• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sky Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
http://www.skybluethemovie.com/

poster.jpg

Did anyone catch Sky Blue, the anime from South Korea directed by Kim Moon-saeng? This project was showcased at the recent Sundance, Venice, Tokyo, and London Film Festivals, and it looks promising. Word has it that it's like a fusion of Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, and Princess Mononoke.

Impressions of it would be great. ^_^

achilles

Originally titled Wonderful Days, it was released quite a while ago in Korea. The graphics are amazing, on par with Appleseed, but even that couldn't keep me from (literally)falling asleep.

Meier

I thought it was pretty good -- the animation/background art is stunning although sometimes the characters stand out a little bit. Was a bunch of hype around it when it came out in Korea a few years back (as mentioned, under the title Wonderful Days).

nas said:
Originally titled Wonderful Days,

Thought so. Why would they rename it? Wonderful Days is a great title...Ah well. The Animation is really great, but some of the CG is awful. Decent plot. It's worth watching.

aoi tsuki

i'll have to see this again, because i remember the actual animation to be a bit lacking in some scenes, though the post work and CG was generally beautiful. Boring overall though.

FnordChan

I saw this last weekend at the Nevermore film festival in Durham, NC and was underwhelmed. There's a lot of Akira in there, plus a bit of Metropolis, and it just isn't as good as either one. The animation varies wildly; sometimes it looks rather nice, sometimes it's crap, and the integration of the 3D bits is a mixed bag.

That said, it's not awful by any means...it just isn't that great. Of course, it probably didn't help that I saw the dub. Kudos to to everyone involved for giving it a solid go, and better luck next time.

FnordChan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom