• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewLib

Banned
I love how people are complaining when this is the first time Nintendo has ever done anything remotely close to this.

Kafel

Banned
mario.jpg

mario_070523a-l.jpg
mario_070523b-l.jpg

mario_070523c-l.jpg
mario_070523d-l.jpg

link.jpg

link_070523a-l.jpg
link_070523b-l.jpg

link_070523c-l.jpg
link_070523d-l.jpg

Eteric Rice

ShockingAlberto said:
I meant to post a comparison of the two Smashes, but put an extra g on JPG.

Well, I actually meant the actual model from Twilight Princess itself. I was wondering if the Smash one looks better.

But that comparison is good, too. Link has textures now! :lol

NewLib

Banned
I think where this game will really shine graphically is the stages. The background to The Battlefield looks good.

Eteric Rice said:
Is it me or does the Smash Link look better than the GC one?

Better textures or something?

Yeah Link looks better than the TP Link, which is understable given we're talking about a GC game vs a Wii game. Overall the screens look really nice.

I do wish they would give us more info about the characters though - like their move sets and stuff.

xabre

Banned
I still can't get over the shock of Mario's inclusion in a smash brothers game.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that this website has provided us all with a totally original and facinating revelation.

Imagine what Mario could mean for the franchise going forward?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
"I`m sorry Mr. Smash Bros. You suffer from an incurable form of awesome. There`s nothing we can do to help you. :("

xabre said:
I still can't get over the shock of Mario's inclusion in a smash brothers game.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that this website has provided us all with a totally original and facinating revelation.

Imagine what Mario could mean for the franchise going forward?
If you're going to make unfunny jokes, at least don't be late with them

I hope the screenshot-function is still in (anytime at pause this time). Demorec would be even better. And that you can post them on your Wii message-board and send them around so that they are kind of useful this time.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
GaimeGuy said:
Some days it'll be revelations of new characters, other days it'll be new stages, other days it'll just be new screenshots, other days it'll be game modes and menus, other days it'll be blog posts, other days it'll be music samples...

Yeah, but I'd rather have the first two and the last one. It IS better than nothing, though, certainly.

@everyone complaining about people complaining: c'mon. This is GAF. We're contractually obligated to complain. It's in the TOS, look it up.

khan

Nintendo should release a patch that cleans up all the textures etc. in TP up to a level of SMBB link.

**Not a bad idea TBH**

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ShockingAlberto said:
Hmm, this one's harder to tell. I want to give the edge to Smash, though.

link_070523b-l.jpg

thelegendofzeldathetwilbv1.jpg
yep, smash link's model and textures are definitely improved. Just look at the sword, the clothing, the face, and the hair.

khan said:
Nintendo should release a patch that cleans up all the textures etc. in TP up to a level of SMBB link.

**Not a bad idea TBH**

Juniors. :lol

ShockingAlberto said:
Man...Mario's Smash model might actually look better than Galaxy's.

Actually, yeah. But then again, Smash Bros. Melee had better models than its Gamecube game counterparts:

mario.jpg

What's tantalizing to me is that we don't even know how well they animate yet.

I'm betting at least on par with Melee, but even better would be amazing.

Krowley

ShockingAlberto said:

Actually, I think he does, but galaxy has more impressive environments based on what they've shown so far.

As far as character models are concerned, smash might be the champ among wii games.

Krowley said:
Actually, I think he does, but galaxy has more impressive environments based on what they've shown so far.

As far as character models are concerned, smash might be the champ among wii games.
I remember playing Melee for the first time and thinking the models would never look as good on the GC.

Branduil

The character models in this game look great.

ShockingAlberto said:

I think SSBB Mario has a bit of a grittier look, with more texturing. SMG Mario is more cartoonish, with flatter textures, but maybe a bit more polys, and I think the overall lighting in SMG is a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom