• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Single-Player Gamers Rejoice!

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
What a fantastic time for single-player gamers! The doom and gloom rhetoric that "single-player gaming is dead" was always a little bit overblown... but there was definitely some prospective truth to it... atleast in the "AAA" space. But honestly, the amount of incredible single-player games that have released recently, and the new single-player games on the horizon is pretty staggering.

What single-player games have you enjoyed or are most looking forward to this year? Please discuss next year also.

Just a few from 2023, I won't list them all! This year is stacked!

Released
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Tears of the Kingdom
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • RE4
  • Dead Space
  • Jedi Survivor
  • Hi-Fi Rush
  • Metrodi Prime Remaster
Upcoming
  • Starfield
  • Baldurs Gate Tres leches
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Avatar Frontiers of Pandora (yes I know, has CO-OP, but looks to be a narrative driven experience)
  • Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 (yes I know, has CO-OP, but looks to be a narrative driven experience)
And a ton of indie titles, I'll just include one that I have really enjoyed. Please tell us about your favorite indie single-player game of this year!
  • Warhammer Boltgun
342c93883563dcee4bf02e1a34231053.gif

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Wait....Baldur's Gate doesn't have co-op like Divinity 2?

Armored Core has had co-op and PVP in the past. 4 and For Answer...I believe Armored Core 3 had co-op too. Not sure about that.

Is AC6 single player?

Mr Moose

Armored Core has had co-op and PVP in the past. 4 and For Answer...I believe Armored Core 3 had co-op too. Not sure about that.

Is AC6 single player?
It has split screen co-op I think.

oji-san

Banned
Atomic Heart was also fantastic, the closest we got to a BioShock game and in some aspects even better IMO.

Still didn't play and really want to:
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • RE4
  • Jedi Survivor
Amazing year.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Where… the… hell… is… System Shock in your list?!

It’s been a great year indeed so far. Loved RE4 and System Shock, liked Dead Space, Hogwarts and Jedi Survivor. Enjoying FF16 currently. Diablo 4 after that, then I may dip into BG3, dunno, until Starfield. This will prolly keep me ocupied until Alan Wake 2.

Glad that despite all the doom and gloom SP games are still being made.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Atomic Heart was also fantastic, the closest we got to a BioShock game and in some aspects even better IMO.

Still didn't play and really want to:
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • RE4
  • Jedi Survivor
Amazing year.
Dude I knowwwwwwwwwww. Why do people hate on Atomic Heart. True the first few hours difficulty scaling is...a little rough, but once you get goin with your skill tree and weapons, you get pretty unstoppable. And the boss battles are some of the most unique visually that I've ever seen.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Dude I knowwwwwwwwwww. Why do people hate on Atomic Heart. True the first few hours difficulty scaling is...a little rough, but once you get goin with your skill tree and weapons, you get pretty unstoppable. And the boss battles are some of the most unique visually that I've ever seen.
Atomic Heart was SOOOOO good.

Mr Moose

What about PC? :(

I sent them an email, and they confirmed split-screen will be featured on PC on launch:
Yes, that will be on PC, as well. The FAQ on the support site is referring to the Early Access launch. I will update that.
Is there multiplayer in Early Access?
Yes, there will be 4 player online multiplayer, but split-screen will not be available until launch. In 4 player online multiplayer, players can either start a multiplayer journey together and both create their own custom character (Origin characters will not be available as main player characters at the start of Early Access) or join a friends single player game during the adventure. In this case they will take over a companion.

Will there be split-screen in Early Access?
Split screen will not be available on Early Access, but will be available on launch.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member

My desk fits one, me...and I'm a 200lb+ me. Dude I was honestly hoping I could play with DOS2 buddy through the game. I'm is slightly sad.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I almost pulled the trigger on buying it recently... but the super chatty and modern sounding protagonist gave me pause. Is the game better played in Russian?
No idea I don't do Russian. EDIT - I thought the incessant talking was hilarious, but you can turn it down the amount of talk in setting if you don't like it. Oops I was thinking of High on Life. ignore that.

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
I almost pulled the trigger on buying it recently... but the super chatty and modern sounding protagonist gave me pause. Is the game better played in Russian?
It's on Game Pass so you could try it there if you don't want to risk it. I liked the MC and his sidekick, and played it in english, was awesome.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I never tried it in Russian and I agree the chatter is........it's kinda cringe, ngl....but you learn to kinda tune it out. At least the pervert store/upgrade machine calms her mechanical tits as you go along in the story.

Is AC6 single player?
Even 1 had split screen pvp, pvp has always been a backbone of AC. Some game magazine in the late 90s used to have a section just for armored core builds, haha

that being said, for me, Im excited about AC6. I also finally got around to beating Elden Ring, DS3's dlc and Bloodborne this year too, so all of those, lol. Im not good at playing current year games.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
It's on Game Pass so you could try it there if you don't want to risk it. I liked the MC and his sidekick, and played it in english, was awesome.
I don't have internet where I live so no Gamepass for me or multiplayer... hence why I am the type of person to make this thread :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Eiknarf

Banned
According to MathChief on YouTube, all these are coming up;

A Quiet Place
Airtight City
Alone in the Dark
Arc Raiders
Arizona Sunshine 2
Ashfall
Blade Runner 2033
Blight Survival
Boundary (2024)
Crimson Desert
Crysis 4
Dead City
Enenra
Fort Solis
Ghost Runner 2
The Grass of Genesis
Gray
Ill
Judas
Luna Abyss
Mafia 4
Moon Mystery
Negative Atmosphere
Neo Berlin 2087
No More Room in Hell 2
Nobody’s Left
Out of Action
Payday 3
Pioneer
Pine Harbor
Pragmata
Project M
Project TH
Quantum Error
Rooted
Six Days in Fallujah
Stray Souls
Super 1337
Tenet of the Spark
Towers of Aghasba
Transience
Unrecord
Vorax
Vreski’s Game
Wronged Us

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Upcoming
  • Starfield
  • Baldurs Gate Tres leches
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Avatar Frontiers of Pandora (yes I know, has CO-OP, but looks to be a narrative driven experience)
  • Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 (yes I know, has CO-OP, but looks to be a narrative driven experience)
one-piece-kaido.gif

I like to hear the excuse of why Armoured Core VI is not included on this list.

Last edited:

SEGA_2012

We have quantity , unfortunately not quality. The only good game so far is TOTK, the rest is a sea of mediocrity.
For the future, i am looking forward to Alone in the Dark and maybe Alan Wake 2 and Super Mario RPG.

Top Bottom