• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching some of the videos you all have posted of Yoshi's Story makes me wonder why I never played it. It looks so similar to Yoshi's Island which I absolutely love. Why did it get such bad reviews?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
DeceitDecide said:
Watching some of the videos you all have posted of Yoshi's Story makes me wonder why I never played it. It looks so similar to Yoshi's Island which I absolutely love. Why did it get such bad reviews?
Two words:

Extremely Short.

DeceitDecide said:
It's about an hour long. And nothing really impedes you in that hour.

It's, like...have you ever played Nintendogs? And you know how you can take the dog for a walk and occasionally pick up its poop and poke a present? It's a lot like that. You just sort of go on a walk, occasionally doing stuff you don't want to do and even more rarely finding something neat.

Coen

PkunkFury said:
where can I find this?!

Well, it's actually the song where all the Yoshi's go "laaaa-la-la-la. laaaaa-la-la-la" etc. It's on the official soundtrack, which can be found at Galbadia Hotel. I did use wavepad to remove the useless parts.

Terrell

The original is cuter, I always loved that one of the Yoshis singing was off-key and another was off-tempo... it's a little plain now without that.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
flipping_heck said:
Nice update, song is ok, a bit strange for me and at the least, this confirms Yoshi is in the game (as if he wasn't ever gonna be in it)
we've already seen a yoshi's island stage, though, so it was basically already confirmed

Wow, what a great song.

The quality and range of an orchestra really bests that of the crappy midi Nintendo uses in a lot of game. Midi can sometimes sound very cool, but it will never pull off songs like that. Ever.

underfooter said:
Wow, what a great song.

The quality and range of an orchestra really bests that of the crappy midi Nintendo uses in a lot of game. Midi can sometimes sound very cool, but it will never pull off songs like that. Ever.

This track is midi.

Screenboy

Souldriver said:
WII2 gets unveiled in September of 2009? That's rather quick... :(

223020~Bryan-Adams-Posters.jpg

it will bomb viciously in the summer of 69

Xavien

Alkaliine said:
That's midi?

Wow.

Indeed, that's what you get when you use High Quality samples and then pre-record into MP3 files.

MIDI is probably used in 80-90% of all game soundtracks out there, its just that some use Higher samples than others.

Wow I can`t believe that Takada did that arrangement, it`s like the total opposite of what his work usually sounds like! :lol

The mix sounds awesome!

Mind you though it is possible that Nintendo`s own composers could be doing their own mixes of all the 3rd Party character`s games? So you`d have the 3rd Party composers doing remixes of Nintendo`s games and Nintendo`s own composers doing remixes of the 3rd Party games!

OriGiN

Banned
I am completely in love with these updates... it gives us something small to look forward too every day, and some people seem un-satisfied because the updates aren't great orgasmic Mega-Giga-Ultra-MONSTER-Ton every day...

Those people are lame... what a great way to build the hype for this game!!! I can't wait to play it and even though i can't play it these daily updates make the wait seem all that much easier... not harder, it's weird!!! But an great idea!

Wow, I absolutely loved the samba-style drumming. Something completely unrelated to the original song that gives it so much character. If all the composition is this clever, this is going to be the greatest video game soundtrack ever.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
yoshis story soundtrack is awesome. its too bad they have an overuse of drums here, it sort of ruins the subtlety. But I like that singing yoshi is in!

EEEE-AAAA OOO was always annoyingly catchy.

ant1532

Banned
I had a dream last night that I got Smash but it waws in Japanese and we were playing it but could get to versus mode and Megaman was in but we couldn't get the game to work and then I woke up..

traveler

Not Wario
All three of the musical pieces we've heard so far have me really hoping that we will get another "Smashing Live" type deal. They're absolutely phenomenal and I'd love to hear them in concert format.

woxel1

That was a wholly unexpected update but a darn fine one nonetheless. Buck the hatership: Yoshi's Island is quality, especially in the music department.

ant1532

Banned
woxel1 said:
That was a wholly unexpected update but a darn fine one nonetheless. Buck the hatership: Yoshi's Island is quality, especially in the music department.
That was a mix of Yoshi's Story and it wasn't straight from the game. It was composed by the awesome list of composers released at the site's launch.

But yeah, Yoshi's Island did have some great music.

Ravidrath

In college, we always thought it sounded like Yoshi was singing "The Asshole, the assssss-hole!", no doubt to worse sampling rate and the screeching of it.

anyone else think these updates are kinda boring? id rather have them drop the bomb all at once with a trailer than these tiny updates everyday

Jiggy

momolicious said:
anyone else think these updates are kinda boring? id rather have them drop the bomb all at once with a trailer than these tiny updates everyday
It'd be better for my health and sleeping habits, I'm sure, but I like the updates. They do give us some things that trailers probably wouldn't--especially in the music area, since trailers tend to have one theme that carries all the way through.

Firestorm

momolicious said:

A trailer would most likely not have any real information. Even one update on the site gives us more concrete info than a full-blown trailer. So yes, I like these updates better. I usually just view them in the morning anyway. My parents bitch when I come upstairs for bed late since it wakes them up or something >_>

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wonder how many bombs Sakurai has under his sleeves.

I've never played Yoshi's Story, but that track was awesome. Totally fits the mood of the Yoshi stage, as I never thought the theme in SSB and SSB:M was all that terrific.

I always thought the Yoshies were saying "Is that all?"
Later, someone told me they were singing "eat apples"
I never knew they were just making random sounds

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cyan said:
Dude, the translations are awesome! What are you on about?
Well you see this is a post. Basically you read it with your eyes.
Whoooooooaaa!
Move your eyes from left to right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom