• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 3 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.
2WP3eXF.jpg

Season 3 of Silicon Valley, a Mike Judge comedy, premieres on Sunday, April 24th at 10pm on HBO. The show takes a look at startup culture in Silicon Valley and has drawn comparisons to Office Space and Party Down from critics. The third season will consist of 10 episodes.

Trailers:
xwyolXG.jpg

News:
Poster:
Cd2WonHW8AE3Jba.jpg

GIFS:

bunbun777

So my roommate is cousins with the new girl actor, he just told me she's coming for a visit soon, I'm a teensy bit skeptical but who knows if I get a pic with her I'll post it here.

hermit7

I love this show.

Hopefully there is a little success this season in terms of their company, that I probably my only complaint is this feeling of constant failure.

Geist-

This week? Holy shit, that's an unexpected surprise. Count me as excited.
I love this show.

Hopefully there is a little success this season in terms of their company, that I probably my only complaint is this feeling of constant failure.
If it follows the trend of the other shows, it will be failure, after failure, then success, then something goes wrong that makes it a bittersweet ending.

Anung

Un Rama
Can't wait for this!

As funny as this show is (and its damn funny) I've got to admit I was totally invested in the dramatic angle of the final third of the second season. Was legit gripped.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Can't wait. Hope they can get away from the terrible S2 plot pacing though. Watching an entirely new disaster every single episode, only to be saved by dumb luck, to then stumble into yet another disaster was pretty tiring. Thankfully the outstanding writing and characters kept it worthwhile.

- Comedy Bang Bang podcast: Silicone Bralley Poo Crew
Thomas Middleditch, Kumail Nanjiani, and Martin Starr of HBO’s Silicon Valley are back to give us the inside scoop of what we can look forward to in the 3rd season of their show on this week’s Comedy Bang! Bang! They’ll also take some calls from around the world, talk about Kumail’s amazing experience on the set of The X-Files, and tell us about their “Rude Boys” scooter crew. Later, aspiring stand-up comedian Turd Dunkweed arrives to talk about the night Kumail discovered him while performing his act at an open mic at Meltdown Comics.

lush

Can't wait. Hope they can get away from the terrible S2 plot pacing though. Watching an entirely new disaster every single episode, only to be saved by dumb luck, to then stumble into yet another disaster was pretty tiring. Thankfully the outstanding writing and characters kept it worthwhile.

They described season 3 at SXSW as "bummer after bummer after bummer."

So glad this is finally coming back. Going to run through the show again in preparation.

I cant tell which I am most excited for, this or the new Game of Thrones season. Good thing I don't really have to decide tho, both on the same night, woohoo!

iammeiam

Aside from the bottle on the delete key, I thought season 2 did a pretty decent job of playing out things going horribly wrong in ways you wouldn't predict but that fell within easy suspension of disbelief, with the end of the finale being great victory and defeat at once.

Also, as silly as the storyline is, I am 100% rooting for Bighead as new Hooli boss. He is the anti-Richard.

TylerD

I don't care if they keep getting shit on in Season 3. This is far and away my favorite comedy show in a long time.

Bring it on.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Yeah, that got old real fast. Let's hope things are different this yea-

They described season 3 at SXSW as "bummer after bummer after bummer."

ugh

Kalentan

Yeah... Honestly I hope things turn around cause they have been treading the line of making viewers not give a shit anymore. Sometimes it's good to have good things happen and not be followed up by something shitty. If everything good ends with something shitty invalidating it, then you just don't care anymore and just turn off the show.

Aww yes! I hadn't been keeping up. I had no idea another season of Silicon Valley would be coming alongside Game of Thrones. Awesome!

I wouldn't necessarily take the "bummer" comment at face value given that it was a sarcastic quip from the start of a Nerdist interview where they're drinking. Who knows if that's actually the case. You can check the clip here.

Yeah, he's definitely got his "jokey" face on, but honestly, Silicon Valley has always been full of "bummer" moments -- it's kind of a part of the series.

Also, they look and speak almost as nerdy in real life as they do in the show, lol.

Also from SXSW:

- Silicon Valley panel from SXSW 2016
HBO’s Emmy-winning and Golden Globe-nominated comedy series SILICON VALLEY has been lauded for its hilariously spot-on depiction of Silicon Valley tech culture by audiences and critics alike. What has the feedback been from the tech community itself? How has the reaction from that community impacted the show and its cast? Going into its third season, SILICON VALLEY cast members Thomas Middleditch, Kumail Nanjiani, Martin Starr and Zach Woods, joined by executive producers Mike Judge and Alec Berg, return to SXSW for a discussion moderated by writer and filmmaker Steven Leckart.
Lots of complaints in the comments about the moderator, but people seemed to like the actual Q&A.

Silicon Valley has always been full of "bummer" moments -- it's kind of a part of the series.
It's a tough balance to strike because they can't be overwhelmingly successful as that would to some extent defeat the purpose of the show. But at the same time, throwing them a bone every once in a while is necessary.

ugh I wrote up a whole post and then it didn't go through for some reason. Summary: Yes the wins are great, and all the Ls make the wins sweeter, but overall as long as the show is funny I'm good.

the host of the SXSW interview was the WORST - I never complain about hosts if they can get through somehow but have to here. He sat there slack jawed with seemingly zero questions prepared?
I think almost any random fan of the show could have done a better with just 30 minutes of prep googling up some questions. It was a huge missed opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom