• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Gigantic Info Flood And Screens [Update: Tons Of New Info In OP]

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
This will be the game where I actually consider playing as the Khajiit.
My initial character will probably either a Nord or an Imperial. I'll roll a Dunmer eventually, and I might tackle one of the beast races, too. So far, I've only beaten Morrowind as a Dunmer, and Oblivion as a Dunmer, Imperial and Bosmer.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Qwomo said:
Yeah, I've never wanted to play as a dirty furry in a video game before I saw these screens -- plus I hated the Khajiit because they looked dumb in Oblivion. But now... now everything's changed.

I got to agree here. The Khajiit look like they can rip your head from the spinal column and come in for seconds with other people. I could never get into Oblivion than I did Morrowind, but this looks like to be the best fantasy setting game yet.

Fou-Lu

Haha, awesome. I have a friend who is an orc lover, but he swore off ever using orcs in Elder Scrolls because of Oblivion. After he sees this... I think he'll be breaking an oath.

Can't wait to see some mer and some brets.

Orgun

Aaaaaaaalll ooveeer my faaaaaaayaaaace!

XK7dD.jpg

Winter is coming.

Getting a serious 'A song of ice and fire' vibe from some of the skyrim shots.

Game continues to just amaze me. I really feel that Beths is really dedicated to fixing (or at least attempting) the visual problems of previous games. I can't wait till we see more of the games animation, but if these screens are anything to buy, I expect it to be pretty awesome. I'm pretty excited for this game. One of the most exciting releases this year that's for sure. I love me some Elder Scrolls.

moojito

I hope they think up some better way to disguise the level of detail effect. Coming out of the sewer on the 360 version (of oblivion) and seeing a practically barren hill opposite, with a couple of trees dotted here and there was a bit underwhelming compared to the pc version. GTA 4 did a really good job of blurring distant stuff without it looking rubbish.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Just imagine Fallout 4 with this new revised engine that Beths's cooked for us. It'd look amazing <3

I'm starting to retroactively hate Oblivion with all these stuff coming out about Skyrim. I think that's a good sign. Also, show the ps3 version.

Wark

I really like how detailed the Khajiit and Orc look in those screens. Is the Argonian race confirmed to be in this game? I'm pretty psyched to see how they would look in this game.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Ickman3400 said:
Fixed for the hope of rpg fans everywhere.

Hoping this will be their next big project, with plenty of time of polish, then I'm sold. New Vegas>F3

Ok Bethesda, this new eye-candy makes me happy.

I've immersed myself in your worlds containing barren facial expression and robotic animation. If you can improve on these two aspects, I will be very content.

Also is Soule confirmed for the soundtrack? The trailer song sure did sound like it came from his mind.

I'm relly hoping I can role a decent stealth character without it permanently ruining my ability to fight tiny weak enemies.

glaurung

Orcs look real good now. I never cared for them in Oblivion wherein they looked like someone had beaten a human with an ugly stick.

I hope they can deliver such graphical fidelity on the consoles.

EDarkness

Let's hope the animation is good, but at least the art for races we've seen so far looks okay. That's always been the reason I've avoided their games. If it's better, then I'm game to give the game a serious consideration.

The new Orcs and Khajiit look pretty badass, but I'm hoping the character customization will allow me to make a black character that isn't stuck with the Redguard skill set.

Gattsu25

Banned
The only races I care about are Argonian and Redguard.

One of the first races they show off are the Khajiit? Really?

:(

The Khajiit looks amazing, excited about that. As usual, for me, playing as that race depends on how they implement Night Eye however. Loved it in Morrowind, couldn't stand the "son of a shit there's blue everywhere!" in Oblivion. If it don't look great I'll stick with Detect Life.

Ceebs

Something looks off about this game to me. Something about it looks like all the "next-gen" games from 3-4 years ago with the everything looks wet and runny textures. Those environment shots I can make everything out fine, but it all looks like it's blending together.

JoeBoy101

Welp. I may, MAY, have to go Orc Barbarian for first playthrough instead of second. He just looks incredibly awesome with the dredlock mohawk.

Tobor

glaurung said:
Orcs look real good now. I never cared for them in Oblivion wherein they looked like someone had beaten a human with an ugly stick.

I hope they can deliver such graphical fidelity on the consoles.

Every screenshot they've shown so far has been from 360, is there any reason to assume these aren't the same?

JoeBoy101

Blue Ninja said:
A new IGN article has been put up. Updating the OP.

Attributes are gone? Not sure I like that. I mean FFS, do ALL rpgs have to be streamlined to pseudo? What's the point in different races than but asthetics? Bad decision here.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Attributes are gone? WTF?

VG24/7 said:
Instead of appearing in the box at the bottom, text appears slap in the middle of the screen, along with your choice of answers. You’re also able to look around the environment while you’re talking to characters, with the text sticking in view no matter where you point the camera

Well, this will be modded out with a quickness. Who thought text being in the middle of the screen no matter where you're looking would be anything but annoying?

Ranger X

Persuasion mini-game gone ---- thank fucking god.

Sometimes there are details I find tedious and/or annoying after a while. I'm glad Skyrim is straightening some stuff. Hopefully the game feels more focused.

Anyhow, I can't wait, I am such a bitch for this game!!

In that IGN article I spent more time reading about things that were stripped out than anything else. Yeah I already knew most of the stuff being taken out but when you spend all that time talking about it it really sinks in. I'm glad they took out that persuasion minigame but they better have some kind of speech/persuasion skill.

JoeBoy101

Tobor said:
I would have guessed this when they got rid of class selection. It's all handled through perks and leveling.

Well, I can understand class selection as classes before were only a preset selection of skills and didn't offer anything substantial beyond that. Attributes being gone bothers me more because stats have mattered in the past for calculating skill levels.

WanderingWind

Blue Ninja said:
According to IGN, the text will be in the middle of the screen, but not very intrusive.

Joystiq has an article, too.

I'd say you can't get more intrusive than in the middle of the screen and will not disappear when trying to avoid the conversation. Well, maybe the forced zoom in of the previous game, but it still sounds needlessly annoying. Kind of like the "now loading" text that popped up all the time before it was modded out in week 2.

WanderingWind

Joystiq said:
the game will scale along with the player up to the Level 25 cap. Also, the skills have been simplified to three categories: magicka, health and stamina to make the RPG elements slightly more streamlined..

Goddamit.

Top Bottom