• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill HD Collection's new SH2 voices revealed

Guy Cihi said:
Here is an update about the dinner in L.A. with Tomm and Devin of Konami.

At the dinner: Tomm and Devin were circumspect and reserved. Monica was mysterious and beautiful. Dave and I had been partying for two days so we were already in sync and tight. We talked about our families and other personal goings on. We had a good time! At some point I got the feeling that if I didn't ask, they weren't going to volunteer information. So I asked Tomm about the HD Collection voices and release date. Here is what he said:

The HD Collection is on schedule for Jan 2012 release. The deadline for releasing the masters to the duplicators is like, this week. All major actors for SH2 have signed releases and so the SH2 game will offer players both voices - original and new. One SH2 actor was unwilling to sign, or had unreasonably delayed signing, but he has only two lines in SH2, so Devin and Tomm decided to use the new voice for those two lines. SH3, however, is a problem. Konami people have been unable to locate/contact Heather Morris so they cannot get her to sign a rights release. I have tried to find Heather but I was unable. If you know her contact information, please tell me ASAP otherwise SH3 will not have the original voices.

I plan to do a podcast with Dena Natali at the end of this month. I will also do an interview with Luis Ricardo de Barros later this month for Brazilian fans. Please look forward to those. My next SH2 related project will be to record a Let's Play. Wish me luck!

THANK YOU ALL (even haters) for causing such a big stir about the SH2 voice actors. Twin Perfect's Rosseter and Twin Perfect's Fungo, you guys rock and deserve a special shout out. The voice comparison video definitely helped tip the scales! (Plus, my kids love it - they mimic it often.)

SH2 Fans, you have touched our hearts (Me, Dave, Monica and Donna.) You make us feel special and very happy.

We all did it together!

Eh, hopefully they will get silent hill 3 sorted or I will just happily keep my pc versions over a hd collection.

kunonabi

Isn't Heather on Glee now or was that some urban legend? I can't play SH3 without the original Heather. I wonder if it still has the videotape omitted like the later versions.

I wonder who the person in SH2 was that they couldn't finish the deal with. What male character in that game only had two lines?

EDIT: Oh...the doctor talking to James in the audio flashback near the end of the game.

I was wondering the same. Thought maybe Ernest Baldwin from born from a wish.

Edit : Teah or the doctor, that sounds like a better guess.

Cudder

Good God, this fucking game man..

Actually, this series. Between all this hoopala with the HD Collection and Downpour's producer walking off, and the game getting delayed, I wonder how much longer Konami is going to keep the series alive.

Good God, this fucking game man..

Actually, this series. Between all this hoopala with the HD Collection and Downpour's producer walking off, and the game getting delayed, I wonder how much longer Konami is going to keep the series alive.

If the second movie is just as big as success as the first then they will no doubt keep trying with the games too, too good a brand to just stop. The shit way that konami is being run makes me doubt the games will ever get good again though. Maybe one good game every now and then but Konami wants every developer in the world to have a shot with the franchise so it won't be consistently good releases like with team silent.

I was mere seconds away from posting that. Who's the one with two lines?

I wonder who the person in SH2 was that they couldn't finish the deal with. What male character in that game only had two lines?

EDIT: Oh...the doctor talking to James in the audio flashback near the end of the game.

Well that invalidates my post. I forgot about that scene. All I could think of was the dog and the game show host.

Cudder

We’re proud to announce that Silent Hill HD Collection will offer an option for original voices in Silent Hill 2. This means fans and newcomers alike can experience the classic horror tale with remastered with modern voice performances; as well as the original recordings from 2001. Producer Devin Shatsky and I have been striving to make this a reality for some time, and it’s exciting to have created the definitive SH2 experience. We would like to thank all of the original voice cast as well as Jeremy Blaustein, who were all instrumental in making this happen. Unfortunately, due to factors both technical and logistical, Silent Hill 3 will be presented with new voices only. Konami and Hijinx are working hard to make Silent Hill HD Collection a valued piece of Silent Hill history, and hope fans new and old look forward to its release in January.

Sincerely,
Tomm Hullett

The VO's in SH3 are pretty fantastic, definitely a loss here.

Guri

We’re proud to announce that Silent Hill HD Collection will offer an option for original voices in Silent Hill 2. This means fans and newcomers alike can experience the classic horror tale with remastered with modern voice performances; as well as the original recordings from 2001. Producer Devin Shatsky and I have been striving to make this a reality for some time, and it’s exciting to have created the definitive SH2 experience. We would like to thank all of the original voice cast as well as Jeremy Blaustein, who were all instrumental in making this happen. Unfortunately, due to factors both technical and logistical, Silent Hill 3 will be presented with new voices only. Konami and Hijinx are working hard to make Silent Hill HD Collection a valued piece of Silent Hill history, and hope fans new and old look forward to its release in January.

Sincerely,
Tomm Hullett

The VO's in SH3 are pretty fantastic, definitely a loss here.

They should rename it to "Silent Hill 2 Generations"

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Good to know SH2 is fixed. Not too thrilled about no original VA for SH3. Need to think about whether I should get this or just hope they'll put up SH2 separately on PSN.

Aww... Heather. : (

One is on the PlayStation Store and the other Konami believes no one wants. Also The Room isn't much of a Silent Hill game. I would have liked it, though. It was a pretty game and it had its moments.
Well, honestly, it makes sense to not do SH4. The number of people that liked it versus those that liked SH2/3 are significantly smaller. I would have liked it, but it just won't happen any time soon.

wait SH3 with new Voices ONLY??

why??

:/

It's posted on this very page...

SH3, however, is a problem. Konami people have been unable to locate/contact Heather Morris so they cannot get her to sign a rights release. I have tried to find Heather but I was unable. If you know her contact information, please tell me ASAP otherwise SH3 will not have the original voices.

Funny how Konami went from "Guy Cihi has no rights blah blah blah" to being so scared that they won't even use the voice of someone they can't find.

After seeing the somewhat disappointing (rumored) screenshots in the MGS HD Collection thread, wanted to ask: How do the PC versions hold up?

Amazing well.

ibnNYzRgOhazrm.png

iiYThwaZzV9up.jpg

iS7R1hNlX4s4s.jpg

ibahVnPEOiLNDE.jpg

Ridley327

Heather is the one voice from the original games that should still be used. Of course that's the one that can't be obtained.

I found out today that the VA for Leonard is the same guy who plays the boat captains in the Asylum films that always dies.

I think that makes him a truly great man.

stupei

It's posted on this very page...

Funny how Konami went from "Guy Cihi has no rights blah blah blah" to being so scared that they won't even use the voice of someone they can't find.

Probably a good reason for them to worry now. If you do start to set a precedent of having almost your entire cast sign contracts, if Heather Morris or someone else were to come forward and say they never signed anything having all those other signatures would make them look bad if they went ahead without just one or two.

Horrorcast did a podcast with Guy Cihi last week, who explains a bunch of stuff about SH2, including the entire story of the SH2 HD Collection voiceover fiasco and why he changed his mind from pursuing money for past games to gathering all the previous voiceactors to waive their rights.

http://blip.tv/still-gaming/horrorcast-ep-04-interview-with-guy-cihi-part-1-5773241

http://blip.tv/still-gaming/horrorcast-ep-04-interview-with-guy-cihi-part-2-5790776

http://blip.tv/still-gaming/horrorcast-special-interview-with-guy-cihi-part-3-5816514

Top Bottom