• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So are there any good FPS to look forward to?

Jb

Battlefront being the first one done by Dice is actually really exciting to me. The previous games felt pretty dumbed down because they were designed for PS2 era consoles first and foremost, but if they can fuse the scale of a BF4 map and the gunplay of something like Jedi Knight 2, it could be one of the best Star Wars games ever.

Evolve should sratch that L4D itch nicely. Let's hope the maps are fun and varied.

Dying Light looks like a cool evolution of the Dead Island combat with more mobility and (hopefully) more agency to tackle situations in different ways.

Rainbow Six Siege has a ton of potential, but I don't think Ubisoft has delivered a good balanced PVP shooter in a while.

Halo 5 will probably try some new stuff with the franchise, maybe fix the prometheans and have better level design than 4. Fingers crossed.

daninthemix

I would like to see more developers try their hand at open world FPS. Right now it seems we only have Ubisoft and Borderlands. The former is decent but beholden to the somewhat tired Ubi open world template, and the latter has been done.

I would like to see more developers try their hand at open world FPS. Right now it seems we only have Ubisoft and Borderlands. The former is decent but beholden to the somewhat tired Ubi open world template, and the latter has been done.

I think the new Homefront is suppose to be an open world FPS

Battlefront being the first one done by Dice is actually really exciting to me. The previous games felt pretty dumbed down because they were designed for PS2 era consoles first and foremost, but if they can fuse the scale of a BF4 map and the gunplay of something like Jedi Knight 2, it could be one of the best Star Wars games
Well SWBF2 did come out in 2005 and it had less than a year of development time. The 7th Gen wasn't even fully out yet. In fact the first game that I really associated with being then a "next-gen" game was Warhawk and that came out in 2007.

That said I am very excited to see what a SWBF developed solely for the current generation looks like. I'm hoping for 128 player Conquest.

NIN90

Agree! DB can only be let down by its business model, but the gunplay and speed are great. Reflex is probably the most promising real death match game in the last 5 years.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think about their Loadout model.. Seems kinda gross. Haven't played enough since they implemented it, though.

rubex75

Banned
Serious Sam 4 next year

Really? Is this confirmed?

Edit: Just found out this is true. Holy shit, can't wait! I found this image that's rumored to be linked to the game. Sorry if it's old news.

Serious-Sam-4.jpg

Serious Sam 4 is in the works? rockadoodlitootally

Also I'm really looking forward to Dying Light and Mirrors Edge 2. After Prey 2's cancellation these parkour FPS' need to be good.

Skyzard

Banned
Evolve is my number 1 ... on PC. Hope they get it up to scratch on consoles too, it's damn good co-operative gameplay.

Looking forward to serious sam 4...until none of you actually buy it and the multiplayer is dead.

Forget about star citizen for a few years.

Really? Is this confirmed?

Edit: Just found out this is true. Holy shit, can't wait! I found this image that's rumored to be linked to the game. Sorry if it's old news.

Serious-Sam-4.jpg

It was suppose to come out this year, but Croteam got distracted a bit. They were experimenting with the idea of putting big puzzles in serious sam, but decided against it and made it a separate game coming out next month called the Talos Principle.

talo3.jpg

talo2.jpg

hold dat L, Johnathan Blow

So when that's over, they'll go back to SS4. They've been basically making the same game for 15 years, I think they can have a break with a philosophical puzzle game once, right?

deeptech

UT4 for the most part , SC fps thingy got my attention as well. I never knew we're getting new Sam so guess i'm hyped for that too now :D

They all seem kinda far off to me still.. There's really nothing but CS:GO as far as FPS on PC goes these days , for me at least.

rubex75

Banned
It was suppose to come out this year, but Croteam got distracted a bit. They were experimenting with the idea of putting big puzzles in serious sam, but decided against it and made it a separate game coming out next month called the Talos Principle.

talo3.jpg

talo2.jpg

hold dat L, Johnathan Blow

So when that's over, they'll go back to SS4. They've been basically making the same game for 15 years, I think they can have a break with a philosophical puzzle game once, right?

That looks pretty interesting, might have a look when it comes out. I'm just glad that SS4 is a possibility!

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
I think Hardline will surprise a lot of people. I believe it will be really good

Couple of reasons: -Visceral is awesome
-They are really listening on twitter and adding stuff the community really want (less suppression for example)
-All the CTE changes from bf4 + more will be included from the start

I like you. You seem nice.

ryseing

Everyone is forgetting Treyarch CoD.

Combine AW's movement with whatever they have up their sleeves... Should be great.

Dying Light, Dead Island 2, Planetside on PS4, Borderlands 3 (you can bet your ass it's coming to next gen soonish).
Borderlands probably won't be until late 2016 at the earliest. Gearbox just released TPS and they're dealing with Battleborn, no?

Oh and the Blizzard game that looks really fun, but whose name I can't recall

Edit: Overwatch

Havoc2049

I'm looking forward to Halo 5 and Doom 4 the most. It'll be interesting to see what id/Bethesda does with the multiplayer in the new Doom. I hope they stick with the classic Doom/Quake multiplayer formula. I think the new Doom multiplayer beta is Spring 2015.

I don't feel Star Wars Battlefront. I mean I do, but it's impossible to balance?. Jedi/Sith are soo powerful that it will always be fucked up balance wise...

I want a new TPP/FPP Jedi Knight game. Total lightsaber online 32 player online mayham. create-a-force-user make a jedi-enclave/sith-order clan-guild and just go wreck shit up with a mix of aestetic unlocks, detailed character customization and cool subtle robes/lightsaber hilt/clothing unlocks for hundreds of thousands of hours.

realease that shit for free. make LoL custom packs.. introduce new races and bla bla bla as just aesthetics. Nothing game or balance breaking. put ads in between loading screen to monotize it correctly and do it completely f2p. Get complete twitch integration and make a true esport game. thats the online star wars game I want.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Halo 5 looks like it'll be a crap ton of fun. Curious about Battlefront as well.

Top Bottom