• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So about that Capcom game, supposed to drop March 2024 that will sell millions

Stafford

The Capcom show ended and nothing about a game that will sell millions and supposed to release March next year was announced. So if this was in the planning, well I guess it's still possible. TGA is the last big event this year, or at least, as we know so far.

There's also of course the possibility that it will get announced during a possible reveal of Nintendo's new system, but that's likely next year. I doubt this game is gonna come March next year. It can't be RE, it can't be SF, I highly doubt it's MvC related either. So I can only think of Monster Hunter World 2/MH6. During the stream they had a segment about 20th anniversary of MH, perfect opportunity but.....nope!

We also knew per a data breach a few years ago that MH6 was on it.

Thoughts?

Needlecrash

The Capcom show ended and nothing about a game that will sell millions and supposed to release March next year was announced. So if this was in the planning, well I guess it's still possible. TGA is the last big event this year, or at least, as we know so far.

There's also of course the possibility that it will get announced during a possible reveal of Nintendo's new system, but that's likely next year. I doubt this game is gonna come March next year. It can't be RE, it can't be SF, I highly doubt it's MvC related either. So I can only think of Monster Hunter World 2/MH6. During the stream they had a segment about 20th anniversary of MH, perfect opportunity but.....nope!

We also knew per a data breach a few years ago that MH6 was on it.

Thoughts?

We know it's NOT Street Fighter or Marvel VS. related. Dragon's Dogma/Pragmata have already been announced. My best guess is Monster Hunter 6.

Comandr

Being that it specifies that its an unannounced game, the only thing it could possibly be is MH6. My only hope is that its announced at TGAs. We are running out of time to announce and build up hype before potential release. While I think they could possibly announce and release VERY rapidly and still achieve millions of sales, it seems silly to wait until the last minute. Assuming they really do intend to release before April, that means the game is now in mid-late beta. They've just gotta show something soon. The last several MH games have had about 6 months between reveal and release. I'm curious what the hold up is this time.

Stafford

What makes you think DD2 won't sell BILLIONS?

.....bruh!

Plus, that one has been announced and revealed already.

Being that it specifies that its an unannounced game, the only thing it could possibly be is MH6. My only hope is that its announced at TGAs. We are running out of time to announce and build up hype before potential release. While I think they could possibly announce and release VERY rapidly and still achieve millions of sales, it seems silly to wait until the last minute. Assuming they really do intend to release before April, that means the game is now in mid-late beta. They've just gotta show something soon. The last several MH games have had about 6 months between reveal and release. I'm curious what the hold up is this time.

True. MHW was announced during E3 2017 iirc and released January 2018. It's still possible. But even if it will move past March, that's fine, but I hope the announcement won't be too far away.

I was hyped for the reveal, and TGS seemed the forum to do it. But I am guessing Capcom is taking a leaf out of Nintendo's book in terms of their announcements and trying to keep the focus on all of their other games going into the holiday season. MH6 hype will eclipse basically everything else in their release lineup. I'm not saying none of it is good, but they want to make some money on Exoprimal, RE4R DLC, etc. before all focus shifts. Potentially another 6 months is a long time for the announcement and media blitz to fizzle out.

TGA maybe. I am expecting a standalone MH 20th anniversary showcase where it will seem like bullshit until the reveal.

nial

Gold Member
Monster Hunter World was the best-selling PS4 game in Japan, there's no way SIE won't make sure the new entry in the series is on PS5 day one.

Last edited:
What makes you think DD2 won't sell BILLIONS?
But Deep Down 1 didn't even release yet, you're here talking about Deep Down 2?

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Comandr

I've never really played the others, just World. In which ways is it different than mainline MH?
All the games prior to world were - in hindsight - extremely clunky.

Every time you drank a potion, your character would immediately stop moving, take about 4 seconds to drink, and then flex. Only then would the potion effect take, meaning in a dangerous situation, you'd have to effectively stand still for about 5 seconds to heal yourself. Granted, older games had all of the zones split off by loading brief loading screens, so you could safely cross a zone barrier and then heal or sharpen or whatever. Monsters of course could follow you, but generally you had a moment to yourself.

Pick axes, bug nets, BBQ spits, even whet stones (sharpening stones), all of these were physical items you had to carry in your inventory if you wanted to use them. Today, they are freely usable as an action on your hot bar, but back then if you didn't bring them with you, you didn't get to use them.

There were no inventory boxes at camp where you could restock supplies or change gear. Whatever you left with, is what you had for the entire quest. If someone wasn't properly prepared on a multiplayer quest, everyone had to quit out and start over.

Armor skills were completely different. In World, having Attack Up 1 on a single piece of gear will give you a small amount of extra damage. In previous games, you had to get enough pieces of gear to give you 10 before it would do anything. Only at the 10 point threshold would it activate. Consequently, building gear with decent skill sets was much more difficult and you often had quite a few less active skills. There were also a few NEGATIVE skills that would give you permanent debuffs.

Monster locations were completely unknown to you on the map until you wandered around and spotted them. Then you'd have to get close enough to throw a paintball at them. This would mark them on the map for a time before it wore off. Monsters always spawned at the same location at the start of the quest, so once you knew them well enough you could just head straight there of course. You're still fucked if they fly or run away and you lose them though.

There was no eating at camp. If you died and lost your food buffs oh well its just harder now.

In a way, the old games were much more deliberate and greatly rewarded thoughtfulness and preparedness. Learning the monsters patterns was imperative because you had many less means to resupply if things got ugly.

These are all reasons why the game was such a barrier of entry for many newcomers- it was just very unforgiving. But to go against all odds and still come out victorious was a really powerful feeling.

Stafford

All the games prior to world were - in hindsight - extremely clunky.

Every time you drank a potion, your character would immediately stop moving, take about 4 seconds to drink, and then flex. Only then would the potion effect take, meaning in a dangerous situation, you'd have to effectively stand still for about 5 seconds to heal yourself. Granted, older games had all of the zones split off by loading brief loading screens, so you could safely cross a zone barrier and then heal or sharpen or whatever. Monsters of course could follow you, but generally you had a moment to yourself.

Pick axes, bug nets, BBQ spits, even whet stones (sharpening stones), all of these were physical items you had to carry in your inventory if you wanted to use them. Today, they are freely usable as an action on your hot bar, but back then if you didn't bring them with you, you didn't get to use them.

There were no inventory boxes at camp where you could restock supplies or change gear. Whatever you left with, is what you had for the entire quest. If someone wasn't properly prepared on a multiplayer quest, everyone had to quit out and start over.

Armor skills were completely different. In World, having Attack Up 1 on a single piece of gear will give you a small amount of extra damage. In previous games, you had to get enough pieces of gear to give you 10 before it would do anything. Only at the 10 point threshold would it activate. Consequently, building gear with decent skill sets was much more difficult and you often had quite a few less active skills. There were also a few NEGATIVE skills that would give you permanent debuffs.

Monster locations were completely unknown to you on the map until you wandered around and spotted them. Then you'd have to get close enough to throw a paintball at them. This would mark them on the map for a time before it wore off. Monsters always spawned at the same location at the start of the quest, so once you knew them well enough you could just head straight there of course. You're still fucked if they fly or run away and you lose them though.

There was no eating at camp. If you died and lost your food buffs oh well its just harder now.

In a way, the old games were much more deliberate and greatly rewarded thoughtfulness and preparedness. Learning the monsters patterns was imperative because you had many less means to resupply if things got ugly.

These are all reasons why the game was such a barrier of entry for many newcomers- it was just very unforgiving. But to go against all odds and still come out victorious was a really powerful feeling.

Damn, yeah that IS different. I honestly hope they don't go back to those seperate locations with loading. I remember that in one of the Vita games I briefly played and really disliked that. The way MHW handles that I find that way, way better. After the success of MHW I hope they build on that.

Comandr

Damn, yeah that IS different. I honestly hope they don't go back to those seperate locations with loading. I remember that in one of the Vita games I briefly played and really disliked that. The way MHW handles that I find that way, way better. After the success of MHW I hope they build on that.
I think Rise has proven they aren't interested in going back to that formula. The only way I could see them doing it is if they went open world and different biomes were HUGE and the towns were separated by a loading screen. I think making zones so big they require some kind of mount to traverse reasonably would be a design mistake and I trust the MH team not to execute on that poorly.

Stafford

So it's Dragon's Dogma 2 after all? Coming in March next year. There is no way they plan to release two huge games at the same time. It's just odd because it did say unannounced and DD2 was a announced game by then. Huh.

Draugoth

Gold Member
So it's Dragon's Dogma 2 after all? Coming in March next year. There is no way they plan to release two huge games at the same time. It's just odd because it did say unannounced and DD2 was a announced game by then. Huh.

It's a very hyped up title.

Top Bottom