• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim Has Now Sold More Than 60 Million Copies, According To Bethesda

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has been ported and re-released on just about every platform under the sun at this point, and it appears to have paid off for Bethesda. Speaking to IGN this week, the game's director Todd Howard revealed how the legendary action RPG has now sold over 60 million copies worldwide since its arrival in 2011.

"We're sitting here, it's 12 years after Skyrim, we're looking at a game that has over 60 million copies [sold]."

According to GamesRadar+, this makes Skyrim the "seventh best-selling game of all time". It's placed it behind a number of other titles that have been re-released across multiple generations such as Tetris (520 million), Minecraft (with 238 million sales), Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto V, and Mario Kart 8.

More at: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...-than-60-million-copies-according-to-bethesda

Eo-gXtIXMAU_zei.jpg

Last edited:
Your opinion man.
Beat the game and dlcs and between skills not working properly or cavets and npcs having hidden skills that works only on the player, its boderline boring.

I found character progression to be very liberating. Came up with a stealth build, that came along very nicely.

Could've easily spent 200 hrs maxing it out. But stopped cause don't wanna play 2 Bethesda RPGs back to back.

It could be better with mods, but I normally don't use them in any of the games I play, especially first playthrough.

Saber

Gold Member
I found character progression to be very liberating. Came up with a stealth build, that came along very nicely.

Could've easily spent 200 hrs maxing it out. But stopped cause don't wanna play 2 Bethesda RPGs back to back.

It could be better with mods, but I normally don't use them in any of the games I play, especially first playthrough.

I don't. But maybe because I started as a battlemage and the magic build in conjunction with austistic spell costs made it a terrible experience. Not to mention most of unique/rare weapons I like either have weird passives or can not be refined at all. Silver weapons are my favorite weapons, but without refine they are pretty useless.

Thats why the game turn to be fun once I put mods. In my game I never experienced things or got some rewards because of bugs(never got the Master Healing spell for instance). But when I restarted the game with the unnoficial patch, the experience got alot better since alot was either balanced or fixed.

Stuart360

It will have.
Look at fallout 4 steam chart. Hasn't gone under 10k. The mods will make this game live long.
Its crazy really when you imagine what kind of mods could be made for a game like Starfield, especially when modders have 1000 planets to play with.

Mithos

Sold or "copies" people own?
I mean they gave Skyrim SE away for free to EVERYONE that owned Skyrim: Legendary Edition (Steam) at one time, do they count that as "two" sold copies?

RagnarokIV

It's going to replace Doom as the meme target game. It's what people will try to port and get running on anything and everything as IoT advances make random shit get more powerful in the future.

The OS of the digital library management system on your electronic bookshelf in 2037 will be modded to run Skyrim.

Boy, these replies.

* I thought it was at 100 billion copies, so this number is lame.
* I own 94 copies, so in reality, its the same handful of gamers buying it. Lame!
* It's available on my blender, so if you do the calculation, it only sold to Nine skyrim fans who own millions of appliances. Lame!

You guys are hilarious.

anthraticus

Banned
Whoop de damn do.

People like crap. McDonald's sells tons of shitty burgers and Marvel/Disney makes shitloads on lame movies too!

anthraticus

Banned
"Show me on the doll where Skyrim hurt you"

Yuck. Hate that ugly ass big head style. Only thing I'd do with that crap would be to toss it in a fire..lol

Pjn2ITi.jpg

At least they made it moddable and something like Enderal possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom