• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I’m still worried my Walmart preorder isn’t going to go through since the card I used for the preorder had to be cancelled due to someone stealing my Amex number and trying to buy a phone with it. I updated the payment method on my account but you can’t change it for the order. What really sucks is that I had one of the think geek preorders in place that I cancelled once I got the Walmart one.
Exact same problem here. They claim we ware suppose to get an email to fix the order. Unclear if thats true.

BaneDrain

Is there an average for the 24 hour super centers?

I’m not going to the store until about an hour to midnight. If they only had 20 and 20 people are already in line, then I’d be hosed.

The nearest 24 hour super center to me has 31, the others in the area range between 15-50 on Brickseek. Not sure that there is an average, but hopefully yours will have at least 25 to sell.

Considering driving the 45 minutes to the northern VA 24 hr walmarts. That would be a massive waste of two hours if they were all gone already -.-.

They only had 23 and my local walmart that opens at 6am has 70.

JDdelphin

The Genesis ones are to my knowledge not very good. I think there are some notable sound issues first of all. But more importantly, they connect via composite and not HDMI. These things have actually been around for years.

Don't know anything about the Atari ones though.

I bought the portable one.
It would be great if the audio wasn't completely off how it should sound.

I am excited to try an apparent fix patch
a few guys helped make when I have the time/interest.

http://www.seganerds.com/2017/08/15/two-fans-have-reportedly-fixed-the-atgames-genesis-audio-issues/

Kareha

Just noticed on my dispatch email from Amazon UK that they changed the delivery date from Saturday to today 🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂

I want a SNES Classic but if I don't get one I will not be too upset about it because most of those games are in Wii Virtual Console except for the Star Fox games and Yoshi Island. I think I am more interested in the controller which can be used on the Wii U.

I'm sorry but I haven't been in touch lately. Do we know if Amazon will put this on sale later tonight at 12am EST? Is it even worth the effort to F5 the night away?

Aeana

I'm reopening this thread in order to divert the preorder spam from the OT back here. We didn't anticipate the Walmart/Amazon disaster.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GG Amazon on still not even sending a goddamned email about it. And on still having it listed as shipping with no date. And on still using the super weird stock name you used.

Nintendo Digital Downloads/Game Trust Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition

Blizzard

Banned
After hearing some Amazon.ca people get their console shipped in an envelope with a damaged box, I'm glad I got lucky with a local Target and cancelled Amazon. How the mighty have fallen.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This Amazon shit is pretty outrageous. At least the 8/22 Walmart orders got communication in the form of backorder emails.

Tabasco

Still nothing from Amazon. Wow. This is nuts.
Try contacting them to push your shipping date earlier.

Last I talked with a rep through live chat, that is what the person had told me they would do for compensation. I think instead of them shipping on October 9th, it is supposed to be before that.

and they gave me $5 Amazon credit. YMMV, good luck!

Westonian

At least the 8/22 Walmart orders got communication in the form of backorder emails.

Nope! I'm an 8/22 Walmart order and I haven't received a single email from Walmart about my order other than the original order confirmation. I've reached out to their customer service, and the rep had the gall to scold me for trying to order more than one.

That's right, he saw my cancelled order from July (where I only tried to order one) and said that order was cancelled because it wasn't fair to other customers to try and order multiple units. WHAT?!

You know what isn't fair? Orders placed on 8/25 getting shipped before 8/22 orders. Who the hell sets up their inventory management system with a first-in/last-out logic?

They've now temporarily charged my credit card four times, but the order is still "preparing".

Nope! I'm an 8/22 Walmart order and I haven't received a single email from Walmart about my order other than the original order confirmation. I've reached out to their customer service, and the rep had the gall to scold me for trying to order more than one.

That's right, he saw my cancelled order from July (where I only tried to order one) and said that order was cancelled because it wasn't fair to other customers to try and order multiple units. WHAT?!

You know what isn't fair? Orders placed on 8/25 getting shipped before 8/22 orders. Who the hell sets up their inventory management system with a first-in/last-out logic?

They've now temporarily charged my credit card four times, but the order is still "preparing".

Ha. Yes. This describes me as well. Fortunately for me, I don't actually need this unit to be shipped for myself. I am still hoping it gets to me just to bail a friend out who wanted one. But when I realized that this was going to be a shitshow last week I ventured out Friday morning and lucked out by getting one for myself in store.

Pikma

Banned
I'm reopening this thread in order to divert the preorder spam from the OT back here. We didn't anticipate the Walmart/Amazon disaster.
The Amazon shitshow could be seen coming for at least one or two weeks before the release date.

The way we never received any kind of update and the reps giving answers and promising date all over the place were clear enough proof. Now of course no one foresaw they'd redirect their whole shipments to those fucking treasure trucks on day one

Stinkles

The Amazon shitshow could be seen coming for at least one or two weeks before the release date.

The way we never received any kind of update and the reps giving answers and promising date all over the place were clear enough proof. Now of course no one foresaw they'd redirect their whole shipments to those fucking treasure trucks on day one

Knowing how allocations work, it's possible they weren't the same stock - but even if they were, they did this exact same thing with the NES classic too.

Stinkles

Still nothing from Amazon. Wow. This is nuts.

I called them and got escalated to Customer Service tier 25 or whatever, they said my unit would ship on Oct 11th, but offered no explanation beyond "challenges with the supplier and units" - I feel like we're involved in Nintendo's DS era beef.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weren't we suppose to hear about orders starting to ship next week? Honestly, considering the other games I've got at the moment (Danganronpa V3 has my full attention & the Mario & Luigi SS remake hits Friday) & the fact I'll get $25 as compensation, I'm not hit by the delay as hard, but considering my friend was really looking forward to it & I bought it as a b-day gift to him (well, gift in that I told him he only needs to pay me back $60), I'm more annoyed by that than my own copy.

Granted, I'm just glad my order is still safe & it'll happen compared to it getting cancelled and then trying to find 2 in town or online.

Hugstable

Banned
Seriously the last time I preorder something on amazon. I rarely do it anyway since I mostly stick to digital games (last thing I preordered was Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition, which they sent me in a bubble wrap), but my goodness this has just been an awful experience. Still worried that my order may just be canceled at the end of all this

BorntoPlay

a rep from amazon:

Sushant: I understand your concern. I apologize that this item is currently not sold by amazon. However Inventory team has confirmed that this item will be in stock on priority basis and will be available anytime soon.

RedRumy3

I had so much faith in my Walmart order and now I get this shitty email about backorder. Amazon too what a shit show for real.

BTA

Wow, did Walmart really fuck up orders from the 22nd that badly?

My order from the 25th arrived on Tuesday; I didn't know they screwed over people who ordered before that, huh. That's pretty shitty.

Well, that's it. Walmart tells me my preorder is on backorder. May not get it until 11/30, if that. Despite having preordered it on day one. Thanks, Nintendo! They've yet again dropped the ball. They'll be enough they said. Don't buy it off eBay they said.

Liars proved yet again.

We're really sorry, but one or more items you purchased are currently on backorder and may be delayed. We'll be getting more inventory and will fill your order as soon as we can.

If we can't ship the items by 11/30, we'll cancel the items, begin processing your refund and let you know by email.

If you'd rather not wait for the items to come back in stock, you can cancel now them by following this link or signing in to your account.

If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.

-Your Walmart Customer Care Team

bonesquad

Ugh. Walmart canceled my Switch preorder (which I ended up getting through Best Buy). They canceled my preorder when they went up early in July. They canceled all my preorders but one when they went up on 8/22 (well, I only had 2). And now today I get the dreaded my order is on backorder email.

Despite that they went ahead and put a charge through on my credit card today. Which I initially took as a good sign. (I'm sure it's just a placeholder, but still.) Yeah, I'm done with Walmart.

Urishizu

Walmart preorder arrived today, hooked it up and plays great. Paired with a SNES30 8BitDo wireless pad and it's perfection. Successfully avoided scalper prices all around.

ChrisD

The pre-order I got in for my Uncle that changed it's "arrival date" to 9/29 at some point in August JUST shipped today. A few days ago it said it'd be here by 10/09, now it's 10/12.

I wish I already handed the Tracking info off to him. Forgot to do so earlier, and now I've got to inform him, later today, that it got delayed AGAIN.

The dumbest thing is that he got charged on 9/28. Figured that was a good sign. Nope, he told me that charge removed. Then he got charged again on 10/01, figured that meant they shipped it, but the page still didn't say so.

Finally, on the 4th, today, they shipped it. Let's see if that 10/12 gets pushed back further!

He keeps complaining about it to me, and I don't know what to tell him other than Walmart is a freaking joke. I told him he could just take mine (I got in on Best Buy's; they were a perfectly smooth transaction), and then we could swap them back/I keep the "new one" when the Walmart order gets here. I'm in no hurry. But he declined
then started complaining again
. I get the annoyance/anger at the company and the whole situation, but I've offered you a solution, so please stop. :|

Luckydog

I called them and got escalated to Customer Service tier 25 or whatever, they said my unit would ship on Oct 11th, but offered no explanation beyond "challenges with the supplier and units" - I feel like we're involved in Nintendo's DS era beef.

What is more likely? That Amazon had a beef with Nintendo over old stuff, but still magically decided to sell their product day one?

Or...Amazon was happy to sell the Nintendo product while using it as an advertisement for their treasure truck. Strikes me as odd that if it was a beef they would sell it at all.....

Top Bottom