• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim PS3 patch 2.01 is out. (at least in Europe)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I honestly can't even tell... the leveling in this game throws me off sometimes.

Like I will friggin' ruin a dragon w/o any trouble... only to get OHK destroyed by a bear ten seconds later.

It's befuddling.

I honestly can't even tell... the leveling in this game throws me off sometimes.

Like I will friggin' ruin a dragon w/o any trouble... only to get OHK destroyed by a bear ten seconds later.

It's befuddling.
I like the game a lot but this is pretty annoying, that's why I save so often, the difficulty is uneven at times. Everything could be going well, next thing you know your dead.

frequency

All of these issues have really made me lose my interest in the game. I haven't even played for 5 days, and I think I might just sell my copy and be done with it for good.

Me too. I was super hyped and was really enjoying it. But there are just too many good games for me to spend time on this buggy mess. I haven't played it in over a week. Didn't even bother to get the new patch after I read some of the comments on how it doesn't fix it in this thread.

Now there are even more bugs. I'm done with this game. It will be the first game in like 20 years of gaming that I trade in. As much as I enjoyed Morrowind and Oblivion, I may just be done with Bethesda.

My standards are higher and my time more limited now. I don't have the time or the drive to put up with unfinished products.
I'm sure I'm going to miss out or whatever, but it's not like there's a shortage of good games that'll take up my gaming time.

picked up a copy hearing the save bug was improved to the point I will probably not notice it.

Now I see the patch caused a bunch more problems.

God damn Bethesda I want to play your stupid game. STOP BREAKING IT!

Man really glad I decided to hold off on buying this. Built up a black friday backlog of all the releases I missed this year. Will hit this next year.

The patch improved the framerate significantly for me. My savegame was around 13MB and went down to 11MB post patch and I can wander around the main cities without it resorting to a slideshow. It's not perfect by any means, but at least it's an improvement.

It's definitely hard locking on loading screens far more often though. 2 steps forward 1 back I guess.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yea, been holding off on playing too far into my copy since launch for the 360 texture bug to fix via patch. Now I have to unplug my console to avoid downloading this new broken patch just to play??

Trading my copy in. I'll snag the inevitable GotY edition next year that hopefully gets this shit sorted out.

cnizzle06

Banned
Jesus Christ. This is ridiculous. I had little to no complaints about the PS3 version before the patch, but now my framerate is fucked. And now as I'm typing this, I'm going into about 10 mins on a load screen. Model is still rotateable, facts are still being presented, but the game refuses to continue.

Gibbles17

Brutal that all versions are borked now one way or another. Came across like 3 backwards flying dragons today and couldnt get a single one to attack me. They'd start flying normally then hover and zip backwards across the screen at mach 1. Whenever I get close the same fucking thing happens. How the hell do I get them to fight me now? Anyone else come across this?

Number45

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/

Updated 12/6: While the 1.2 update fixed the long-term play issues for most PS3 users, we are aware that is not the case for some. We’ve been reaching out to a number of those users to collect save games, so we can take a look at their specific issues. Right now we know it’s not one thing, but a combination of smaller ones that some folks are seeing, but others are not. Some seem to be the PS3 autosaving in the background (you can turn that off), some may be SPU AI updates, and some may relate to dynamic system memory allocation. These fixes are not in the current 1.3 update that is in final testing, but will be in future ones. We understand how frustrating it can be when your game is having issues, and we thank all of you for your continued feedback and patience. Rest assured we take your gameplay experience seriously and will continue working on this until it’s resolved.

This is not the impression I've been getting.

My policy on Bethesda releases is to wait for a GotY version, so I get DLC for free along the inevitable patches that actually make the game playable. Working great since Morrowind.

Brutal that all versions are borked now one way or another. Came across like 3 backwards flying dragons today and couldnt get a single one to attack me. They'd start flying normally then hover and zip backwards across the screen at mach 1. Whenever I get close the same fucking thing happens. How the hell do I get them to fight me now? Anyone else come across this?

Yep, most dragons I can't fight anymore, and resistances are fucked. Ice mages kill me in 1-2 shots now. I can be doing fine fighting a bunch of mage type enemies but if there's an ice one in there I'm fucked. I was having fun playing on Master difficulty prior to the patch. Now it's just way too frustrating to play.

LiK

Patch 1.3 is out on Steam.

Release notes:

Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)

•General stability improvements
•Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
•Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
•Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
•Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
•Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
•Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
We’re also planning on rolling out support for 4-Gigabyte Tuning (Large Address Aware) next week for our PC users. Stay tuned!

360 and PS3 patches submitted for cert

Hobbun

I really wanted this game. But with the unpatchable issue for the PS3, can't justify spending the money.

Only way I'll buy it if Bethesda makes a statement that they are going to actually fix the cause, not just try to patch it, and the game gets a rerelease. And of course, I would hope they'd have a replacement program for those who have already bought the game.

However, we have a better chance of the world ending next December than this happening.

They are just going to say 1.2 fixed the PS3 issues and stick to it no matter what.
Not at all, nick knows there are problems.

If it helps, I really am sorry you guys are having issues. Like the post says, we know how frustrating it can be when you run into problems. The team has been working hard to address this stuff as quickly as possible, and we're pulling in all sorts of data based on user save files to make sure it's as comprehensive a patch as it can be.

GhaleonEB

They are just going to say 1.2 fixed the PS3 issues and stick to it no matter what.

While the 1.2 update fixed the long-term play issues for most PS3 users, we are aware that is not the case for some. We’ve been reaching out to a number of those users to collect save games, so we can take a look at their specific issues. Right now we know it’s not one thing, but a combination of smaller ones that some folks are seeing, but others are not. Some seem to be the PS3 autosaving in the background (you can turn that off), some may be SPU AI updates, and some may relate to dynamic system memory allocation. These fixes are not in the current 1.3 update that is in final testing, but will be in future ones. We understand how frustrating it can be when your game is having issues, and we thank all of you for your continued feedback and patience. Rest assured we take your gameplay experience seriously and will continue working on this until it’s resolved.
http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/

Same people who said the issue was fixed long ago, what they forget to include it with release? Sorry but I don't believe anything they say at this point, I hope I'm wrong though. I don't believe it fixed most users, or even any that have played long enough. They'll go for low hanging fruit to act like they care (turn off autosave lol) but they won't tackle the big sucker all the way at the top.

Hobbun

Well, that's promising at least that Bethesda is still trying their best to fix the problem. But if the problem is because of how the game engine interacts with the PS3 (which is what I have heard), the only way to fix it would have to rewrite how the engine works with the PS3. And I don't see that happening with a patch.

genjiZERO

Same people who said the issue was fixed long ago, what they forget to include it with release? Sorry but I don't believe anything they say at this point, I hope I'm wrong though. I don't believe it fixed most users, or even any that have played long enough. They'll go for low hanging fruit to act like they care (turn off autosave lol) but they won't tackle the big sucker all the way at the top.

what I don't get it how they weren't aware of the problem in the first place. Didn't they test the product? If so, then I don't see how this isn't a case of simple fraud.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Then I might start playing this again soon. Does the 360 certification take long or could we see this before the weekend?
It used to take a week or so, but Infinity Ward has been pushing out MW3 title updates almost immediately after they're completed lately. I don't know if that means the process can be expedited, or if they have some sort of special clearance. I guess we'll have to see how long this one takes.

Top Bottom