jpg

KwEIEZS.jpg

Z9OfmWR.jpg

Dkz4Qfm.jpg

7u1V6Ti.jpg

uqWAOfR.jpg

P3wMMlL.jpg

ZaYovJe.jpg

wSjLpla.jpg

StmD9Mk.jpg

0tPkKAt.jpg

DaPjvfb.jpg

v4SiCt3.jpg
Love your Final Fantasy statues :D

Spheyr

Banned
oXrbnsH.jpg

My Logitech G920 came today. Still need to play with the settings in Forza 3 but stock is entertaining enough, if a little too jerky on dirt, where I spend most of my time hooning
BlSOEXX.jpg

So much improvement just by putting it on a proper stand.

Spheyr

Banned
My desk is immediately to the left of the TV so I just have an office chair that I roll over. This setup is great, you really ought to spend the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom