• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skydance Marvel Game to be titled 'Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra"

I have a really hard time playing action games(with people) that are rated teen. Lack of gore/blood really takes me out of the immersion. It's one of the reasons why I'm excited for a game like Wolverine compared to this or Indy. Especially for a game set during WW2

Marvel games would make just as much money(probably more) if all their games were rated mature

Last edited:
Well it's up to the devs to find the balance between badass superhero moments and calmer scenes, as well as feature the heroes posing as civilians from time to time (if possible). I've never had the urge to play as Alfred or Gordon when doing Arkham games.
I don't necessarily crave it either, but those characters might make some seasoned comic fans more excited? Or the opposite? But an Aflred game (very much like Gollum) can work, if done right. Adding them in the whole picture can add stuff, the viewpoints of those not protected by usually inhuman strength and just alter a possibly repetitive loop pretty much anything with presumable 10+h runtime must have. So I do not mind having some intermezzo scenes within the high octance blockbuster hero stuff if not done cheaply and jarringly. Better than offering me f-ing Ms Marvel as the main character in Avengers and making Hulk and Cap the side characters. That felt almost offending even though it was not actually bad. Worse was definitely that all the heroes played like three types with skin changes and renamed powers, all sharing the same missions and some felt very out of place with their human powers.
Should not happen in this game. At least the core premise is right up my alley.

Hudo

I have a really hard time playing action games(with people) that are rated teen. Lack of gore/blood really takes me out of the immersion. It's one of the reasons why I'm excited for a game like Wolverine compared to this or Indy. Especially for a game set during WW2

Marvel games would make just as much money(probably more) if all their games were rated mature
Sony should enlist of its first-parties to make a "AAA" Deadpool game.

Trailer looks promising. I hope the shield throws will be just as fun as The Avengers Cap gameplay or better.

Why? This reflects the current arc this forum is on. The arc will keep occurring and derailing threads until a majority finally agree that enough is enough. We’re not there yet though.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Salz01

I think it looks better than I thought it would be. I hope it is uncharted like. The character models especially on Black Panther look good. I hope Amy pulls this off.

Well it's up to the devs to find the balance between badass superhero moments and calmer scenes, as well as feature the heroes posing as civilians from time to time (if possible). I've never had the urge to play as Alfred or Gordon when doing Arkham games.
True, but in your specific example, multiple people have wanted more narrative gameplay involving Bruce Wayne.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Is this the first game by the studio? I’d temper expectations.
First game from a studio run by the person responsible for Uncharted.

She was making an awesome Star Wars game at Visceral but then EA shut them down. So she went and made this. It looks amazing.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The event where that engine runthrough was demoed is still going. Epic will likely post that up as a segment after the State of Unreal livestream finishes. You can rewind the livestream to catch it too, but there's no timecode to link to yet.

EDIT: Clip is out.

OH..............MY.....................GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was real-time. WTF?! UE5 is a monster! So we finally getting the most out of these new\standard consoles now huh? I'm only playing this game on a PS5 Pro.

OH..............MY.....................GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was real-time. WTF?! UE5 is a monster! So we finally getting the most out of these new\standard consoles now huh? I'm only playing this game on a PS5 Pro.
The footage shown was running at real-time...on a high-end PC. Expect things like resolution and LOD to be dialed down quite a bit once real footage running on current consoles is shown.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The footage shown was running at real-time...on a high-end PC. Expect things like resolution and LOD to be dialed down quite a bit once real footage running on current consoles is shown.

Oh okay. That's expected. This darn near looks a generation ahead of even Spiderman 2 even. I can't for them to show me what that PS5 Pro do.

Top Bottom