• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So apparently Kirby: Planet Robobot has an EPIC ending

Platy

Considering we are talking KIRBY games .. I expected waaaaaaaaay more.

Like Triple Deluxe where Kirby gets PISSED OF and
suck everything including the hud and kills some plant the size of a planet with one blow
or something like Kirby 64 where the final boss gives any sane person nightmares

PSqueak

Banned
Considering we are talking KIRBY games .. I expected waaaaaaaaay more.

Like Triple Deluxe where Kirby gets PISSED OF and
suck everything including the hud and kills some plant the size of a planet with one blow
or something like Kirby 64 where the final boss gives any sane person nightmares

Yup, pretty much, the ending was pretty standard kirby stuff
down to the shooter portion
and not the most epic in the series even.

Also im so sick of people calling everything with a
Drill!!!
"gurren lagann", you guys aware that's not something GL invented right? I do guess kirby's mech does kinda resembles a gunman, but come on, what else would a mech in a kirby game look like. This shit wasn't
Galactic or even full planetary scale
as to be called "gurren Lagann"

Bulzeeb

if anything Kirby is one of the most (if not the most) OP characters in the Nintendo Universe, he usually saves entire galaxies and fights some really dark/crazy/nightmare fuel things from time to time, always behind the disguise of being cute as fuck.

Tookay

Drill!!!
"gurren lagann", you guys aware that's not something GL invented right? I do guess kirby's mech does kinda resembles a gunman, but come on, what else would a mech in a kirby game look like. This shit wasn't

It's pretty obviously aping
Gurren Lagann.
Like I don't know how you could deny it - it's practically the final attack from the TV show.

L Thammy

Drill!!!

Is this you?

c06b09f9112b16c6f6210ffx4u.jpg

TheJoRu

But the real question is:can it top The Wonderful 101 ending?

Kirby's good, but nothing can beat the (from Wonderful 101 ending)
Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow

if anything Kirby is one of the most (if not the most) OP characters in the Nintendo Universe, he usually saves entire galaxies and fights some really dark/crazy/nightmare fuel things from time to time, always behind the disguise of being cute as fuck.

indeed.
In this game. he fights something that has the
intent on destroying all organic life
Another day in the life of Kirby

Kinsei

Banned

All of that power in the hands of an idiot. There's a reason Meta-Knight and Dedede don't usually go to him for help.

Platy

When you think about, Kirby fits pretty much an eldritch abomination that can be summoned to do things like every other evil demon

Piers

I enjoy my romps though the games, but the real meat is actually the boss battles. Everything up until you unlock the boss rush arenas are basically filler.

But I definitely don't blame you if you can't get to that point. The actual levels are just beat 'em up lite.

I often wonder if this is why Kirby Super Star was so good — the miniature games provided twists to the gameplay, so the fun platforming and combat doesn't become monotonous.

magnetic

I enjoy my romps though the games, but the real meat is actually the boss battles. Everything up until you unlock the boss rush arenas are basically filler.

But I definitely don't blame you if you can't get to that point. The actual levels are just beat 'em up lite.

Man, that's so true. These games have a reputation for being easy baby games, but they always end up having great post game content with fantastic boss rush modes. I love games that have such a wide range of challenge.

This reminds me to play some more of Kirby Superstar DS!

Epic final bosses are par for the course with Kirby, but seeing
Nova
makes me feel bad about neglecting Kirby games for the past few years (it's not for a lack of interest!) because these posts about the recent games digging into the lore and universe-building is something I would be eating up. I wonder if they're ever going to follow up on the implications of Shiver Star from Kirby 64 or if that's going to remain a nod and a wink.

Playsage

Holy Shit!
He actually did "Giga Drill Breaker!" as a finisher! As absorbing the Halberd to go Star Fox wasn't enough!
lol

Top Bottom