• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

He likely saw the news, decided to get the new characters later, and that later never came.

But since Ravid has already addressed the issue, we don't need to keep piling on him.

I feel like getting back into playing Skullgirls. I just hate practicing more than an hour, and I'm unable to learn match ups from what I've remembered facing against Beats. I don't recall how many matches we've played, probably a lot. I wasn't able to grasp anything during those matches. I don't mind taking losses, but what frustrates me the most is losing so many matches and not learning from it. This goes for any other fighting games I've played.

Checked my mail and I got the skullshirt and some cards today. I'm glad I went with the medium size because it fits perfectly. I should give my rower some appreciation by cleaning it more often. Can't wait to see what else I get from the IGG campaign. Peter must be super happy that the physical goods are finally reaching people's hands haha. Coordinating the physical rewards must have been tough as hell.
He likely saw the news, decided to get the new characters later, and that later never came.

But since Ravid has already addressed the issue, we don't need to keep piling on him.
Same here

I've seen like seven posts repeating the same thing and it looks ridiculous.
I feel like getting back into playing Skullgirls. I just hate practicing more than an hour, and I'm unable to learn match ups from what I've remembered facing against Beats. I don't recall how many matches we've played, probably a lot. I wasn't able to grasp anything during those matches. I don't mind taking losses, but what frustrates me the most is losing so many matches and not learning from it. This goes for any other fighting games I've played.
Maybe you should find sparring partners you can talk with? If you are on steam I'd be glad to play and impart advice afterwards.

And you're typing it in during the Autumn Games/Lab Zero/etc pre-credit roll? That does sound odd.

What type of keyboard are you using? Does it have any trouble with any other apps/programs on the console?

I tried out Eliza in training mode. I did two combos with her along with her super then Valentine's EKG Flatliner. But it's very basic, and not damaging. I still need to look for a combo that does damage.

It took me longer than it should have to figure out that Eliza can bypass Double's car super with her DP. I know it's strange, but I'm using Eliza in place of Ms. Fortune right now, and I really wanted everyone on my team to have an attack that gives them invincibility frames just so I can avoid that super.

It took me longer than it should have to figure out that Eliza can bypass Double's car super with her DP. I know it's strange, but I'm using Eliza in place of Ms. Fortune right now, and I really wanted everyone on my team to have an attack that gives them invincibility frames just so I can avoid that super.

That's an oddly specific purpose to build a team around. Do you find yourself getting hit by it that often?

I tried out Eliza in training mode. I did two combos with her along with her super then Valentine's EKG Flatliner. But it's very basic, and not damaging. I still need to look for a combo that does damage.

If you're just looking for something quick and dirty then why not try ...

-whatever- cHP jHP -airdash- jMP jHP -land- LK MK HKx2

That's an oddly specific purpose to build a team around. Do you find yourself getting hit by it that often?
I didn't build my team around it, it's more of an obsessive-compulsive desire to have everyone in my team be able to do that. Parasoul's my main, and I'm just used to using the invincibility frames in her Napalm Pillar to avoid the car. If Eliza couldn't, then it would bother me, but I'd get over it and just block the car.

If you're just looking for something quick and dirty then why not try ...

-whatever- cHP jHP -airdash- jMP jHP -land- LK MK HKx2

Thanks. I can only get that to work for big characters like Double. I try to do the same sequence with Squiggly, and I couldn't get her to land.

Thanks. I can only get that to work for big characters like Double. I try to do the same sequence with Squiggly, and I couldn't get her to land.

On lighter character you should be able to do cHP jMP jHP airdash jMP jHP to get the restand.

On second thought you should also be able to do something like ...

cHP -> jHP airdash jMP jMK -land- cMK (timed so that you catch them from the air) HPx3

None of these are super optimized combos of course, but they do work for getting some quick meterless damage on the opponent. Remember that ideally you should be looking for opportunities to reset your opponent into doing more damage, there's very little incentive to just ending a combo in a super unless you're killing your opponent with it.

On lighter character you should be able to do cHP jMP jHP airdash jMP jHP to get the restand.

On second thought you should also be able to do something like ...

cHP -> jHP airdash jMP jMK -land- cMK (timed so that you catch them from the air) HPx3

None of these are super optimized combos of course, but they do work for getting some quick meterless damage on the opponent. Remember that ideally you should be looking for opportunities to reset your opponent into doing more damage, there's very little incentive to just ending a combo in a super unless you're killing your opponent with it.

For the first combo sequence, I tried that on Peacock and Filia. But it just pushes them down more and I couldn't get jHP to connect. Even if I did get it connect, I couldn't follow up with wavedash jMP. I tried the second combo sequence, and I couldn't get jMK after doing jMP with them. Do I have to delay when doing those sequences? I always end my combo with a super because I don't know any good reset options for Eliza.

Beowulf is super silly and I love it.

Really excited to play him, and though it's early days I'm terrified at the shenanigans he'll be able to pull off with mic. drop overhead. Last week Mike specifically said that he wouldn't be able to combo off of it but it's clear he's able to go into Chair Launcher off of it now this week. It's going to depend pretty heavily on what options he has after doing Mic. Drop but I'm already envisioning situations of combo strings ending in MP and your opponent having to choose between a low assist or the overhead into reset.

And is no one thinking about the setups a person is going to have with the cMP assist? Knockdown anyone into that thing and proceed to have what is essentially free reign on your opponent whenever they're forced to auto-tech the throw.

I was not excited in the slightest when Beowulf was confirmed to be the second fan voted character but as someone who used Sasquatch in vsav and grapplers in pretty much every arc sys fighter, to see Beowulf as a combination of those elements in a single character is pretty fantastic. He genuinely looks like a blast to play already and we still haven't seen what Mike's planning to do with his hype building mechanics, grab followups, and chair shenanigans.

OR2uzYC.gif

I really love this get up animation.

For the first combo sequence, I tried that on Peacock and Filia. But it just pushes them down more and I couldn't get jHP to connect. Even if I did get it connect, I couldn't follow up with wavedash jMP. I tried the second combo sequence, and I couldn't get jMK after doing jMP with them. Do I have to delay when doing those sequences? I always end my combo with a super because I don't know any good reset options for Eliza.

Hmmm ... I might be dumb. Does doing cMK before the first cHP launcher help any? I'm finding that doing that gator normal before going into air strings helps immensely with getting your opponents at the proper height for all of the combos I've been listing. Whoops, lol.

As for resets, Poccola went up against a pretty great Eliza on his channel recently, might be worth picking up some of the stuff he's doing and applying it to your own game.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn2V0ug1a4o

Hmmm ... I might be dumb. Does doing cMK before the first cHP launcher help any? I'm finding that doing that gator normal before going into air strings helps immensely with getting your opponents at the proper height for all of the combos I've been listing. Whoops, lol.

As for resets, Poccola went up against a pretty great Eliza on his channel recently, might be worth picking up some of the stuff he's doing and applying it to your own game.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn2V0ug1a4o

Nice video. I can't help but to be amazed by Poccola's Parasoul, I want to be decent with her like this him and Uzu. I checked out Skullheart forum for Eliza's combos, some uploaded their videos of her combo and they look sick.

Beowulf is super silly and I love it.

And is no one thinking about the setups a person is going to have with the cMP assist? Knockdown anyone into that thing and proceed to have what is essentially free reign on your opponent whenever they're forced to auto-tech the throw.

Can't you tech cMP? I remember Mike saying something about being able to tech that move, otherwise you just automatically escape eventually.

Maybe I misheard, but in any case it does sound like a neat assist if it really can't be teched like a regular throw. I like how Beowulf's looking so far, especially how his grabbing mechanics work. His cossack dance ender is only one of the things he can do off of his grab? The possibilities of his grabs also interacting with the chair make Beowulf a very intriguing grappler. I'm excited!

Rivitur

Banned
I looked into this, and unfortunately Typing of the Skulls currently doesn't work on the 360 version of the game at all. Sorry about that. Not sure if it'll be added later.
Thanks. I don't think they tested it lol. A day after it was supposably out I looked for videos or any info on 360 and didn't find a damn thing other than it saying it was out for Xbox but apparently that's not the case.

Rav why u do dis? (> ;_;)>

Any good Parasoul's mid combo?

Parasoul mid combo
c.lk -> c.mp -> c.hp -> j.mp -> j.hp -> lp. napalm toss -> j.hp -> st.mp -> b.hk -> dash -> j.lk -> j.mp -> j.lp -> j.mk -> j.hp (When the character stands after that, the infinite prevention system occurs when I do her st.lp or st.lk)

Should I add anything else to this combo sequence or disregard it?

Speaking of keyboard support. On the PS3 Mike wanted to allow keyboards as controllers in actual gameplay but was stopped because the api had issues with simultaneous key presses. Does this problem (or any new problems) exist on PS4?

My indiegogo rewards came in the mail yesterday. Nice shirt, probably should have gotten it in something other than Black. Could make signatures hard to see. And I love the postcards

oooooo

It might not be huge but it would be awesome to see something nuts like SG2. I'm guessing it's a neat PS4 exclusive feature?

---

Just beat Eliza's story mode. Really solid.
Holy WTH at the post-credits scene. Is that a hint at the story beyond the current status quo?
Lots of new backstory info which is also super awesome, although one thing near the end makes me think:
Are Aeon and Venus dead in the SG timeline then?

I have Eliza's combo, but not sure if it's good. This works in the corner and mid screen. I need to try this combo on Peacock since she's the smallest character in the game. But I'll do it it later.

c.lk, c.mk, c.hp
j.lk, j.mp, j.hp
adc, j.mp, j.hp
st.lp(x3), st.mk(x2 or x3), st.hp(x2) xx Dive of Horace
st.lk, st.mk(x2 or x3), st.hp(x2) xx hk.Osiris Spiral
xx Lady of Slaughter

Let me know what you guys think. Should I add anything else to the sequence?

Top Bottom