• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips review thread

soultron

Banned
I'm seriously considering buying this to play with my wife. She never played a game before, anyone had the experience playing with someone who is not a gamer? How was it?

My GF only really plays Candy Crush every day, but other than that she doesn't game at all, and she's been loving SnipperClips.

This is a game that's pretty quick to grasp and the controls are pretty easy. There aren't really any time limits and you can attempt things as many times as you want. No deaths or game overs.

Just remember to communicate when you're playing together. And try not to blurt out a solution if you know it instantly -- it's more fun to work things out with people who aren't well-versed in physics-based puzzle games. (My GF gets frustrated with me if/when I do this, so I've learned to slow down and let her simmer in her thought process a bit even if it's immediately apparent to me what we need to do. She's come up with great solutions of her own this way!)

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Had fun playing this with a friend yesterday. It's just a shame that it's so short for being €20. We cleared 2 worlds out of 3 in a couple of hours. Then again, we're both longtime gamers. You can probably get more time out of it if you're playing with beginners. Also, the 2-4 player modes seemed kinda uninteresting.

I wish I had a gf to play it with though. Looks like the perfect coop game for couples.

Realeza

Banned
I'm seriously considering buying this to play with my wife. She never played a game before, anyone had the experience playing with someone who is not a gamer? How was it?

Extremely intuitive. She'll get a hang of it after the tutorial.

Coffinhal

Finally ordered the 85 euros bundle with the red/blue joy-con pair. I'm going to get the pair sooner or later for ARMS, Mario Kart and Splatoon so that's 20 euros saved up. I'll play this game with friends.

I finished this yesterday in about 2.5 hours.

We got some extra party games but I never really felt like it reached its potential, we were waiting for the impossibly hard stages and before we knew it, it was over.

It was fun though, worth £16.

This game and Zelda have made for a VERY enjoyable launch for me.

Obviously Zelda is incredible but this game is not getting nearly enough love. The puzzles are extremely creative and me and my wife have been having a blast going through it together.

lionpants

My wife actually said to me last night when I turned Zelda off...

"I want to play Snipperclips."

She's a gamer but has some hate for Nintendo, so this is quite the accomplishment.

And you still married her???

Yeah what the hell. Divorce her, obviously.

This game is so charming and fun. I brought this over to my sisters house yesterday and my nephew who normally doesn't play anything but 'AAA' games wanted to try it and got hooked. We ended up playing it together for about three hours straight before he even asked if he could play Zelda.

For me personally, write ups and vids didn't really make me 'get it'. But trying the demo sold me straight away.

So maybe try the demo rather than reading up on it or watching vids

I... don't have a Switch. So not much i can do other than read and watch for now..\
Anyway, watched a presentation and i love the concept. Like working with the Pathfinder in Adobe Illustrator. But now to solve puzzles. Smart game.

KooopaKid

Banned
I finished this yesterday in about 2.5 hours.

We got some extra party games but I never really felt like it reached its potential, we were waiting for the impossibly hard stages and before we knew it, it was over.

It was fun though, worth £16.

Seems short for 20€ :(

CrayToes

Such a great little game. Me and the gf have been playing an hour here and there since launch. She doesn't play games at all but she's been loving this. Perfect launch title that shows off one of the Switch's main attributes - local co op.

Grinchy

Banned
Had a bunch of fun with this game but it is quite short if you're any good at puzzle games. I wish there were more levels.

Played a bit with my wife last night, and she is not into gaming. She had a lot of fun though, and was laughing throughout the whole time we played. She was also kind of taken aback at the joy-cons, how they worked, and how small they were. It really is a fun experience for any who are wondering about playing it with a SO.

Bit-Bit

Got drunk the other night with my wife and we played snipperclips for a few hours. Tons of fun yelling at each other. Everyone should get this game since it's quick to pull up with newcomers and have them understand the game and enjoy it immediately.

Got drunk the other night with my wife and we played snipperclips for a few hours. Tons of fun yelling at each other. Everyone should get this game since it's quick to pull up with newcomers and have them understand the game and enjoy it immediately.
Same here, we got a bit tipsy and had an absolute blast playing hockey and basketball. Then I drunk purchased 1,2 switch and more hilarity ensued.

AGITΩ

Bought this at launch with zelda. Gotta say its a great co op game for my wife and i. Great way to see how the other would solve a puzzle, even if you come to the same result.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Perfect spouse game.

My thoughts exactly. It's the perfect thing to play with my girlfriend on an upcoming road trip.

If only I could find a fucking car charger for the switch that wasn't either fifty dollars our out of stock. I don't understand.

Carlisle

Got this along with Zelda so I could have something to play with my wife and so she could get something out of the new thing I spent a lot of money on. We've been busy though and haven't even booted it :(

jesusraz

This is Cubed3's 8/10 review:
What a hidden gem! Snipperclips: Cut it Out, Together is a definite must-buy on Nintendo Switch, showing off not just a fantastic idea with great puzzles, but driving home the team-work element that works so well on Switch thanks to its 'play anywhere, anytime' ethos. Sit with a friend, get family members involved, or even go it alone, play it in tabletop mode, portable, or even on the big screen - whatever the case, it all works perfectly. This is going to eat away at the hours, without a doubt. SFB Games and Nintendo have struck gold with this one.
I actually found this was more enjoyable played alone. At least that way if there were annoying mistakes made, there was nobody to blame but myself. Otherwise, I could see a divorce on the cards... ;)

Cyanity

Banned
I've had the chance to play this game with a pretty large number of people over the past few weeks. Everyone loved it. Possibly a top 10 game over the life of the console.

4-player snipperclips is some of the best fun I've had since Mario Kart Double Dash

Top Bottom