• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...Can anyone find a New 3DS XL right now? It seems sold out everywhere

soultron

Banned
I tried an EB on launch day (didn't have a preorder) and they were all spoken for. The employee mentioned they would be getting more next week.

Went to a TRU in the same mall and they had 1 Black, 3 Red left. I bought the Black one, a charger ($15), and MM.

ZOONAMI

I lucked out this morning...looked online and saw a Target may have 1 in stock that I had called past couple days...call again this morning and they had 5 minutes earlier found it in the stock room in the wrong box! It may be the last one in the twin cities...

Try toys r us, got mine in maplewood, my friend got his in burnsville.

So either Nintendo shipped very few units or it's selling really well. Or, likely, a combination of both.

If I remeber correctly the n3DS didn't sell well at release in Japan, or did it?

clo1_2000

Banned
Sold out pretty much every where in the Concord area. All gamestops received a fair amount, pre-order only. Best Buy and TRU also sold out along with Frys. At least as of Saturday.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This is probably the only time I've wanted a launch console but couldn't get it. Target/Best Buy get their trucks on Monday, so I may go check after work just for shits.

walmart.com and dell.com may still have black in stock. My friend got his at FYE yesterday (they had mutliple of each color) after searching everywhere for one

Target about ~5mins from my work claims to have them in stock, so I went to get one, and nope, sold out. Went back and checked on my phone and they still say they have them in stock.

Another Target on my way home claims to have one, but I'll call this time rather than waste time... This happened on Saturday as well.

TI82

Banned
I won't say how, but I've got a bead on a majoras mask 3ds xl at the moment. I'll be posting photos on Friday if I get it!

Target about ~5mins from my work claims to have them in stock, so I went to get one, and nope, sold out. Went back and checked on my phone and they still say they have them in stock.

Another Target on my way home claims to have one, but I'll call this time rather than waste time... This happened on Saturday as well.

Did you ask Customer Service? I know longshot but when I was at Best Buy on Friday they seemed to have all the N3ds systems at customer service for some reason... Strange as the displays were up and the games were out just not the new system.

I won't say how, but I've got a bead on a majoras mask 3ds xl at the moment. I'll be posting photos on Friday if I get it!

Come on, no one will judge you for animal sacrifice and dark magic here on GAF.

TI82

Banned
Come on, no one will judge you for animal sacrifice and dark magic here on GAF.

A scalper has a crush on a friend of mine, and she maybe has a sort of feeling for him and said she would only go on a date with him if he sold me the system at cost. And hes going to give her the metaknight and dedede he's getting on Friday at BestBuy. And has to buy her dinner.

Lol

Kilau

Well my black n3DS from Walmart was supposed to be here this morning but they shipped it from Atlanta to Memphis when it needs to come to Florida so now it's stuck in snow storm limbo :(

spookyfish

Nintendo loves to create artificial supply constraints.

I don't understand why people think this. A manufacturer loves to create a submarket that they see absolutely zero money from?

Do you think people who buy from scalpers will then come back and buy the same item again from the manufacturer?

This makes no sense. The most simple explanation is more than not the correct one, and it seems they are just inept at anticipating demand.

Well, that's fucking great. Thanks nintendo.

It's a system relaunch. MAKE UNITS. I actually desire to buy your product!

It's not Nintendo's fault that you was abviously not able to preorder a New Nintendo 3DS so stop acting like it's Nintendo's fault that don't have one right now!

And this is why you always pre-order Nintendo products.

This! It's not like Nintendo is able to produce unlimited numbers of New Nintendo 3DS consoles before launch, but we are on GAF here and as always no one knows obviously that it takes time to produce these New Nintendo 3DS consoles.

Call your local Toys R Us and ask if they have any. When I went to pick up my 3DS yesterday they had 7 in-stock. Don't rely on the website inventory checker.

16560761791_3d5684322e_c.jpg

Rival

Gold Member
I ordered a black one from dell last night. Wish I could have gotten the Zelda one. I would normally be all over that but was super busy at work the day they were announced and couldn't get one.

Sometimes even preorders don't work.

This is ultimately Nintendo's fault, not the consumers'

It's the consumers' fault that Nintendo continues to be incompetent at meeting demand?

It's not like Nintendo is able to produce unlimited numbers of New Nintendo 3DS consoles before launch, but we are on GAF here and as always no one knows obviously that it takes time to produce these New Nintendo 3DS consoles.

IceIpor

Or... You can wait a couple of weeks until they get enough stock in.
It's not like the old 3ds became obsolete just because a refresh came out.

In the UK gameseek.co.uk are showing 30+ of the XL in blue and 1 in black

Argos stores seemed to have all 3DS and XL in stock at all 5 stores closest to me!

Argos had a killer deal on the xbox one and evolve for 299.99 at my store

Just talked to a Gamestop guy while on my lunch break. He said they may be getting more by the end of the week but that it'd be something ridiculous like two or three total systems. I'd broaden my search but I have a bunch of gamestop gift cards.

I saw a few Gamestops pop up with stock on their website (one for black, one for red) but not anywhere near me. Same with a Walmart but I was unable to get it for in store pickup like it said. I was at work so I cluldn't go.

Anyone here have any luck finding any today?

Didnt realize these were hard to find. I walked into my local Target around 6pm on friday and bought my black n3DS.

The clerk says "are you looking for the black new 3DS? Because i've got the last one right here"

"Are you sure? i thought I saw about 7 in the case..."

They had over a dozen in total.

dedhead54

I checked 3 Targets and a Wal-Mart in the ATL area and none had any. Now I'm up and Tennessee and I'm going to check a Wal-Mart here in a bit. Fingers crossed.

For some random reason today before driving to class I decided to check gamestop to see if they had any, said only 1 location on my island (oahu) had it. So I went to class, then between my classes called to see if they actually had anyway, and they did! So I ditched the rest of my classes today and hauled ass to the store and got it.

Nintendo loves to create artificial supply constraints.

I am so tired of this train of thought.
Nintendo doesn't want to make or produce any product that cant be sold instantly.
They want to keep their inventory rate as high as possible to avoid any possible loss.

Cipherr

They're not losing money. If anything being a hard to find item is likely to get fence sitters jumping off to claim one.

You guys need to huddle together and figure out which one it is.

On one end theres people telling us that not having enough to meet demand loses them loads of money because people just say "Forget it" if they cannot find one immediately. On the other hand others are saying being hard to find drives demand up which results in more sales overall.

I can say that I am one of those people that wants it more now that I can't find one. But I would have bought one eventually, I was just planning on waiting a few months.

FaidSint

Call your local Toys R Us and ask if they have any. When I went to pick up my 3DS yesterday they had 7 in-stock. Don't rely on the website inventory checker.

16560761791_3d5684322e_c.jpg

This guy inspired me to call my Toys R Us. It was looking futile since they sold out of all the ones they got Friday.. except that someone had asked them to hold a Red one for them and never came to pick it up, it was left at the back of a drawer and they had forgotten about it until I called, I ran in and grabbed it.

I'm pretty sure I got the last New 3DS XL in the state of Vermont. (Every store has been sold out since Friday for these things).

After looking around for in-store stock this morning, I've noticed Target has moved the new 3DS to the bottom of it's search results, and Toys R Us seems to have removed them completely...

dedhead54

Has anyone had any luck with GameStop or Walmart this morning?

I checked Wal-Mart's website again this morning and found a store with both colors in stock. It is around 35 minutes from me so I did in-store pickup and am heading that way soon. My card has been charged and everything so I'm hoping there's no way I get there and they somehow don't have it.

Sounds like Toys R Us is the opposite of Target. Up to yesterday, 2 targets around me claimed they had them in stock, but neither did.

Today it's a different story for Target.com:

bLHDOcQl.png

They changed from "Find a store" to "not sold in stores" and "out of stock online."

The WalMart in my city is claiming that I can pick up today... So maybe I'll try that and pick it up after work today.

*edit*

Just went on WalMart.com and was able to successfully purchase it with pickup "today" in Central Mass. 3 WalMarts in Central Mass are claiming they have them:
- Worcester (Tobias Bolland Way)
- Oxford (Rt 20)
- Leicester (Rt 9)

dedhead54

Went back to Wal-Mart's website just now out of curiosity and now it says sold out when I try to add a black system to my cart for in-store pickup. Hopefully mine goes through processing and switches over to ready for pickup. I must have gotten the last one, or one of the last one, that was available.

Rumor is next shipment of consoles for GameStop is February 18th

Hopefully will be sooner however. Just giving a heads up

I was able to confirm this is true.

GameStops are being restocked over the next several days. Some stores receiving shipments now. They wont be a large shipment and will go fast.

If you want one / are searching I'd call your local store soon to see if they are coming in. They will be gone fast.

Producer

I was able to confirm this is true.

GameStops are being restocked over the next several days. Some stores receiving shipments now. They wont be a large shipment and will go fast.

If you want one / are searching I'd call your local store soon to see if they are coming in. They will be gone fast.

thanks for the heads up. Gamestop is the closet store near me so i'd rather get it there.

Top Bottom