• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim Has Now Sold More Than 60 Million Copies, According To Bethesda

R6Rider

Gold Member
They would sell one more copy from me if they release a psvr2 version..
The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

I'd probably buy it again as well.

Last edited:
Say whatever you want about it, Skyrim did revolutionize the RPG genre. I say this as someone who doesn't like Skyrim at all (I finished it once back in 2013). I couldn't stand the combat because I got spoiled by Dragon's Dogma, but as a proper RPG, this game is legendary.

The game is alot of fun once you get mods. But base game itself is a boring as fuck...when it works.
I'm sure there are some good mods, but I never understand this attitude that vanilla isn't good. Skyrim may not be as good as Morrowind or Daggerfall, even Oblivion in some ways but it's still a very solid game even at vanilla. I did a run through last year without mods, just dlc/expansions and it was excellent. At least for me. But I'd say the same about Morrowind which I also beat vanilla last year and loved every second of it. Well, I did use OpenMW but that was mostly for resolution fix and whatnot. So take it with a grain of salt, but I have always loved me some Elder Scrolls. The wait for VI has been painful.

Saber

Gold Member
I'm sure there are some good mods, but I never understand this attitude that vanilla isn't good.

Resume real quick since I feel lot of people get touchy every time I critic this game:
- Too much RNG handling. Skyrim is basically a random stuff generator that feels awfull as you want to explore, with rewards that only truly shines as you get high level
- Too much randomness on enemy scalling. Some dungeons have 1 static enemy sure, but mostly are random generated taking into account your level
- Almost basically every mechanic in this game doesn't work as it should. Magika regen get heavy penalty when you enter combat for instance, but that doesn't applies to enemies which make enemies mages looks like have infinite magika(rendering lightning spell useless)
- Most of enemies have hidden skills and better scalling just to break the rules themselves created
- Too heavy in favor of frost resistance. Because the way Skyrim is structure to have good amount of Nords, the game disfavors frost builds thanks to a huge cast of enemies naturally resistant to it
- Bugs(alot) that impedes some random encounters to even activated or work properly
- My favorite: imbalance on spells, with non sensical spell costs that even perks can't handle unless you use the 100% reduction cost trick

And so on, I could keep here all day telling all that is wrong with this game and wouldn't make a difference.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
What percentage do you believe will those sales be on PC vs. Xbox?
I really don't know. I would have to pull that out of my ass. PC + Xbox Series X/S + Xbox Next + Xbox Next Next. 12 years of Skyrim sales covered 3 generations of consoles. 50/50?

Robochobo

BghQQ4d.png

60 million copies is far to few sold in relation to what could be considered the Citizen Kane of modern gaming. Multiple game of the year awards and various other achievements, such as having multiple versions of the game on the same console, PS4 has 3(!) so imagine the amount of work it took for that to happen. Anything less than 100 million is a travesty and I dare say a billion is just the beginning. - John Smith from Rockville, Maryland.

Tetris and Minecraft numbers include releases that weren't the same game so that's cheating a little.

Skyrim is the best selling rpg of all time by a lot. I think second is 3 Pokemon versions put together that make up only half of that.

tusharngf

Say whatever you want about it, Skyrim did revolutionize the RPG genre. I say this as someone who doesn't like Skyrim at all (I finished it once back in 2013). I couldn't stand the combat because I got spoiled by Dragon's Dogma, but as a proper RPG, this game is legendary.
you should try out novlus ascension mod pack it has modern combat system like NIOH

Last edited:
Behold one of the greatest experiences in gaming. We are lucky ones. Just like living the same time in history as Messi.
Bugs, glitches are nothing compared to what I felt playing Skyrim and listening to Jeremy Soule's OST.

Last edited:
Top Bottom