• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SIE celebrates the 25th anniversary of Ape Escape and Doko Demo Issyo

nial

Gold Member

They mention that some projects regarding both anniversaries are being prepared.
Worth noting that they do this every 5 years, and those 'projects' are probably nothing more than party events, music videos and merchandising.
But, there is still a chance of new games coming out of all this, and while Ape Escape will 99% be MIA due to Team Asobi being full on Astro Bot development, Doko Demo Issyo is a relatively active series, especially with BeXide (series developer) and SIE's relationship still looking to be quite good.
Xg3vBZW.jpeg

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
How hard would it be for them to give another team the task of giving us an Ape Escape Collection? Not hard at all and its criminal at this point that this hasnt happened

Perrott

They have some nerve to celebrate an IP they abandoned.
So all IPs in their catalog have to be kept alive in perpetuity, in addition to the new IPs that need to be created so that you people wouldn't bitch about all being sequels, for them to be able to celebrate their legacy through anniversary events?

What a horseshit mentality, if you can't enjoy a 25th anniversary tweet for what it is, move the fuck on.

nial

Gold Member
How hard would it be for them to give another team the task of giving us an Ape Escape Collection? Not hard at all and its criminal at this point that this hasnt happened
I'd rather have Team Asobi make one after seeing the (outsourced) PSP remake of AE1. That was fucking horrible.
They have some nerve to celebrate an IP they abandoned.
It's sad that it ultimately died due to the constant milking the series had in 2004-2008. Tons of bad PS2 and PSP spin-offs.
SIEJ still loves the series, and there was some speculation regarding Japan Studio IDD working on a new entry a few years ago (probably the Knack team, as the director of both games previously led development on Pumped & Primed and the PS Move title).
It probably had issues in getting far along, which led to its cancellation.
If they were Nintendo then we might have hope they would bring back ape escape.
Nintendo has its vast share of dead IPs.

Last edited:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
I would rather wish Nintendo had buy RARE instead. Nintendo did a great job with Donkey Kong, so Banjo would be in good hands.
Me too. I loved rare's games on Nintendo systems. Donkey Kong 64, Jet force Gemini, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong racing, Donkey Kong country, I owned and loved most of them.

Shame Nintendo let rare go to Microsoft and had a shit output since then.

Top Bottom