• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Any reason why the grey / white / shock CS2s are sitting in every single size? They look great. Might grab them.
NMDs aren't hyped anymore.

---
Nike's 'Be True' Collection.
LL

900x900px-LL-b801bc52_nike-be-true-2017.jpeg

Fjordson

I had no idea CS2s weren't that hyped. Are they as comfy as NMDs?
Yeah, the non-collab releases haven't quite taken off.

The Ronin pack sold out pretty fast the first time around, but the restock from yesterday is still sitting on adidas.com.

Perfect timing because I had been thinking of paying resell sometime soon for them, so I picked up a pair last night. Seen them in person before and they look great imo.

I dunno if I fucked up or not. My shoes came in, but I've never worn or tried a Sock Racer Ultra Flyknit before so I dunno if this is normal or if it's just the wrong size and fit.

(Full disclosure, this is a woman's shoe, but I really liked its color scheme and ordered it for myself anyway. I wear a 9.5 in men's so I got it in a women's 11.)

I just feel like my feet/toes' shape is protruding out a bit, and it feels a little snug at the opening where you slide your feet in. (Felt a bit better without socks on, but you can still see the outline/shape of my feet "through" the shoe). Is this how it's supposed to be by design?

Just how Flyknits are or am I wearing the wrong size? This apparently only comes in full sizes, and as a 9.5 in men, I dunno if the jump from women's 11 to 12 would be too large or not.

Gimme your wisdom SneakerGAF. T_T

I dunno if I fucked up or not. My shoes came in, but I've never worn or tried a Sock Racer Ultra Flyknit before so I dunno if this is normal or if it's just the wrong size and fit.

(Full disclosure, this is a woman's shoe, but I really liked its color scheme and ordered it for myself anyway. I wear a 9.5 in men's so I got it in a women's 11.)

I just feel like my feet/toes' shape is protruding out a bit, and it feels a little snug at the opening where you slide your feet in. (Felt a bit better without socks on, but you can still see the outline/shape of my feet "through" the shoe). Is this how it's supposed to be by design?

Just how Flyknits are or am I wearing the wrong size? This apparently only comes in full sizes, and as a 9.5 in men, I dunno if the jump from women's 11 to 12 would be too large or not.

Yeah, with basically anything that isn't leather, you're going to see the outlines of your feet lol. As long as it isn't cutting off circulation to your feet you should be fine. Doesn't hurt to size up if you have no space left in the toe area.

"Seeing" my toes was something I had to get used to.

I don't wear these often enough.

Go half up. Should alleviate the problem a little bit. I have the same issue when I wear certain sneakers.

Go half up. Should alleviate the problem a little bit. I have the same issue when I wear certain sneakers.

I would have but this shoe doesn't come in half sizes. :/

I'm giving it a day around the house, but the opening around the ankle feels tight regardless. And maybe it's my n00b eye but the visible feet through the shoe looks suuuper weird to me. It's definitely not shown like that in its promo images. I might just exchange it for this

or this

instead, but I can't decide which look and color scheme to settle on outta these three. (At least the latter two are supposed to run bigger with their sizes according to the Nike online rep.)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

I got a pair of the Adidas EQT Support ADV in mens and women same exact size. After having both on the woman version did seem a little narrow around the toe area which causd my toes to be more visible yet no problem with the mens.

I got a pair of the Adidas EQT Support ADV in mens and women same exact size. After having both on the woman version did seem a little narrow around the toe area which causd my toes to be more visible yet no problem with the mens.

Yeah I already initiated a return. I was sooo torn between the 3 Nike shoes I posted, but I'm just gonna go with this instead.

I love how striking the color/pattern combo looks

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Those look like soccer cleats so I dunno how it'll be for casual wear. Should be fine though seeing that it doesn't have the metal spikes.

NMDs aren't hyped anymore.

---

LL

Nike's 'Be True' Collection.

Man that rainbow gummy bottom is so thick and cheesy and I'm here for it. Super tempted. It's so loud, I'd love to pair it with a comparatively more conservative outfit.

Those look like soccer cleats so I dunno how it'll be for casual wear. Should be fine though seeing that it doesn't have the metal spikes.

Yeah it comes with or without spikes. Gonna try "spikeless" in person and see how it goes.

They look sweet, but the neon yellow stripes on the black and white stripes looked kinda trippy and are what sold me on it. I'll just be a weirdo and wear the spikeless cleat one as my streetwear sneakers. :p
I used to wear astros (what we called football boots for astroturf) all the time as a kid, and so did everyone else. Never noticed any issues with comfort or whatever, although we generally weren't going 10 minutes without playing football lol.

ruxtpin

Banned
So when I was in grade school my folks bought me Wal-Mart brand shoes (Spalding and Voit I think). I was not a cool kid back then - maybe I'm still not - but I remember another kid pointing at my shoes and calling them "bobos", was this a slang word for bad shoes?

soultron

Banned
So when I was in grade school my folks bought me Wal-Mart brand shoes (Spalding and Voit I think). I was not a cool kid back then - maybe I'm still not - but I remember another kid pointing at my shoes and calling them "bobos", was this a slang word for bad shoes?
I know that feeling. We were poor as fuck growing up and I had the same shoes.

Yeah bobo basically means generic shitty no name shoes.

I dread the day I have to buy shoes for my future kids lol. Girls don't matter as much. Boys? FML. Lol. He better grow into my size super quick.

acohrs

in london and went to nike town, saw the sb dunk low pro wheats and ...didn't like them, from the photos I thought the two tone wasn't so noticeable but in hand it was, pity, was very hyped but I like my wheats monotone.

don't think NMD hype is over yet but the price rises are ridiculous, no way any NMD should cost more than PB or UB

Murkas

Hoping to get my first UltraBoosts next week, they run tts? I got PureBoosts at my true size 11 and they fit great, even with my wide feet so I'm guessing UB will be the same?

There's actually 3 colours I'm interested in, black/bronze, olive/khaki, and these black/white which are limited edition for some reason, showing my scrub status but what makes these limited? They look like a standard colourway to me, I guess maybe the black font on the heel...

Hoping to get my first UltraBoosts next week, they run tts? I got PureBoosts at my true size 11 and they fit great, even with my wide feet so I'm guessing UB will be the same?

There's actually 3 colours I'm interested in, black/bronze, olive/khaki, and these black/white which are limited edition for some reason, showing my scrub status but what makes these limited? They look like a standard colourway to me, I guess maybe the black font on the heel...

I'd go TTS to be safe or .5 size up.

I kinda lucked out as a kid when it came to shoes. My parents were always willing spend the money and get something good, and also what I wanted. I did spend a lot of time outside though, mostly playing basketball with friends. Which seemed what every kid in my neighborhood did back in the early to mid 90's.
The rest of my clothes sucked though, lol.

Tried on both the caged and uncaged versions of the UB Parleys and hated the fit on both. The caged version, unlike the other 3.0s where I had to size down by half a size, I needed to go TTS as it was really tight all around at 8.5. The uncaged version at TTS also felt a bit too tight.

Even the Adidas employee I was talking too hated the sizing inconsistency - especially on the caged version.

Really disappointed overall but maybe the ice blue versions may fit better.

ruxtpin

Banned
I kinda lucked out as a kid when it came to shoes. My parents were always willing spend the money and get something good, and also what I wanted. I did spend a lot of time outside though, mostly playing basketball with friends. Which seemed what every kid in my neighborhood did back in the early to mid 90's.
The rest of my clothes sucked though, lol.

I can't really say my family was poor, but my folks never saw a reason to spend a lot on shoes that I'd grow out of so quickly (which I completely understand). I told my folks about the "bobos" incident a couple of years back - I'm 33 now - and they had a good laugh about it. I also had several t-shirts that we're cereal box mail-ins; I remember a Post Raisin Bran shirt and a Wheaties shirt.

I was the first child; my brother and sister ended up getting name brand clothes and shoes... I'm not bitter. =P

Tried on both the caged and uncaged versions of the UB Parleys and hated the fit on both. The caged version, unlike the other 3.0s where I had to size down by half a size, I needed to go TTS as it was really tight all around at 8.5. The uncaged version at TTS also felt a bit too tight.

Even the Adidas employee I was talking too hated the sizing inconsistency - especially on the caged version.

Really disappointed overall but maybe the ice blue versions may fit better.
Then size up another half?...

Then size up another half?...

The problem was they didn't have a size 9 in the caged version in store, which is my true size, so I couldn't get those to try on. While I could've tried the 9.5 in the uncaged, I'm not overly a fan of those so I'd be settling for a shoe I don't really want to get.

I mean, $200 to either drop on a pair that doesn't fit quite well or on a pair that you fit but don't really like... Again, I wanted to try to make it work for me but it didn't work out.

Then there's too much room in the toe box. I had the same problem with the ultraboosts too.

Also this. I wasn't wearing thick socks or anything (was wearing a pair of Stance Fusion run socks, which are quite thin) when trying on both pairs. So if both pairs weren't working out for me in a pair of socks I normally wear, it wasn't going to work out overall in the end.

giga

I would go with the uncaged 0.5 up. Yeah you'll have some toe space but as long as the heel and midsoles fit (and it should since it's PK) I don't see why not.

Hi all, been browsing this thread but still want your advice since I'm not well-versed in shoes. I'm looking for a darker (brown?), low-contrast sneaker in-between these two pairs of shoes I already own. Basically a "dressy" sneaker, but still obviously a sneaker. Something that would look good with jeans (blue, light gray or black).

Any recommendations come to mind? As for budget, I probably wouldn't want to go over $100, but I could manage it.

I'm a relatively new resident to NYC-- people have cool shoes, so I make a mental note then try to find them online and I can't, lol. I almost never shop for shoes, so if you have store recommendations, too, that'd be much appreciated.

soultron

Banned
Back on the bobo thing, has anyone seen the latest Jerrod Carmichael special where he talks about not being able to afford sneakers when he was a kid? I was nodding the entire time...

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Hi all, been browsing this thread but still want your advice since I'm not well-versed in shoes. I'm looking for a darker (brown?), low-contrast sneaker in-between these two pairs of shoes I already own. Basically a "dressy" sneaker, but still obviously a sneaker. Something that would look good with jeans (blue, light gray or black).

Any recommendations come to mind? As for budget, I probably wouldn't want to go over $100, but I could manage it.

I'm a relatively new resident to NYC-- people have cool shoes, so I make a mental note then try to find them online and I can't, lol. I almost never shop for shoes, so if you have store recommendations, too, that'd be much appreciated.

Just get a pair of brown leather or suede chukkas or desert boots. "Dress" sneakers are generally a bad idea. It's like when unfortunate souls buy those god-awful brown hiking shoes at Payless and think it's perfectly acceptable to wear them under all circumstances. "They go with just about everything!"

robox

soccer sneaks don't get any hype but i like 'em. simpler uppers design-wise, but fluoro colours are all the rage now. i check from time to time to see if there's anything neat with the indoor soles

505225358_1_ShoeSide

03625_ayero_sneakers_black_olive_vrients_vrnts_Y3_fw2017_18_1_1.jpg

03625_ayero_sneakers_black_olive_vrients_vrnts_Y3_fw2017_18_6_1.jpg

03625_ayero_sneakers_black_olive_vrients_vrnts_Y3_fw2017_18_2_1.jpg

Any hype on the new Y-3 Ayero silhouette?

This is a sexy silhouette. Love how they incorporated the 3 stripes in the sole unit.

but its y-3 so gonna cost a fortune.

Damn I love the very first one with the black, white and creamy off white.

Do these shoes ever get cheaper replicas? Cause I'd be all over a decently competent knock off that doesn't cost a house mortgage.

Converse x Carhartt WIP have a nice brown colour way. June 1st.

Damn I love the very first one with the black, white and creamy off white.

Do these shoes ever get cheaper replicas? Cause I'd be all over a decently competent knock off that doesn't cost a house mortgage.
All Y3s go on heavy discount. Just keep an eye out a few months after they release.

Probably just some Brown vans.
Just get a pair of brown leather or suede chukkas or desert boots. "Dress" sneakers are generally a bad idea.
Converse x Carhartt WIP have a nice brown colour way. June 1st.
Thanks for your recommendations, guys-- I'll look at Vans and Converse, too. And I learned a new word: chukkas. Had no idea what those were. That's basically what I called "dress sneakers."

Just searching online, I see so many great shoes I want but they aren't being made anymore. Like these Pumas would be great but they no longer exist. Or is there a reputable online retailer I could order them from?

ruxtpin

Banned
What's the recommended best place to try and grab those black and copper ultraboosts that come out in a few days? Never tried to buy shoes online at launch, so I'm wondering where I might have the best luck.

Top Bottom