• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SIERRA/REBELLION announce Alien vs Predator for PSP

(Still waiting for the official "confirmation") Sierra/Rebellion are creating Aliens vs. Predator for PSP (exclusive title). The game will tie in with 20th Century Fox's upcoming sequel, which is expected to hit cinemas in January. The story sees those naughty aliens and predators rocking up a small isolated town and making life difficult for the locals. It's a small, modern day town - Colorado-
First screens of the game (not allowed to post them here) show a third person adventure game with very nice graphics. More details soon.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Why do publishers use the PSP as the only movie franchise-related gateway?

300_Pkg_FOB_FINALboxart_160w.jpg

...wait, I guess that one is it.

Pimpbaa

This is friggin sweet. Rebellion did the first AvP game for PC and the Jaguar game. I can't speak for the Jaguar game. But the PC AvP was awesome for it's time (and much better than the monolith developed sequel).

Sho Nuff

Banned
DUDE.

Rebellion is the team that made the original AvP.

Rebellion has been going PSP-specific in the last couple of years.

THIS IS GOOD GOOD NEWS.

Markster

Robinspain said:
(Still waiting for the official "confirmation") Sierra/Rebellion are creating Aliens vs. Predator for PSP (exclusive title). The game will tie in with 20th Century Fox's upcoming sequel, which is expected to hit cinemas in January. The story sees those naughty aliens and predators rocking up a small isolated town and making life difficult for the locals. It's a small, modern day town - Colorado-
First screens of the game (not allowed to post them here) show a third person adventure game with very nice graphics. More details soon.
Unrelated to the game, but...

What.

Fusebox

Banned
"First screens of the game (not allowed to post them here) show a third person adventure game with very nice graphics. "

Awesome. I haven't been able to get into any FPS on the PSP yet and I was worried it'd be another AvP FPS.

chubigans said:
Why do publishers use the PSP as the only movie franchise-related gateway?

300_Pkg_FOB_FINALboxart_160w.jpg

...wait, I guess that one is it.
They probably figure that since people don't buy GAMES on their PSPs that they'll inadvertently dupe someone into buying one by passing it off as a UMD movie. :lol

JdFoX187

Banned
B-Rad Lascelle said:
They probably figure that since people don't buy GAMES on their PSPs that they'll inadvertently dupe someone into buying one by passing it off as a UMD movie. :lol
There was also Miami Vice on the PSP too.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
pants vs boner more like....

can the elastic stand the excitement of another awesome PSP game?

*fingers crossed for wireless lan multiplayer like the PC game*

Izzy

Banned
Robinspain said:
(Still waiting for the official "confirmation") Sierra/Rebellion are creating Aliens vs. Predator for PSP (exclusive title).

OK, here it is. PR follows:

Sierra Entertainment Creating Game Based on the Upcoming Movie in the Aliens/Predator Franchise

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Sierra Entertainment, a division of Vivendi Games, today announced the development of a PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable) system exclusive, based on the new Aliens/Predator film, which Twentieth Century Fox releases nationwide on December 25. Designed solely for the PSP System, players will become the ultimate Predator, hunting down and eliminating the Alien species in the authentic universe of the Aliens/Predator movie. The game is being developed by Rebellion, creator of the original highly acclaimed Aliens vs. Predator PC game.

"We're pleased to once again partner with Twentieth Century Fox to deliver an engaging interactive extension to the film," said Al Simone, senior vice president, Global Marketing for Sierra Entertainment. "Pitting two of Hollywood's most popular and terrifying monsters against each other, the upcoming Aliens/Predator movie will provide a gripping gaming experience for not only fans of the film, but anyone with a PSP system."

Elie Dekel, Executive Vice President of Fox Licensing & Merchandising added, "The Aliens/Predator franchise is a crown jewel in the Fox portfolio and one of the most exciting properties for interactive content. Sierra Entertainment will create a game that will keep both fans of the films and avid gamers alike engaged for hours of immersive gameplay."

In this third-person action-adventure, players will be an elite lone Predator with an arsenal of exotic weaponry and equipment at their disposal. The game will give access to advanced technologies with the Predator's wrist computer including Pred-tech/thermal vision modes and cloaking, to track, stalk and annihilate both humans and Aliens. Both classic and completely new futuristic weapons such as wrist blades, laser trip mines and dual shoulder cannons will give players the ability to eradicate all traces of the Alien race. With co-op multiplayer mode players will be able to team up with friends wirelessly to play as the Predator's comrades, attempting to withstand hordes of attacking Aliens.

To add to the game's challenging features, an honor point system will evaluate the player's success based on how closely they adhere to the Predator's value system. The higher the honor achievement, the more weapon and armor upgrades available to the player.

For more information on the upcoming movie in the Aliens/Predator franchise and Sierra Entertainment's entire line-up of products, visit http://www.sierra.com/.

About FOX Licensing & Merchandising

A recognized industry leader, Twentieth Century Fox Licensing and Merchandising licenses and markets properties worldwide on behalf of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Twentieth Television and Fox Broadcasting Company, as well as third party lines. The division is aligned with Twentieth Century Fox Television, one of the top suppliers of primetime entertainment programming to the broadcast networks.

About Sierra Entertainment

Sierra Entertainment (http://www.sierra.com/), a division of Vivendi Games, creates and publishes innovative, high-quality interactive entertainment for personal computers, videogame systems and handheld gaming devices. Sierra features a strong portfolio of titles based on original IP and popular licenses from industry-leading content partners. Sierra has four integrated internal studios providing top-notch creative talents, development capabilities across multiple genres and a global perspective: High Moon Studios in San Diego, CA; Massive Entertainment in Malmo, Sweden; Radical Entertainment in Vancouver, B.C.; and Swordfish Studios in Birmingham and Manchester, England.

About Rebellion

The UK-based computer games super-developer was established in 1992 by brothers Jason and Chris Kingsley. Major successes included the ground breaking Alien Vs. Predator on the Atari Jaguar in 1994 and Aliens Vs. Predator on PC in 1999. In 2006/7, Rebellion purchased the Core Design, Strangelite and Awesome studios establishing Rebellion as one of the largest and most innovative studios within the European development community. In 2007, Rebellion has been nominated for the 'Best Handheld Studio' and 'Business Development' awards for the Develop Industry Excellence Awards.

"PlayStation", "PS" Family logo and "PSP" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Memory Stick Duo(TM) may be required (sold separately).

Lee N

Membre
Ninja Kn1ght said:
Interesting...That might be good but movie games usually aren't. I'll have to reserve judgment until I see some gameplay.
You got that backwards, the games were released (way) before the movie.

Pimpbaa

Looks good. Kinda sucks that you can't play human and alien too. But I always found playing as a predator the most fun in the previous games. Not sure about it being 3rd person tho.

_Angelus_

Banned
santouras said:
I have to disagree, AvP2 playing as marine is just awesome

You do know that you were able to play as the marine in the Jaguar AVP,right?
I owned the game,still do. Its a fun game,though it hasn't aged well.
Duh,its Jaguar hardware.
:lol

Sho Nuff said:
DUDE.

Rebellion is the team that made the original AvP.

Rebellion has been going PSP-specific in the last couple of years.

THIS IS GOOD GOOD NEWS.
Rebellion always chooses the loosing team...
AvP on the jaguar was amazing!

Woakes

AVP 1 and 2 both had great multiplayer ( I really wish they'd appear on steam, I'm sure there'd be a pretty decent revival of MP servers ).

I'm totally bummed there isn't a proper new PC game though.

Jacobi

Banned
"The story sees those naughty aliens and predators rocking up a small isolated town and making life difficult for the locals."

Ooh, a sitcom ?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Reilly said:
Still the best AVP game.

6arg5xy.jpg
For its time, perhaps.

The game is straight terrible by todays standards, however. My favorite remains the first PC installment. Absolutely terrifying game.

dark10x said:
For its time, perhaps.

The game is straight terrible by todays standards, however. My favorite remains the first PC installment. Absolutely terrifying game.
agreed. and still replayable thanks to the randomised enemy placement. i've finished it god knows how many times now.

Pimpbaa said:
This is friggin sweet. Rebellion did the first AvP game for PC and the Jaguar game. I can't speak for the Jaguar game. But the PC AvP was awesome for it's time (and much better than the monolith developed sequel).

AVP2 had much better story wise and the marine campaign was just excellent......

Agent X

Reilly said:
Still the best AVP game.

6arg5xy.jpg

I loved Alien vs. Predator on the Jaguar! I agree with some of the above comments that it hasn't aged too well (mainly due to the choppy frame rate, which was rather low even considering the time it was released), but on the other hand the artwork and sense of atmosphere conveyed by the game still hold up.

Rebellion did an awesome job on the Jaguar game. It's great to see they're behind this new PSP game as well.

dfyb

Banned
anyone voicing the typical "movie games suck" line obviously havn't played an alien vs predator game :D

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Reilly said:
Still the best AVP game.

6arg5xy.jpg
The Capcom arcade game says hi. :D
Considering the pedigree on the PSP AVP game, I'll check it out. Why Capcom can't cut a deal with whoever holds the AVP license to get the arcade game on XBLA, I'll never know. It worked when Konami and Ubisoft teamed up to put the TMNT game on XBLA... hmm...

SappYoda

I am surprised no one is talking about it, the game looks awesome.

alien_vs_predator_pspboxart_160w.jpg

My own review:
-------------------------
Goods:
- Awesome graphics.
- Awesome score.
- Solid, smooth and fun gameplay.

Bads:
- You can only play with predator.
- No jump button.
- Maybe short (I haven't beat the game yet).

Press coverage:
IGN Preview

GrayFoxPL

SappYoda said:
I am surprised no one is talking about it, the game looks awesome.

alien_vs_predator_pspboxart_160w.jpg

My own review:
Goods:
- Awesome graphics.
- Awesome score.
- Solid, smooth and fun gameplay.

Bads:
- You can only play with predator.
- No jump button.
- Maybe short (I haven't beat the game yet).

Press coverage:
IGN Preview

What the fuck? :lol

Might aswell call the game: "Predator vs the rest."

Can you put some gameplay videos on youtube or something?

Top Bottom