• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs 101 trailer - RDR style

2San

So are there any impressions on how the PC version runs. I'm considering getting this day one.
The game probably didn't look like this when Acty dumped it. Plus it was a True Crime game: A series almost nobody gave a shit about once San Andreas came into existence
Activision was the one that renamed it with True Crime, it was supposed to be a new IP.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Woah i'm surprised by those review scores.

Day 1 if the PC version doesn't have any issues.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha from the gameplay demo:

sleepingdogs.jpg

You can level up your FACE??!! Nice.

This game looks cool and all, but I've always been let down by open-world games like GTA4 and RDR so I'll probably give this one a pass, unless I can get it for like $30 on 360.

Derrick01

Banned

See that's something that could have backfired horribly because it makes no sense at all but it's so goddamn weird I can't help but laugh. I also thought it meant literally too low at first, so I was pretty confused.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

sleepingdogs.jpg

This game looks cool and all, but I've always been let down by open-world games like GTA4 and RDR so I'll probably give this one a pass, unless I can get it for like $30 on 360.

Well GTA4 was utter trash so dont feel bad.

I dont know if anyone else feels the same as i do, but i actually put this game in the same class of sandbox games as Batman Arkham City more than in the GTA4, i feel this is an action adventure game that just so happens to be in an open world.

UrbanRats

sleepingdogs.jpg

Pic doesn't show for me, what should i see?

Pic doesn't show for me, what should i see?

The main character standing shirtless in a clothing store/clothing customization area. There's a greyed out accessory display on the left showing an item called "Respectable Face" and the description says "Wear this item to receive 5% bonus Face XP."

There's a pop up window appearing that says "Your face is too low to pull this off," indicating that the player's face is not strong enough to use this item. There's some of the menu HUD on the right that has some Chinese characters with "Number One Clothing" next to it which is possibly the name of the clothing store, "Jogs™ experience! Go online now by pressing the Xbox Guide but-", a window that says "Bearded Dragon: The name says it all," which costs 750 HK dollars and "Face: Level 0" indicating the player's face has not leveled at all.

Karak

Honestly. Was not on my radar simply because...it just didn't seem good. But the reviews, yes even the official mags reviews(I have seen them HAMMER the shit out of games in the past) makes me happy.

UrbanRats

The main character standing shirtless in a clothing store/clothing customization area. There's a greyed out accessory display on the left showing an item called "Respectable Face" and the description says "Wear this item to receive 5% bonus Face XP."

There's a pop up window appearing that says "Your face is too low to pull this off," indicating that the player's face is not strong enough to use this item. There's some of the menu HUD on the right that has some Chinese characters with "Number One Clothing" next to it which is possibly the name of the clothing store, "Jogs™ experience! Go online now by pressing the Xbox Guide but-", a window that says "Bearded Dragon: The name says it all," which costs 750 HK dollars and "Face: Level 0" indicating the player's face has not leveled at all.

Ah, thanks for the detailed description.
The pic is showing now, anyhow, weird stuff.

Drewsky

I'd never even heard of this until last night just browsing GAF and found this thread. Now I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it.

Munin

sleepingdogs.jpg

They most likely don't literally mean your face. But the Chinese concept of face. Which they probably use as some sort of karma/honor system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_(sociological_concept)

Top Bottom