• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic to ship into 2018. More NES Classic will release in 2018.

Papacheeks

Banned
What in the flying fuck is going on in this thread

People are literally going crazy over SNES classics. Peeps are having meltdowns cause they can't get one, or Nintendo just brings out the crazies?

And that ladies and gent's is why we don't use drugs while on the internet.

*SIGH*, where to begin you delusional asshole.

1.) If you think my original quote bothers you, then never ever listen to people like Jim Sterling. You hate my comment, well tough shit, because I stand by it. You know, nobody gives Jim grief for FUCK KOMANI or FUCK UBISOFT but OH MY GOD A NEOGAF POSTER says something in the exact same vein of humor and meaning and you lose your shit. Everyone, go back and read his first comment to me and tell me his words are not loaded with "clever" wordplay and trying to talk to someone like they are 12. Would you put up with that kind of condensing horseshit? WOULD YOU?

2.) Since by your own delusional words I am not worthy of being in a Nintendo thread, let me use the press release that I saw about all this. I have a life so excuse me if I missed a Nintendo Direct and was not here the NANOSECOND this was announced.

Hey Look What Happens When You Make Your Feelings Clear To Nintendo The Day Before...

Reggie, instead of being the usual PR shit he can be, could have said what he said, then added, "and I know there are people out there who can take that statement with a grain of salt; to those people I say please tune in to our Nintendo Direct and hear what we have in mind to ease your concerns about this issue"

But he didn't. He was his usual shiny happy self and never thought to actually consider people are fed up with his company and their supply issues. So we find out today as a "surprise" - the usual Nintendo - never really facing things head on like say, Luke Smith and Bungie are facing today for example.

Because of you, I now have no desire to buy or consider any other Nintendo products going forward ever again (Nintendo peaked with the Wii, so I will stay there...). I do not need to be judged by delusional people posing as Nintendo "fans" who let a single post on NeoGAF twist their undies in a knot. And if you think this is "eating crow", remember the timeline:

Holiday 2017-Q1 2018 - SNES Classic (just like the NES and its extension this year)
Summer (aka Q2) - NES reissue (which will be new design inside because Nintendo is not letting a bunch of hackable boxes hit the market again)

So until NEXT SUMMER when I would have had a shot, A SHOT at getting these at MSRP can you stow that "Crow Eating" nonsense. If you believe I am going to give you a delusional sense of accomplishment for your "efforts", then you are far more delusional than I give you credit for. But you know what? If you are representative of what a "Nintendo fan" is, then I am good. FUCK NINTENDO. No need to upset the Nintendo version of "mumbling old drunk in the alleyway" because Nintendo as a company isn't worth the time to me if you are the target audience they want.

Now I will admit - I am an asshole. A direct asshole, meaning what I say is blunt and from the bottom of my soul. But ask around to people who know my name - I usually can back it up, which I tried to do with you. And some people do not like that, as the messages following your first reply show. That is how it works in this day and age. You have to "deal with it" and if you cannot, you turn into one of these wilted useless bags of psuedo-SJW wind, who jump on a person because SOMEONE TOLD REGGIE TO DIE IN A FIRE (Internet memes, how do they work?). And you try and toss shade at me in a thread I do not even have an interest in, LET ALONE PARTICIPATE IN, where you supposedly "rule the realm" according to what you said yesterday, Well guess what? That makes you a coward and an utterly worthless bitch.

You are what I consider a "clever" asshole. You think because you dip your bitter and venomous words in sarcasm and slight wordplay while wrapping in it with a just enough of an ultra douche bag like sense of "concern", you think you are slicker than cat shit on a linoleum floor. Newsflash - you are not. You are just another Kellogg's Frosted Fucktart on NeoGAF who likes to stroke their own ego under the guise of "concern". That makes you lower than pond scum because your own driving intent is not actual "concern"; you just want to feel good about yourself as a complete Nintendo zealot.

I walked away. I realized after several posts all wanted was your precious "FATALITY!" over me, and not really were wanting anything other than an ego rub. Congrats you got it, and finally today Nintendo pulled a clue from its ass. GO TEAM PLUMBER~!

This will be my only response to you you stupid fuck. And any mod is welcome to read the thread from yesterday and consider my response and its tone because seriously this pair of clown shoes who thinks he is being "clever" needs to lay off the medications and not shoot his mouth off about people not even in the thread (by his own request too, I might mention for the THIRD TIME...)

TL;DR - Grow the hell up. Learn to read. Scroll back and take the time. FUCK NINTENDO if their fans are anything like this delusional sack of shit.

e4b2ed115d1683296a95a8440bca2cdd23ff242e7d6eeaef5a85d87b6c441d44.jpg

Bye Felicia

SKINNER!

Banned
Can't wait to pick up a classic NES and SNES now :) Thanks Nintendo. No way in hell was I gonna pay stupid scalper prices for one.

beta_fuse

Lmao at the meltdown. How does someone even ever get to that point sheeesh. Just close the comp and walk away wow.

Staying on the subject, I am very happy I have another chance at the NES. Lets just hope there's enough for everyone this time.

neoemonk

>delaying the Gamecube Classic so I can't play a portable PSO Ep 1 & 2 with it's built in wifi.

You can do this on a Wii with homebrew. I don't know that the Gamecube Classic would be a ton smaller. You have to play on private servers now though. I wouldn't really count on Sega standing up PSO servers in the west when they never brought PSO2 over.

Edit: holy shit what happened up there lol

oo7

Scalpers are still going to flourish because I don't believe they'll be able to replenish before Christmas right? People gotta have their Christmas gifts.

Rip

There is no way Nintendo makes enough of these to be sitting in abundance on store shelves. They just don't like to over produce their products. Good luck finding one.

JJH

1.) If you think my original quote bothers you, then never ever listen to people like Jim Sterling. You hate my comment, well tough shit, because I stand by it. You know, nobody gives Jim grief for FUCK KOMANI or FUCK UBISOFT but OH MY GOD A NEOGAF POSTER says something in the exact same vein of humor and meaning and you lose your shit. Everyone, go back and read his first comment to me and tell me his words are not loaded with "clever" wordplay and trying to talk to someone like they are 12. Would you put up with that kind of condensing horseshit? WOULD YOU?

2.) Since by your own delusional words I am not worthy of being in a Nintendo thread, let me use the press release that I saw about all this. I have a life so excuse me if I missed a Nintendo Direct and was not here the NANOSECOND this was announced.

Hey Look What Happens When You Make Your Feelings Clear To Nintendo The Day Before...

Reggie, instead of being the usual PR shit he can be, could have said what he said, then added, "and I know there are people out there who can take that statement with a grain of salt; to those people I say please tune in to our Nintendo Direct and hear what we have in mind to ease your concerns about this issue"

But he didn't. He was his usual shiny happy self and never thought to actually consider people are fed up with his company and their supply issues. So we find out today as a "surprise" - the usual Nintendo - never really facing things head on like say, Luke Smith and Bungie are facing today for example.

Because of you, I now have no desire to buy or consider any other Nintendo products going forward ever again (Nintendo peaked with the Wii, so I will stay there...). I do not need to be judged by delusional people posing as Nintendo "fans" who let a single post on NeoGAF twist their undies in a knot. And if you think this is "eating crow", remember the timeline:

Holiday 2017-Q1 2018 - SNES Classic (just like the NES and its extension this year)
Summer (aka Q2) - NES reissue (which will be new design inside because Nintendo is not letting a bunch of hackable boxes hit the market again)

So until NEXT SUMMER when I would have had a shot, A SHOT at getting these at MSRP can you stow that "Crow Eating" nonsense. If you believe I am going to give you a delusional sense of accomplishment for your "efforts", then you are far more delusional than I give you credit for. But you know what? If you are representative of what a "Nintendo fan" is, then I am good. FUCK NINTENDO. No need to upset the Nintendo version of "mumbling old drunk in the alleyway" because Nintendo as a company isn't worth the time to me if you are the target audience they want.

Now I will admit - I am an asshole. A direct asshole, meaning what I say is blunt and from the bottom of my soul. But ask around to people who know my name - I usually can back it up, which I tried to do with you. And some people do not like that, as the messages following your first reply show. That is how it works in this day and age. You have to "deal with it" and if you cannot, you turn into one of these wilted useless bags of psuedo-SJW wind, who jump on a person because SOMEONE TOLD REGGIE TO DIE IN A FIRE (Internet memes, how do they work?). And you try and toss shade at me in a thread I do not even have an interest in, LET ALONE PARTICIPATE IN, where you supposedly "rule the realm" according to what you said yesterday, Well guess what? That makes you a coward and an utterly worthless bitch.

You are what I consider a "clever" asshole. You think because you dip your bitter and venomous words in sarcasm and slight wordplay while wrapping in it with a just enough of an ultra douche bag like sense of "concern", you think you are slicker than cat shit on a linoleum floor. Newsflash - you are not. You are just another Kellogg's Frosted Fucktart on NeoGAF who likes to stroke their own ego under the guise of "concern". That makes you lower than pond scum because your own driving intent is not actual "concern"; you just want to feel good about yourself as a complete Nintendo zealot.

I walked away. I realized after several posts all wanted was your precious "FATALITY!" over me, and not really were wanting anything other than an ego rub. Congrats you got it, and finally today Nintendo pulled a clue from its ass. GO TEAM PLUMBER~!

This will be my only response to you you stupid fuck. And any mod is welcome to read the thread from yesterday and consider my response and its tone because seriously this pair of clown shoes who thinks he is being "clever" needs to lay off the medications and not shoot his mouth off about people not even in the thread (by his own request too, I might mention for the THIRD TIME...)

TL;DR - Grow the hell up. Learn to read. Scroll back and take the time. FUCK NINTENDO if their fans are anything like this delusional sack of shit.

Xs1KVzU.gif

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Hey let me check that sub on the Nintendo thingys...

bk7MOjB.gif

Oh dear.

I did tell them to calm down...

It's just video games for Pete's sake. Emulated 20 year old video games at that.

And I am *still* not sure if I did anything wrong even after all that lol

coughlanio

Ok it's nice they're doing more but will they still be supply constrained regardless? :/

I think you're going to see less scalpers this time around. There's multiple sellers on Amazon holding over 100 legit units that must be pretty pissed off right now.

Neith

Banned
People are literally going crazy over SNES classics. Peeps are having meltdowns cause they can't get one, or Nintendo just brings out the crazies?

And that ladies and gent's is why we don't use drugs while on the internet.

There are more people than you think that have no idea emulation exists and/or want an original type experience I guess.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Can the entire post be a custom title?
If yookalaylee stays and gets a tag I hope it links to that post. I love GAF.

I originally came in to say that I'm glad to see the SNES be available later. This is the one I wanted to most and Nintendo needs to keep as many straws off my back as they can. Even if I did buy a Switch. And 3 sets of joycons. Fuck.

entremet

There are more people than you think that have no idea emulation exists and/or want an original type experience I guess.

Yeah. I really don't get the emulation argument. It's a horrible user experience.

Nerds may enjoy the tinkering with RetroPis, looking for ROMs in shady sites, buying additional controllers, and so on.

But the NES Classic reception and now the SNES Classic pre order mess shows that design, packaging and user experience matter, something nerds sometimes have a hard time understanding.

That meltdown, was laughing reading it, and I don't even know the source, the quote he posted seemed innocent

They posted a comment in another thread which contained like 5% of the anger of the one you see there (still a considerable amount of anger of course considering) announcing a boycott of Nintendo over the SNES mini and other similar transgressions. I had a little dig at their OTT reaction but did genuinely wish them luck in getting the change they wanted once I saw their seriousness and passion on the subject, and I also said to them that video games weren't worth this anger so they're better off avoiding what makes them angry. I went AWOL for several hours thinking everything was done only to find them still angrily asserting in the same thread Nintendo create artificial scarcity- and I quote- "every single time" including the Wii (!) but conveniently excluding the Wii U and 3DS to other users arguing the opposite much more calmly and with better stats to back up theirs point.

I then just remarked at how I thought they were seriously serious about their boycott (having earlier remarked in the thread before they arrived about how people usually type before they think in relation to boycotts which I at least take seriously and hope others should too) it was then that things escalated, I was called all sorts and accused without anything to back them up of "defending the alter of Nintendo" or something equally hilarious.

That was the last I heard of them until now and well... there you go.

I'm still so very confused.

BigDes

That is one hell of a meltdown to have over a mini console. Good lord.

Not too interested in the nes mini but I hope that this means I will be able to get a Snes mini at some point

Woah... What a Hot Take...

Yeah. I really don't get the emulation argument. It's a horrible user experience.

Nerds may enjoy the tinkering with RetroPis, looking for ROMs in shady sites, buying additional controllers, and so on.

But the NES Classic reception and now the SNES Classic pre order mess shows that design, packaging and user experience matter, something nerds sometimes have a hard time understanding.

Sometimes I wish GAF had a reddit like upvote system, this post deserves some upvote karma.

They posted a comment in another thread which contained like 5% of the anger of the one you see there (still a considerable amount of anger of course considering) announcing a boycott of Nintendo over the SNES mini and other similar transgressions. I had a little dig at their OTT reaction but did genuinely wish them luck in getting the change they wanted once I saw their seriousness and passion on the subject, and I also said to them that video games weren't worth this anger so they're better off avoiding what makes them angry. I went AWOL for several hours thinking everything was done only to find them still angrily asserting in the same thread Nintendo create artificial scarcity- and I quote- "every single time" including the Wii (!) but conveniently excluding the Wii U and 3DS to other users arguing the opposite much more calmly and with better stats to back up theirs point.

I then just remarked at how I thought they were seriously serious about their boycott (having earlier remarked in the thread before they arrived about how people usually type before they think in relation to boycotts which I at least take seriously and hope others should too) it was then that things escalated, I was called all sorts and accused without anything to back them up of "defending the alter of Nintendo" or something equally hilarious.

That was the last I heard of them until now and well... there you go.

I'm still so very confused.

For whatever reason I can't get myself to address people on GAF as "they" when I don't know their gender (although I do it everywhere else), I automatically and unconsciously assume it's a guy and refer to them as "He". You're better behaved than I am :)

For whatever reason I can't get myself to address people on GAF as "they" when I don't know their gender (although I do it everywhere else), I automatically and unconsciously assume it's a guy and refer to them as "He". You're better behaved than I am :)

Thanks man ;)

But yeah I'm new here and until (if ever) I learn how people want to be addressed I just thought 'they' was the best way to go. Better than "lower than pond life" lmao.

But yeah I'm already over that really and ready to draw a line under it. Back on topic everyone.

Will supply actually be better, or will they just do another 1000 per month for 6 months?

Nintendo could always go Disney fault style with these things. lol

MrMephistoX

Yep it’s not that hard to emulate or find ROMS but some people can’t be bothered to bust out a laptop and game pad. Some people just want a clean UI and reliable hardware...you can buy Retrons at Best Buy or Fry’s but they’re shit hardware quality same with Rasperry Pi. Honestly my favorite emu experience was hacking my PSP but even then it wasn’t a near 1:1 flawless experience like Nintendo’s UI and emulators.

Aske

I wonder what a Kellogg Frosted fucktart would even look like

It would look like what I consider a "clever" asshole.

I picture a pig-in-a-blanket covered in a very thin, translucent syrup mixed with powdered sugar. The word "concern" is stamped on one side, and the Nintendo seal of quality is on the other.

Top Bottom