• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Mini Classic Thread | No preorder or shipping discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are an iphone owner and you have no USB on your tv (or they're taken up) you *will* have to buy something.
The fact is it's stupid decision and Nintendo should be pulled up about it. It's the same shit they did with the 3DS.
Most/all iPhone chargers I've seen have a standard USB-A port. You can swap the iPhone cable with the cable included with the SNES Mini

52a2df80-98ec-4e1b-9cfc-71a68d7575b3_1.4fbf81e4bfa56bc8feffa82b5b15ca83.jpeg

It's not the same with the 3DS. That one uses a proprietary plug. The NES and SNES Classic use standard USB.

I also need to find a list of which games have co op features. I know at least one Kirby dues, and Super Mario World, and Mario Kart. Maybe Yoshi's Island?
In Final Fantasy VI (III) you can assign each party member slot to player 1 or 2. Both players can't do things at the same time so it isn't too helpful.

If you are an iphone owner and you have no USB on your tv (or they're taken up) you *will* have to buy something.
The fact is it's stupid decision and Nintendo should be pulled up about it. It's the same shit they did with the 3DS.

I don't know what goddamn iPhone you got but I have like 10 fuckin' USB to outlet plugs from years of owning them.

Earth

Banned
Thanks for the response. I'm not really looking to spend $30 just to get the sound, but knowing that the cheaper option works is awesome.

Thanks again!

I forgot to add, some audio-outs on HDMI to VGA converters can be loud, so if your headphones don't have in-line volume control, depending on how sensitive your headphones are, you may want to also get something like this or this.

You may or may not need it, but it's probably in your best interest not to deafen yourself. :)

Persona7

Banned
Is Wal-Mart selling them at midnight? I usually work until then and pass a Wal-Mart on the way home.

It depends on your store and what the manager does. Some non 24 hour stores that open at 5 or 6am won't sell anything until 8am or later when the "electronics manager" arrives to check the stuff off and roll the cages out. Same thing happens with 24 hour stores but sometimes they set everything up before hand. It's been hit and miss for me over the years at different stores.

Got it! I usually order from Amazon so I never get anything early. I wasn't able to get an NES classic, so I'm kind of surprised how small this thing is. Hopefully my dog doesn't get a hold of it.

Laputa_94

Gonna try to get to my wal-mart relatively early. I'll live if I don't get one since I'll be going to get the new transparent PS4 controller anyways.

BumRush

I forgot to add, some audio-outs on HDMI to VGA converters can be loud, so if your headphones don't have in-line volume control, depending on how sensitive your headphones are, you may want to also get something like this or this.

You may or may not need it, but it's probably in your best interest not to deafen yourself. :)

Haha thanks again. I actually plan to use one of those mini speakers that plugs into your headphone jack. It's not perfect, but at least I'll be able to hear the sound.

I could always plug this into my TV, but ideally I'd set it up in my office with my monitor.

Mariner

My Target order just went from Sept. 29 to Oct. 10. Pretty big jump so close to release.

No activity yet from my Walmart preorder.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My Target order just went from Sept. 29 to Oct. 10. Pretty big jump so close to release.

No activity yet from my Walmart preorder.

Mine did say "arriving by Sept. 29th" to "arriving through Fri, Sep 29 - Tue, Oct 10"

I mean - I can wait. I have all of these games in cartridge form, but I agree it's kinda strange.

JP

Both my Nintendo UK and Tesco Direct orders are showing as ready to dispatch. Why is there even a "ready to dispatch" option for them? There should only be "not ready to dispatch" and then a "its already on its way to you, sucker" option?

Leynos

Apparently Front Mission Gun Hazard is the better game compared to Cybernator?

Depends on what you want. Cybernator is more linear with fewer, but longer levels, while Front Mission Gun Hazard has some RPG elements, and is more open. The levels are also usually shorter. I quite enjoy both, and would gladly recommend either.

Also, don't forget about Metal Warriors.

So, okay, haven't been in this thread much at all. I don't have a preorder, of course, but I want to try and secure one anyway. I have work on Friday, so I am wondering what you all think my best option is.

1. Target at 8am - nearby, maybe 1 mile away.
2. Walmart - 24 hr Walmart - right across the street from work - would get there around 6am but I am afraid of them being sold out the night before.
3. GameStop across from work at 10am or so.

I am thinking Target might be the best bet but I am not entirely sure. Do I even have a shot of getting one?

So, okay, haven't been in this thread much at all. I don't have a preorder, of course, but I want to try and secure one anyway. I have work on Friday, so I am wondering what you all think my best option is.

1. Target at 8am - nearby, maybe 1 mile away.
2. Walmart - 24 hr Walmart - right across the street from work - would get there around 6am but I am afraid of them being sold out the night before.
3. GameStop across from work at 10am or so.

I am thinking Target might be the best bet but I am not entirely sure. Do I even have a shot of getting one?

All of thee above. 6am Walmart,8am Target,and if still no score 10am Gamestop.

Both my Nintendo UK and Tesco Direct orders are showing as ready to dispatch. Why is there even a "ready to dispatch" option for them? There should only be "not ready to dispatch" and then a "its already on its way to you, sucker" option?
It is a bit of a tease as it's basically we've picked and packed it but won't give it to the delivery firm quite yet (in case you get it early) but given the clustering of releases around specific days this is done to avoid the workers passing out from having to do it all tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom