• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Bioshock Infinite looked pretty rough. (VGA showing)

Pooya

Yeah, didn't look good at all. very janky, Bioshock 1 was very janky in combat too and reading the new previews the guns and combat are apparently similarly bad still.

Also, I'm not really sure if branding this with a subtitle is going to help it, I mean look at other games in March with subtitles, subtitle might give the impression that this is not a full fledged sequel to average player and the game really looks like just Bioshock, they should have just called it 3 imo.

I missed it apparently, but someone in the other thread said there were PS3 button prompts?

Anyway, game looked pretty damn rough. You never want to take something like as final product, but how it presented combined with it's multiple delays, (apparently) troubled development, and staff departures starts to be concerning. Honestly if that was the showing they chose to make, they shouldn't have shown it; either it's really not going to be representative of the final product, or the game may be in worse shape than we thought.

Def. 360.

There were button prompts. I refuse to believe that it was PC footage.

W1SSY

I missed it apparently, but someone in the other thread said there were PS3 button prompts?

Anyway, game looked pretty damn rough. You never want to take something like as final product, but how it presented combined with it's multiple delays, (apparently) troubled development, and staff departures starts to be concerning. Honestly if that was the showing they chose to make, they shouldn't have shown it; either it's really not going to be representative of the final product, or the game may be in worse shape than we thought.

No it was definitely 360 with A button prompts.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I did think it looked fairly rough as well and I have a lot more hope than most. The HUD while on rails looked terrible.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was glad they finally showed combat or at least I think it was the first time. But as others have said it looked pretty rough. If this is what they are showing you have to imagine it is the best stuff they have and that makes me worry about the rest of the game.

They've shown it before in what seemed like a heavily scripted scenario that I didn't think they could replicate over a full game. Here it looked like a janky clusterfuck.

Stark

Banned
And yeah, for most concerns, I think it had something to do with how the trailer was put together-- aside from the framerate.

I'm still optimistic that IG has it going good though.

Also, the Handyman clip had her in her "original" costume.

Didn't notice that. :eek:

cameron

It does look a bit rough. It would be a bummer if the combat turns out to be a random/chaotic mess of dumb bullet sponges that the player 'rambos' through.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I certainly look forward to playing it on the PC where at least I won't have to worry about the framerate.

I don't like New chell I mean alyx I mean Elizabeth. If you're not going to have the courage to put such impressive bosons in your game, make her as girl next door as you like at the beginning.

Ithil

I don't like New chell I mean alyx I mean Elizabeth. If you're not going to have the courage to put such impressive bosons in your game, make her as girl next door as you like at the beginning.

You didn't see her warp into her corset outfit when it changed to the gunfight?

I think the game's problem is it just missed it's best before date. When they revealed it back in 2010 it looked amazing, but it's just been kept the oven too long with delays and what not....and now they delay it even more?

Framerate was very cinematic.

Peter Jackson disagrees :p

kurahador

Yeah...I don't see anything bad about that trailer aside from the framerate dips, which btw is common for a console version.

I think the rail works like a rollercoaster; slow while going up, picking up speed as it gains momentum with an option to break.

(So, are we off Levine's dick now? If so, do we climb back on around January?)

It looked a little rough, but nothing that would turn me off of the game. If it's still wonky, I'd reconsider. But I'm still in w/ IG.

lucius

I still love the world and concept, and how can you not like Elizabeth character design but messy, sloppy, janky is an accurate description of that gameplay footage.

Be honest here

If that was the game's first showing, from Moby Dick Studios with a release date that isn't all that far off, what would you think?

I don't want to be too critical as clearly a lot of work has gone into it, but that went well beyond the realms of underwhelming, and deep into 'worrying' territory for me

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Had to be the 360 version. Which makes me think the PC version must not be doing too well.

I played three hours of the PC version this week. It was astounding, and exceeded every one of my expectations.

I was concerned about the game, much the same as many in this thread, but I am not anymore.

Won

After all the rather negative news surrounding the game this sure wasn't something I needed to see.

Stark

Banned

Piece it together...

Trailer. http://kotaku.com/5966800/confronting-the-handyman-in-bioshock-infinite

Outside out of the rough framerate at the beginning, I think you guys are definitely overreacting.

With a second look, aside from the framerate drop, the gameplay definitely looks amazing and I like the chaotic feel.

But yeah it also looks like a quickly put together trailer. Other than that it looks beautiful.

Mooreberg

I'm curious how the "1999 mode" is going to work. This game seems way, way more chaotic and action heavy than BioShock or System Shock 2.

Karram

I think it will be a fine game, but not the game I wanted it to be. It's not the low beat less combat focused more story,world, and character focused game they showed back at E3, or on the game reveal. Rod Fergusson effect is very apparent.

Vire

The sound effects are really quite bad.

Maybe it's because I'm coming from Halo 4 or something, but everything sounded so weak and muffled.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What is happening at 1:13-1:18? There's some explosion and the guy gets pelted with bullets while his HP barely moves.

Anduron

Be honest here

If that was the game's first showing, from Moby Dick Studios with a release date that isn't all that far off, what would you think?

Haha fair enough, but it's not Moby Dick studios. I expect at minimum something as good as Bioshock 1 and nothing I've seen has suggested it'll be worse.

Dartastic

I played three hours of the PC version this week. It was astounding, and exceeded every one of my expectations.

I was concerned about the game, much the same as many in this thread, but I am not anymore.
Quoting because a friend of mine also played 3 or so hours, and came away with positive feelings about the game as well.

jett

D-Member
It really didn't look very good, and the framerate was kinda crap at the beginning. Seems they've heavily downgraded the whole zipline thing too. Didn't look too hot.

Yeah, it looked... eh...

I mean, I still am looking forward to this, but Im not expecting a masterpiece.. Im expecting a game with an awesome setting and ideas that is weighed down by average gameplay/AI. It still may surprise though, who knows.

Teletraan1

Banned
I remember when this game was E3 11 game of show. Not looking quite up to that now. Hopefully it turns out ok but I have my doubts.

Top Bottom