• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill HD Collection |OT| Programmed in Smoke Signals

The question is, are any of the audio changes present in 2 if you use original voices?

Not sure. My mind is still warped by the performance differences. Anyway, thank you for the recommendation.

wait they took out the fucking SIREN in SH2? Tourettes Guy: ARE YOU SHITTING ME

YES THANK YOU TOMM

whew I'm so glad they informed us before I had to do something drastic like exchange the PS3 version for the 360 version. really dodged a bullet there.

Is it bad that I'm now calling Amazon to un-cancel my order?

And I would've gotten away for it if it wasn't for that meddling Tom. :mad:

Audioboxer

Remember Skyrims first PS3 patch? Also are we going to see more stuff removed from the game to improve the framerate?

Finally, you simply do not remove sirens from SH games.

Persona7

Banned
What were all the delays for if not for making sure the game is at least semi-acceptable?

I was going to exchange it for the 360 version but I am just going to take that 40 bucks and buy some DS games. This is just unacceptable.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Ahh. PS3 SH HD owners got Skyrim'd.

All the way down to the 'don't panic, we're making the game playable' thought process from the developers. So I guess in 2-3 months this should be a playable game for them.

Ah well, I had Homecoming on 360 anyway so now I have all three of them on the same console. Just glad that you guys who still have it on PS3 or are getting it will be getting a patch.

Don't panic! We just knowingly shipped a broken game without telling our customers we will patch it after it releases.

But it has releaseded.... in America at least, europe has yet to feel the pain which is why the patch comment has appeared I assume before word gets around.

I'm upset too guys.

The patch fixes the synch/framerate/sound issues in the PS3 version. If you don't like the arranged music, turning off 5.1 should revert to classic (regardless of Voice selection).

Patch should be up shortly--sorry I don't have an exact date. But it'll be days/week as opposed to months.

Try not to enjoy RE too much in the meantime : /

(This post is the opinion of Tomm personally and does not reflect Konami or its partners)

EDIT:(issues won't be present in EU release)

Persona7

Banned
The EU version was delayed again to March 30th, I wonder if they knew this was broken before hand and tried to delay it in time for a patch.

Levito

Banned
Add me to the list of people that bought the PS3 version and immediately noticed stuttering and lag, oh man this is disappointing. I hope that patch comes soon Tomm!

Also, I believe the audio changes are only present in the "new voice acting" section.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Roland Stiles said:
I'm upset too guys.

The patch fixes the synch/framerate/sound issues in the PS3 version. If you don't like the arranged music, turning off 5.1 should revert to classic (regardless of Voice selection).

Patch should be up shortly--sorry I don't have an exact date. But it'll be days/week as opposed to months.

(This post is the opinion of Tomm personally and does not reflect Konami or its partners)

Good to hear. I'll wait for the patch then.

Edit: Wait, the issues won't be in the EU release? How does.. what? How? Now I'm getting curious. Are you fixing the game before it releases next Friday?

I'm upset too guys.

Thanks, Tomm. I hope you guys are able to hammer it out quickly, for everyone's sakes.

I'm upset too guys.

Were these issues not noticed before release or is it only certain PS3's being effected?

At least RE isn't a PS2 game up ported running badly ;)

DemonNite

I'm upset too guys.

Thanks for the update.

I'll be getting this in the EU so I hope this patch works out.

I'm too pleased with Downpour to stay mad at you guys. :(

thanks for letting us know about it regardless. also, why is it that the original sound mix can only be heard without 5.1?

it sounds like the people responsible for the new mix did a lazy job and missed out certain effects (pitch, reverb etc...) or did a different sound entirely

Cudder

I'm upset too guys.

Can you fix Downpour while you're at it?

Hmm, guess I'll wait it out now. :lol Almost done with SH2 anyway. I really hope the patch comes out in days as opposed to weeks. I really wanna play this to death AGAIN, as soon as possible. >:[

Were these issues not noticed before release or is it only certain PS3's being effected?
G-Fex's stream hasn't been nearly as bad as some of the other footage. It looks like it's more of a case-by-case thing, or something wacky is going on.
Either way, glad it's being addressed.

G-Fex's stream hasn't been nearly as bad as some of the other footage. It looks like it's more of a case-by-case thing, or something wacky is going on.
Either way, glad it's being addressed.

Hmm that's what I was thinking, tho Brandons footage made me want to punch my monitor..

As said tho glad they are on it and will purchase when its released in europe with the issues ironed out.

Persona7

Banned
I'm upset too guys.

So, the EU release is getting the patch on the disk? The disks haven't been printed yet or have these PS3 issues been known for awhile? The EU versions comes out in ten days.

How about re-issuing the NA release with the patch on the disk.

Levito

Banned
I'm upset too guys.

Thank you for responding to this thread Tomm, and thank you for not brushing this off as the usual "Silent Hill Fan Rage" you're so often blasted with.

Top Bottom