• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shu Yoshida: You can look back at what we did for Gamescom in the past (for PGW)

Human_me

Yes!
Happy about this as well :)
These were the WWS featured at Gamescom 2014:
PT

Futurama-Oh-I-Made-myself-sad.gif

Hunger? Already confirmed to be coming to the PS4 and PC.

I can't wait for that game incidentally. It looks like Puppeteer crossed with The City of Lost Children, with a healthy dose of the macabre mixed in for good measure. What's not to love?

Cool I didn't know it was coming to PC too.

Human_me

This is it.
This is where they will announce PS1 & PS2 backwards compatibility on the PS4.
I will not be disappointed like last E3, last PSX, last Gamescom, E3 before that, Gamescom before that...... I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Drencrom

Fudge that. Zoetis said this will be better than E3 and that's exactly what I'm expecting. My hype is basically through the roof right now. I can only be disappointed.

ep1I825.jpg

I want to believe in zoetis, but I just can't see PGW topping the craziness of Sony's E3 this year.

Elandyll

Banned
I'd be happy with Rime, NMS, Hellblade, WiLD and Tomorrow Children news. Probably Quantic Dreams and Media Molecules as well :)

I want to believe in zoetis, but I just can't see PGW topping the craziness of Sony's E3 this year.

In my mind, it's impossible to top Sony's E3 this year, regardless of how early on the likes of Shenmue 3 and FFVII are in development. We'll get a lot of announcements of smaller games that are closer to release, and that's great, but it's not like there's much else that can match the hysteria whipped up by the holy trinity. And even if there was, it's not like they're going to be shown at a smaller event like PGW. Agent, Shenmue HD and Crash Bandicoot, if they exist, would be reserved for E3, maybe PSX.

Realistically, I think the biggest announcements we'll see at PGW are Quantic Dream's new game and PS1/PS2 support for the PS4. The latter would be fantastic.

Aquanaut's Holiday please.

Hell yes.

(One of those days I'll play the first one on the PS3)

sora87

These games were announced at gamescom

2014:
Until Dawn
WiLD
The Tomorrow Children
Alienation

2013:
Shadow of a Beast
Everyone's Gone to the Rapture
Helldivers
Rime
Resogun

Where the hell is Shadow of the Beast and Rime?! WHEREEEEEEEE SHU, WHEREEEEEEEE?

Luke_Wal

Where the hell is Shadow of the Beast and Rime?! WHEREEEEEEEE SHU, WHEREEEEEEEE?

Shadow of the Beast had some hands-on articles earlier this year, and if I recall, they said they were targeting Spring 2016. I expect to get a January or February date for Rime during the conference.

Looking forward to more WiLD and Rime.

Apart from that, I'm expecting UC4 MP reveal and the new Quantic Dream game, as well as an offical announcement of their remasters.

Everything else is a bonus.

GT and GoW will probably be announced at PSX.

Zoetis clarified that it would be better than Sony's E3 showing from a First Party perspective.

Also, I think the Big 3 was only exciting from a pure hype perspective and seeing other people's reactions to the announcements. I actually don't really care about Shenmue III or FFVII:R on a personal level. FFVIII was so much better and I simply never played Shenmue before. Last Guardian was cool, but it's also footage we've sorta seen before.

I have pretty low expectations for PGW, but here is what I absolutely expect and anything lower than my already low expectations means Sony has absolutely failed:

- They start off after a cool trailer saying you will have a good idea of what to expect next year (and we find out what you can expect is a lot of release dates)
- Open with The Last Guardian again, new demo, October 2016
- Horizon next, village with people demo, July 2016
- Rime demo, January 2016
- The Witness, new trailer and restated, PSVR support, January 2016
- Dreams 10 minute demo, our eyes melt, PSVR support, May 2016
- Singularity, new IP, Quantic Dreams, written by GOAT writer David Cage, August 2016
- No Man's Sky demo, PSVR launch support, 40$, April 2016
- Wild next, new demo, PSVR support, February 2016
- SFV, new demo & new character, February 2016
- New IP, open world horror, Sony Bend, creators of Killzone, Crash Bandicoot and Final Fantasy, September 2016
- The Tomorrow Children, new demo, March 2016
- ABZU, new trailer, January 2016
- Ni No Kuni 2 reveal, Level 5, older Oliver, they emphasize the AI will not be trash, lots more customization options in attack, variaty in familiar evolution and much more, August 2016
- Legend of Dragoon reboot, Studio Japan, creator makes a shout out to Verendus for spoiling the surprise and states he should be banned from neogaf, September 2016
- montage of indies, Sony <3s indies theme
- EA comes out, Battlefront, new demo with information
- Activision comes out, new demo and information
- 3rd party trailer of games, irrelevant
- PSVR new games announced
- Driveclub PSVR support, May 2016
- Alianation, new demo, April 2016
- Fat Princess, new demo, May 2016
- Deep Down, Capcom, June 2016
- Devil May Cry 5, Capcom, reveal, 2017
- Yuki No Setsuna "Project Setsuna", May 2016
- Dragon Quest Builders, new trailer, JP January 2016, worldwide March 2016
- Dragon Quest XI, (talks about DQH) new demo, October 2016
- World of Final Fantasy, new trailer, April 2016
- Final Fantasy XV, new demo,
June 2016 ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)&#65279;
- new F2P games on PS4 revealed
- Hot Shots Golf, July 2016
- Shadow of the Beast, May 2016
- Hellblade, Ninja Theory, actual gameplay demo, July 2016
- Uncharted 4, MP trailer reveled, new info
- Official 50$ price drop
- Gran Turismo 7, trailer reveal, create a track on day 1, PSVR support, wordplay on what they're improving, November 2016
END

Don't disappoint me Sony.

2thepoint

I have pretty low expectations for PGW, but here is what I absolutely expect and anything lower than my already low expectations means Sony has absolutely failed:

- They start off after a cool trailer saying you will have a good idea of what to expect next year (and we find out what you can expect is a lot of release dates)
- Singularity, new IP, Quantic Dreams, written by GOAT writer David Cage, August 2016
- New IP, open world horror, Sony Bend, creators of Killzone, Crash Bandicoot and Final Fantasy, September 2016
- Ni No Kuni 2 reveal, Level 5, older Oliver, they emphasize the AI will not be trash, lots more customization options in attack, variaty in familiar evolution and much more, August 2016
- Legend of Dragoon reboot, Studio Japan, creator makes a shout out to Verendus for spoiling the surprise and states he should be banned from neogaf, September 2016
- Gran Turismo 7, trailer reveal, create a track on day 1, PSVR support, wordplay on what they're improving, November 2016
END

Seems plausible.

Just add Agent, Resistance reboot and Crash and the conference should be good.

Patapwn

END

What are your high expectations? Time machines to be included with every ps4?

Philippo

-50€/$ price drop
-Quantic Dream New IP (2017)
-Sony Bend New IP (2017)
-PSVR release in Summer
-Sony London VR game (VR launch title)
-3rd party VR support
-Uncharted 4 MP Reveal
-Dreams (VR launch title)
-The Last Guardian (Fall 2016)
-Horizon ( Fall 2016)
-Rigs (VR launch title)
-Driveclub 2016 ED with VR support (launch title)
-No Mans Sky VR support (Summer 2016)
-Rime (Spring 2016)
-Shadow of the Beast (Spring 2016)
-New Sony published smaller titles
-New Indie titles
-Battlefront Launch Trailer
-AC Syndicate Launch Trailer
-BLOPS 3 Launch Trailer
-Mirrors Edge Reborn
-Ratchet and Clank Redux
-Street Fighter V New Character
-Final Fantasy XV (if the fb rumor is yo be believed)

Should be very good, even if 3rd party games will be always the same.
GT7, GOW and PS1/2 support will be saved for PSX.

and tearaway, being one of the best 3D platformers in ages, sells like ass

much hatred for what this industry has become. or ... very confused by it is a better way to put it.

Why do you care what other people like to play? Your opinion is not universal, people didn't bought Tearaway because they weren't interested by it and they have every right to feel that way.

prwxv3

END

I dont think you know what "low expectations" mean. And a ton of that stuff depends on third parties that Sony has no control of.

legacyzero

Banned
NO. MAN'S. MOTHAH. FUCKIN. SKY.

I'm willing to bet its still coming 2015. Anybody saying "April" or "Summer", etc. LOL.

I think the game is basically finished. Sean and Hello Games have been travelling to market it. Colbert, New York, festival at the end of Oct, etc.

Zukkoyaki

I loved the way they kicked off Gamescom last year. They showed new trailers for the first party line-up (The Order, First Light, Bloodborne) and then the head of SCEE took the stage and was like, "We at PlayStation love to foster creativity. Here's some weird sh**." And they proceeded to fill the show with terrific looking collaborations like Alienation and The Tomorrow Children as well as awesome indie ports and announcements. There were of course some off-beat first party games like Tearaway and Until Dawn.

As I said earlier in the thread, I expect a very similar showing this year but capped off with a major AAA announcement in the form of Quantic Dream's new game.

anothertech

END

nice list. I don't I can settle for anything less now, thank you. Also, you forgot HL3 and Crash Bandicoot Holliday 2016, ps4 exclusives.

FerDS

I need me some Rime.

I always like their gamescom conference, and usually prefer it to the e3. But they're also very different so I wouldn't take what Zoetis said so seriously.

Basically, it should be a great conference on its own

Danlord

I'm needing a release date for No Man's Sky, or at least confirmation of PlayStation VR. I can't wait until PlayStation Experience again for No Man's Sky stuff to get that information.

Last year's Gamescom is still my favorite Sony conference of the last three years -yeah, even better than this year's E3, imo-, so I have high hopes that the PGW will end up being a very pleasing experience.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I think QD's game will be the only BIG game there. I'm hoping for a complete overhaul as well. Don't want it to play like his previous games at all.

PSX has to be huge though, right? GOW4, GT7 and Bend must be there.

Ishida

Banned
Fudge that. Zoetis said this will be better than E3 and that's exactly what I'm expecting. My hype is basically through the roof right now. I can only be disappointed.

ep1I825.jpg

Zoetis is definitely legit. But there is NO WAY PGW will be even as good as E3 2015. People should keep their expectations in check.

Zoetis is definitely legit. But there is NO WAY PGW will be even as good as E3 2015. People should keep their expectations in check.

E3 2015 was a fantastic show, but 2 of the 3 trinity games are 3+ years away. If PGW brings out a great show with games releasing before 2017, I think it could top E3 for some people.

Top Bottom