• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, after half a year ... how much better and sorted out is the ps5's ui in terms of bc and ps4 saves?

Nickolaidas

I remember being a hussle to transfer saves from your ps4 to your ps5 day one, and the ui messing up in clearly explaining if you are downloading the ps5 or ps4 version of a game. Sometimes data corruption would occur or some crap.

Have there been any improvements on that front?

MurfHey

Im not sure what the issue was about transferring saves from 4 to 5 was but all I did was do the transfer on the ps5 via Ethernet direct to ps4, which worked flawlessly with zero issues for me. When it comes to downloading games, if it doesnt show any icons by the game title its for PS5, if it shows PS4...its for PS4. I havent had any issues with data corruption. I don't know if I struck the PS5 lottery with my system, but I have had zero issues with my system.

Personally I've never had any issues with getting my saves from the PS Plus Cloud Storage and I've gone through about 7 free PS5 upgrades, including both digital and disk games, and I've never found it unclear at all as to how to upgrade. It also very clearly marks the PS4 and PS5 versions separately when you're asked which one you want to download, and they're marked clearly in the game versions list too. So I've had no issues tbh, and can't really see what all the fuss was about?

Also had no data corruption or anything like that.

Last edited:

martino

there is not enought content for now to see the bad of it
but that time will come.

Last edited:

KAOS

Needs major improvements! What I went through with transferring saves between the ps 4 FF7 Remake and the ps5 FF7 Remake almost made turn off the system in discuss!

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
PS4 saves transfer to PS5 is a bit hassle, not a deal breaker

I dont really care about UI

Just hope more FPS boost supported though, got used to 60fps

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Having prior knowledge transferring data was a breeze for me (cloud, and a usb external HD). I hate generation transitions but you have to get through them.

Saves are hit and miss between games…may be due to the shitty bc solutions and how the ps5 treats upgrades to games….some games it’s flawless the others a clusterfuck

the usability has not really improved since launch…hopefully the fall update which has the m2 bay support brings other goodies outside of a louder fan

Kuranghi

I didnt have online with PS4 so I was going to have to use USB to transfer them but then they came out with the PS Plus Collection so I ended up getting it for that and then did it through the Cloud.

I had a few issues where it wouldn't sync a couple of them (due to corruption + some games not being available on PS5) but I redid it and it cleared it up. So it was a hassle for maybe 15-20 mins but then once it was up and running I've had no issues with syncing them to the cloud (Well afaik lol, it says they are synced, but I only have one PS5 console and dont go between it and the PS4 to check they are all syncd up).

So my experience of just transferring them from PS4 to PS5 was a bit rocky but the issues were not to do with the cloud save syncing feature itself.

Kilau

I just want to be able to hold down the PS button on the controller and bring up a quick shut down/rest/reboot menu.

Was simple when I got mine. Took a couple of minutes to download my saves from the cloud, shut down the PS5 to connect my external from the PS4 Pro, and then booted the PS5 to find all my PS4 games ready to go. Haven't had any problems at all really. Only upgrade I have was for Atelier Ryza 2 and that required me to do a cross gen save on the PS4 version to access on the PS5 version, no biggie as I had it on the external still

Not much has changed in the two months I had it so far, no folders, and generally less practical.

The most annoying feature (not stuff that's missing) is that for some reason when you press the PS button they bring the bottom menu, which is kinf of like the long press menu of the PS4. The idea works, because it let you control sound output, volume, shutdown, etc. but it defaults to a stupid news card that sits above the menu itself, which kind of defeat the purpose of bringing up a shortcut menu... long press on PS brings you back to the games list--which has no folders/categories, and the library view still refuses to default to "installed/alphabetical" grid view (which should be the default view on the dashboard, maybe with a row of recent games at the top, but that's all we really need).

It's still convenient, but it gets more in the way than the PS4's UI did.

However, I have put all my PS4 games on an external drive and they made it easy to transfer PS5 games to and from the internal drive.

The Snake

When I started up the PS5 it asked if I wanted to transfer everything from my PS4. It told me what to do and then it took care of the rest. Incredibly easy.

I'm not wild about the UI. No folders, and I hate how the trophies are laid out on a horizontal bar. There are a couple other nitpicks that obviously aren't important enough for me to remember them at the moment.

NeilH1982

Banned
If your SSD is full and you want to move something to an external HDD be prepared to not be able to use your PS5 for an hour and a half

Top Bottom