• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: New(er) Screenshots and Previews

I totally got my new entertainment center set up for this game. Now I can enjoy it in 3D on my monitor in my room, or on the big screen/comfy couch in the living room. :) Best of both worlds.

Here's a new PS3 Collectors Edition unboxing. It's nice to know that the PS3 version actually exists.

Can't believe that they blacked out the xbox buttons from the Qore video feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmwNljueNCg

Maybe worth posting in the youtube comments asking for some impressions. I'm sure it isn't totally broken but not showing any footage this close to release is crazy.

What's the best deal for this game on PC in the US? It's steamworks so I should be able to grab a boxed copy and redeem. Thinking about the B2G1 from Target/Amazon/BB.

Wondering if I should snag this up or not. The game looks great - but also thought the same about Oblivion/Morrowind, but for some reason I couln't get into them either.

Loved Fall Out 3 / New Vegas, I also love fantasy/swords & sorcery type settings - so seems like the these games would be a perfect fit for the type of games I generally enjoy.

Woorloog

Banned
Gvaz said:
That's why you shouldn't play on consoles. 512mb of ram is LOL
Non-representative picture. New Vegas is overall all right looking (but among the ugliest games still).
That said, too bad my laptop can't run it above low-mid settings, definetly would like a lot better textures, better body models, and a bunch of other things better... (I have 360 version)

Wallach

GreekWolf said:
Yep, Uncharted and Gears certainly have crummy textures LOL

Maybe, it's more about the dev and not all about the hardware?

Yeah I'm sure if Uncharted was the size of Skyrim it would totally run just fine with textures that size.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Why has Bethesda ignored all the calls for some PS3 footage? Are they hiding the fact that the PS3 version is going to be sub 360? or are they just showcasing the Lowest quality so people don't get high expectations?

I mean were 7 days away from release and all we were told is a few weeks / months ago that the PS3 was getting heavy attention (Which sounds like it's having problems and were trying to fix it) to me..

Im seriously worried if the game will be a bad investment on PS3 at this point and about to cancel my pre-order due to the blackout of anything other than 360 footage.

Signed
The PS3 Internets.

Gvaz

Banned
GreekWolf said:
Yep, Uncharted and Gears certainly have crummy textures LOL

Maybe, it's more about the dev and not all about the hardware?
You're comparing a multi plat game with exclusives. Exclusives don't have to cater to also running on the other system or on PC so they can implement lower level code. Your argument is invalid.

GreekWolf

Gvaz said:
You're comparing a multi plat game with exclusives. Exclusives don't have to cater to also running on the other system or on PC so they can implement lower level code. Your argument is invalid.
On the contrary, it's more than valid, considering your comment specifically mentioned the limited amount of ram in consoles. As far as exclusives vs. multiplat is concerned, we've had several examples of stellar work across all platforms. Batman AA and Dead Space both come to mind.

The point stands... quality and polish are just as much a reflection of the developer, as hardware consideration.

Mad_Ban

Didn't Hines say all the released screenshots have been a mix of footage from all platforms? I guess we've seen the PS3 version, we just have no idea which one it is :p

Kajiba

Need that OT. Should put it up at 11:11am lol. Blue ninja is still doing it right?

Also Skyrim premium theme is up on xbox.

Kajiba said:
Need that OT. Should put it up at 11:11am lol. Blue ninja is still doing it right?
QUIT EXPOSING MY PLANS DAMMIT.

I was gonna do it on 11:11 GMT, but got delayed a bit, so I'm waiting for EDT (which is Bethesda time, I think).

Blue Ninja said:

I was gonna do it on 11:11 GMT, but got delayed a bit, so I'm waiting for EDT (which is Bethesda time, I think).
Ha, that's awesome. Can't wait to see it, man.

Gvaz

Banned
GreekWolf said:
On the contrary, it's more than valid, considering your comment specifically mentioned the limited amount of ram in consoles. As far as exclusives vs. multiplat is concerned, we've had several examples of stellar work across all platforms. Batman AA and Dead Space both come to mind.

The point stands... quality and polish are just as much a reflection of the developer, as hardware consideration.
Dead Space doesn't exactly push any buttons, and batman would perform better on PC if it was exclusively built for it.

However going along with your argument, that means the fault lies mostly with the engine the game runs on and the optimizations made for it, for example Oblivion.

Nakasan

Blue Ninja said:

I'm genuinely logging on every 30 mins just to check out the OT i hope you know. ahhh videogames... No better hobby in the world when it's in the right hands!

Nakasan said:
I'm genuinely logging on every 30 mins just to check out the OT i hope you know. ahhh videogames... No better hobby in the world when it's in the right hands!
It's a hype-building excercise. :lol You won't be disappointed.

At least I hope not.

Blue Ninja said:

At least I hope not.

While waiting, Dovahkiin Helm My Geralt?

Can't wait to see the OT. The wait for the game is, at this point, excruciating.

GhaleonEB said:
For some reason I always play as female characters in RPGs when I have the option. Getting in touch with my feminine side, I guess.
Have you played Mass Effect? Femshep is the only way to go, thanks to the amazing Jennifer Hale's voice acting.

Nakasan

Blue Ninja said:

At least I hope not.

I'm sure i won't be! I caved in on my media blackout last night, seen every last crumb of official media released so far so shouldn't have anything to fear in the OT. it keeps getting better and better! Still nervous about ps3 though, argh!

Woorloog

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Have you played Mass Effect? Femshep is the only way to go, thanks to the amazing Jennifer Hale's voice acting.
Renegade FemShep doesn't sound right, not forceful enough. Renegade MaleShep and Paragon FemShep is the way to go.

Woorloog said:
Renegade FemShep doesn't sound right, not forceful enough. Renegade MaleShep and Paragon FemShep is the way to go.

I think Renegade FemShep sounds better, absolutely ice cold. Renegade ManShep comes off as a bit of a high school jock douchebag to me.

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
I think Renegade FemShep sounds better, absolutely ice cold. Renegade ManShep comes off as a bit of a high school jock douchebag to me.
Agree.

And yes, I will have a female character in Skyrim eventually. First I'm doing my main spell/sword, then my thief archer, and finally my pretty female mage.

piratepwnsninja said:
While waiting, Dovahkiin Helm My Geralt?

Can't wait to see the OT. The wait for the game is, at this point, excruciating.
Yeah, sure, thanks for reminding me.

Still waiting for a PM from Nick Breckon, too.

Woorloog

Banned
At time Renegade FemShep is very awesome, both have their ups and downs.
Sarcasm is one thing i think MaleShep is always better at. All relationships work better with FemShep.

But enough about that.

Did anyone leak full perk listing yet?

Hyphen

Mad_Ban said:
Didn't Hines say all the released screenshots have been a mix of footage from all platforms? I guess we've seen the PS3 version, we just have no idea which one it is :p

He did indeed say that, and as a result, it's the only thing I can cling to in terms of hoping for a decent PS3 version. Nevertheless, I'm still quite bewildered by the complete lack of any official "this is PS3 version" footage/screens.

hemtae

Woorloog said:
Oh, nice. Thanks. Now all we need is racial abilities... Too bad my CE game guide probably won't come before the actual game :/

Didn't we get the racial abilities some time ago, when we got the screens of the various races from the journalist?

Apparently the CE edition of the guide is only available in the US and Canada. I ordered the paperback version, that one better make it to Europe or else.

Woorloog

Banned
hemtae said:
Didn't we get the racial abilities some time ago, when we got the screens of the various races from the journalist?
Rough list, no details and no all abilities listed and no skill bonuses (for every race at least).

GasProblem said:
Apparently the CE edition of the guide is only available in the US and Canada. I ordered the paperback version, that one better make it to Europe or else.
I ordered CE guide in Finland from cdon.fi. So it should be available in Europe as well.

Wallach

hemtae said:

We know the names but I don't think we have seen any of the details/values for them. We also haven't gotten any specifics as to the racial skill starting bonuses that I am aware of.

GasProblem said:
Is the only difference hardback vs. paperback?

Woorloog

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Is the only difference hardback vs. paperback?
CE Guide is more comprehensive, has access to online interactive map and probably something else. IIRC. Checking...
EDIT strike the comphrensive part. Interactive map and hard covers.

ironcreed

Banned
ksimm said:
Hmmm think I may get the CE guide, the Dragon Age one I got was really nice.

Yep, guides are a rare deal for me. I only by them for games I deem to be special and of course this game more than qualifies, more so than any for me. I'll be getting the CE guide as well.

Top Bottom