• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snoring

Saerk

Alright GAF, how do you stop snoring? My relationship with my girlfriend is going great. Emotionally and sexually we're fully compatible except there is one thing in the way. She has insomnia at times, and I apparently keep her up with snoring. This created a minor disconnect, but I'm looking for some advice on how to deal with it, so that it doesn't become a bigger issue. What are some effective ways to stop snoring?

d00d3n

Alright GAF, how do you stop snoring? My relationship with my girlfriend is going great. Emotionally and sexually we're fully compatible except there is one thing in the way. She has insomnia at times, and I apparently keep her up with snoring. This created a minor disconnect, but I'm looking for some advice on how to deal with it, so that it doesn't become a bigger issue. What are some effective ways to stop snoring?

Cpap is the only effective way. But as the other poster said, it may be more disturbing to her than your snoring. If you are okay with anecdotal evidence of success, there are lots of stuff to try. The whole tennis ball sewed into the back of your pyjamas to encourage sleeping on your belly strategy seems theoretically sound, but it might prevent you from sleeping. Surgery is a very extreme measure and I believe that the evidence for that kind of treatment is thin.

It sucks and generally there are not many good solution. It depends on the cause of your snoring. You'll see lots of appliances & things but most of those won't work except for a few people. But you may be one of the lucky ones so it may be worth a try. But don't be surprised if they don't work for shit.

A CPAP mask can do the job . . . but yeah, that may be worse than the snoring.

And you can have surgery which is expensive and painful. But even that supposedly only has like a 50% success rate.

Top Bottom