• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories announced for Wii/PS2/PSP for Autumn 2009

I can't link the site because it's banned, but Nintendo-Go has a new issue of Nintendo Power and Silent Hill is on the cover.

It's not a remake or a port, but rather a "re-imagining" of the original game.

Can somebody please upload that pic for us GAFers?

Papercuts said:
What's with all the legit announcements on today of all days?

This isn't a press release - it just so happens to be the day someone got their sub issue.

Anyway, looks like a SH1 remake. Could be cool...

EDIT:

Just had another look. Seems to be a "reimagining" that moves toward the look of the film (I'm sure that Cybil is a lot closer to the film version)

goldust.jpg

markatisu

From NP

“This is a reimagining of the first Silent Hill,” explains producer Tomm Hulett. “It’s not a remake or a port. That’s an important distinction. It really feels like a new game.”

KZObsessed

“This is a reimagining of the first Silent Hill,” explains producer Tomm Hulett. “It’s not a remake or a port. That’s an important distinction. It really feels like a new game.”

Interesting. I'm just playing through the first SH on PSN for the first time. <3 Silent Hill.

...and the speds at Go Nintendo failed to notice that the cover also confirms a new Rayman title (the rumoured one) - Rabbids Go Home.

Wait...is that a new Rayman Raving Rabbids game (Rabbids Go Home?) I see on the cover?

EDIT: Beatin by Cosmonaut X
EDIT 2: :lol u silly GAFers.

Sounds great if handled with care. Isn't Origins already supposed to be a re-imagining of the first, though? Why not create a new storyline?

dyls

On one hand, SH 1 is my favorite of the series.

On the other hand, the ratio of new games to remakes/re-imaginings/spinoffs/ports on the Wii just continues to get more out of control.

birdchili

"feels like a new game"

(but isn't *actually* a new game)

we'll see. first dev to make an original, quality scary/exploration game for wii gets my money.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Going by that one scan it looks like there's pointer control for the flashlight, at least.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
MiketheBSG said:
Wait...is that a new Rayman Raving Rabbis game (Rabbids Go Home?) I see on the cover?

EDIT: Beatin by Cosmonaut X

riiiiight.... cause their the first ones to say that.....

/smirk

dyls said:
On one hand, SH 1 is my favorite of the series.

On the other hand, the ratio of new games to remakes/re-imaginings/spinoffs/ports on the Wii just continues to get more out of control.

At least this one makes sense, like REmake did on GameCube. Now the REmake port on Wii? Take it up with Crapcom.

Vinci

Danish
Easy_D said:
Going by that one scan it looks like there's pointer control for the flashlight, at least.

Someone had to do it. I mean, it's only the most obvious use of the Wiimote. Ever.

Well, maybe a lightsaber.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
*looks at scans* I just can't believe the Japanese teams have nothing to do with this series anymore.

Fourth Storm said:
Sounds great if handled with care. Isn't Origins already supposed to be a re-imagining of the first, though? Why not create a new storyline?

Origins was a prequel to the original.

Top Bottom