• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4) - $10 Digital Download

gogosox82

Is this edition good? I keep hearing mixed things about it. Some people praise it, some people say it has performance issues.

Isn't this port bad?

It's not terrible like other people are saying, but, aside from the new models, it's probably one of the most barebones efforts put towards a remastering. The dlc included and 1080p is nice, but the 15-30 fps is going to bother some people.

KingWool

Banned
It's not terrible like other people are saying, but, aside from the new models, it's probably one of the most barebones efforts put towards a remastering. The dlc included and 1080p is nice, but the 15-30 fps is going to bother some people.

15-30 FPS is unacceptable and not worthy of a purchase.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wait... Amazon sells digital versions of games? Does their 20% discount on preorders thing work for digital?

Sorrt it's ot, just curious.

Quotient

I picked up the definitive edition on a steam sale. The game just couldnt get me hooked. I found it rather boring.

benzy

Found this to be way better than any of the Batman games. Worth it.

uLFMMnm.gif

KingWool

Banned
Wait... Amazon sells digital versions of games? Does their 20% discount on preorders thing work for digital?

No it doesn't. Wish it did. They sell their codes at whatever the manufacturer tells them to sell it st. Never a discount unless the publisher says to. Which for Nintendo games is never.

Kyoufu

They've been selling digital versions since the PS4 launched and no, Prime discount is for physical only.

impact

Banned
This version is garbage, avoid.

They ever fix it for PC at least? I know people were saying performance was much worse on the DE for PC than the original, which is a shame because the vanilla is one of the best optimized open world games I've ever played. And it's about time for a replay because Sleeping Dogs is fucking godlike.

I liked the original just fine but this is one of the least necessary remasters ever. Also I'm still cranky that the developers patched out the ability to mix and match clothing from different outfits.

RobNBanks

Banned

Prime Exclusive Savings
20% off new physical video games during pre-order through two weeks after release

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No it doesn't. Wish it did. They sell their codes at whatever the manufacturer tells them to sell it st. Never a discount unless the publisher says to. Which for Nintendo games is never.

They've been selling digital versions since the PS4 launched and no, Prime discount is for physical only.
Ahh okay, thanks. Kinda sucks.

This version is garbage, avoid.

PS4 Definitive Edition is, by far, the best console version of the game. It's just not the PC version.

And I assume someone excited by the $10 PS4 edition is looking for a console version ... because it's $7.50 on Steam right now.

Warxard

Banned
They ever fix it for PC at least? I know people were saying performance was much worse on the DE for PC than the original, which is a shame because the vanilla is one of the best optimized open world games I've ever played. And it's about time for a replay because Sleeping Dogs is fucking godlike.

I don't believe so, then again I still play Vanilla SD on my setup
PS4 Definitive Edition is, by far, the best console version of the game. It's just not the PC version.

The PC version of DE is also shit. Awful performance drops, unexplained lighting removal, screen tearing for $60? Fuck outta here

It was garbage on Xbone. My old ass computer ran it smoother.

Edit: although that was the original game I had on spac. Not the update.

I should point out that there are two PC versions of this game: the original release and Definitive Edition. The DE runs much worse and the visual quality isn't that much different. They definitely fucked something up when they made Definitive Edition, which is why it has performance issues in all platforms.

Mortemis

Banned
What's the difference between the original and the DE on PC? Is whatever new that's included worth the performance drop then?

What's the difference between the original and the DE on PC? Is whatever new that's included worth the performance drop then?

No, but the problem is that they have taken the original game off Steam. You can still find keys for it, though. The DLC for the original is still being sold on Steam too.

Mortemis

Banned
No, but the problem is that they have taken the original game off Steam. You can still find keys for it, though. The DLC for the original is still being sold on Steam too.

Well that's shitty. I was planning on building pc soon and waiting till then to play this. Guess I'll just look for some keys when it's time.

xrnzaaas

I've finished both the X360 and the PS4 versions and I didn't notice any big differences. In fact the PS4 version still had framerate problems and weird glitches, but they weren't too frequent. I rebought it mostly for the DLC's but they turned out to be pretty bad.

It's the best console version, it could be considered a lazy remaster but if you haven't played it, this is just a great deal. I'd love to see a sequel.

Some Nobody

For $10 it's definitely worth it. Bought it day 1 cause I want a Sleeping Dogs 2 more than any other (reasonable) title I can think of. Still working on getting the platinum.

Atolm

I platinumed this on PS4 and while it isn't Uncharted trilogy in terms of effort by any means, it's perfectly fine.

Pif

Banned
It's very bland. Combat system is very good, but that's it. Also performance can be jarring at times for a game that doesn't hold it against GTA or Watch Dogs.

Such a damned good game. If you haven't played it, it's a must-buy. One of the better sandbox games in years.

I beat it, close to 100%, twice.

I'm so glad it was rescued.

Not a bad deal if you don't have a capable PC. Got the platinum on PS3, and I'll assume that this port is at least somewhat better than that version. (All DLC included is a plus)

IvanJ

Banned
I beat it twice, and the PS4 version was very good, I don't understand why allnthe complaints.
For $10 you get the base game and two story DLCs, easily 30 hours of pure open world fun.
It is on sale on PSN for $10 until Tuesday, so you can skip the middleman and just buy it there.

Top Bottom