• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls Encore heading to NA PSN February 11th.

IG1yPQM.gif

El Sloth

Banned
They will begin uploading it and a plane will crash into the the data line just before it hits the PS3 servers :(
Doesn't seem randomly disastrous enough. What if it was a meteor that hit the plane and Grace Chen was on it meaning that PSN will never be updated again?

EU PSN am cry. Also EU XBL am cry. But I'm not am cry as I'm playing it on PC. Because I own the game on all three platforms.

Can't wait to get people to pick up SGE in Manchester.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Game's now up, though no message on "upgrading" in my PSN inbox yet. Squigly's up as well along with the Character Color Bundle being free.

Ravidrath

So I talked to Sony, and they said that the XMB message would go out tonight around 9-10 PST.

It was originally scheduled for last night, but the system can only send out vouchers for games that are already published. So we missed that.

And the XMB broadcasts always happen at that time, so it's not possible to change that.

Sorry for the unexpected additional wait.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So I talked to Sony, and they said that the XMB message would go out tonight around 9-10 PST.

It was originally scheduled for last night, but the system can only send out vouchers for games that are already published. So we missed that.

And the XMB broadcasts always happen at that time, so it's not possible to change that.

Thanks for the answer, and no problem. Waiting isn't a problem since we are eager to get the game that everyone have been pouring their souls and energies into. Same for DLC character too.

Ahh man, can't wait for Encore!

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication!

weaKwillO

Thanks for the update! My brother and I were wondering.

FluxWaveZ

Ah, gotcha.

.la1n

Aw that sucks I had the night off and was looking forward to playing it, makes sense though. Thanks for the update.

Replicant

It's still $14.99 for me while the Squigly and Color Bundle are free. This is weird. I assume I'd need to wait for the mail to download the actual game?

Why can't Sony just make it free instantly on the store just like the Squigly and Color Bundle?

EDIT: Oh. It looks like mail is needed.

Ravidrath

Seeing reports of people getting their vouchers on Skullheart, so hopefully it won't be too much longer for everyone else.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Checked my XMB inbox this morning (7 AM EST) for the account I bought it on & nothing. Guess it'll be there after a few hours of college.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't assume I need to have the game actually installed, so I? Just in my download history? I removed it a while back to make room for Encore & other things.

Ravidrath

I sent an e-mail to Sony checking up on this, since right now it seems like a vast majority of our users haven't gotten their codes yet.

Sorry for the inconvenience - this is out of our hands, but I'll keep at it until everything's resolved.

mao2

I sent an e-mail to Sony checking up on this, since right now it seems like a vast majority of our users haven't gotten their codes yet.

Sorry for the inconvenience - this is out of our hands, but I'll keep at it until everything's resolved.
Thanks Ravidrath. Hopefully our codes will arrive soon.

El Sloth

Banned
Guess I should post this here too. From the SG Facebook page:

Good morning, everyone! We understand that quite a few people still have not received their vouchers for their upgrade to ‪#‎Skullgirls‬ Encore.

First, some clarification: the vouchers being sent out are for the US PSN version only. We'll have news on the EU PSN version, the JP PSN version, and the 360 version soon. The US PSN version was the first to make it through the approval process.

Second, we sincerely apologize for the delay in receiving the vouchers. We are trying to get word from Sony on the status of the messages. There are several thousands of them that are being sent out, and we don't know how long it's supposed to take for all of them to reach their destination. We are told that this is only the second time Sony has ever done anything like this.

Lastly, because Sony is sending the vouchers out, we unfortunately don't have a way to check on the status of individual vouchers, and have no way to speed up the distribution process. A number of us at the office still haven't receive ours either.

If we receive any word from Sony regarding the situation, we'll post about it here on our page and on our twitter account: @Skullgirls

For those wondering, we would have loved to submit a patch update instead, but since we switched publishers, it wasn't possible to do so with the way PSN is set up.

We are sorry for any frustration or inconvenience caused.

Flowmoney

I got the voucher at like 2 am Est time , just started downloading it currently though.

Thought it would come late today and wasn't anticipating it.

Ravidrath

OK, so, I just got an update from Sony.

They looked into it and found that there were (for some reason) two paid versions of Skullgirls on PSN. When they initially compiled the list of people that should get vouchers, they only pulled the customers from one of those two versions.

They've now compiled the list of all the people that bought the other one, and those vouchers should broadcast tonight. Same thing as last night: upload around 9 PST, hopefully in your box within an hour or two after that.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience on this.

dan2026

The amount of shit this game has gone through beggar's belief.

At this point I smell conspiracy. Nobody can be that unlucky.

i-Jest

OK, so, I just got an update from Sony.

They looked into it and found that there were (for some reason) two paid versions of Skullgirls on PSN. When they initially compiled the list of people that should get vouchers, they only pulled the customers from one of those two versions.

They've now compiled the list of all the people that bought the other one, and those vouchers should broadcast tonight. Same thing as last night: upload around 9 PST, hopefully in your box within an hour or two after that.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience on this.

Appreciate the status update.

https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/433733338927341568

@Skullgirls It's been brought to our attn that there's someone on PSN with the acct name "Skullgirls" sending out fake codes. We sure hope they stop! :(

What a jerk.

Internet anonymity brings out the worst in some. Dudes a real prick for that.

Top Bottom